Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Wow. I don't even have a 4K player and I want that Steelbook.

That's an awful big list of people to have on one podcast. But of course I will listen to it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Avengers (2018) #64 nothing to report, here's the times Namor appears

There's a couple more pages, but as you said, nothing happens with Namor. There's a bit of of disconnect with the artist, IMO, which is why we also get this weird Tony voice over page that has nothing to do with the scene. Plus, we get page after page more with Tony and Thor, cause it's not like they don't have their own books to have all that characterization show up. /sarcasm But Namor isn't in pages of line ups, or, IIRC, is it clear how his shirt gets ripped off. At this point, I'm just waiting for the agony to be over.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. I don't even have a 4K player and I want that Steelbook.

That's an awful big list of people to have on one podcast. But of course I will listen to it.
    I don't know if they are all in one episode because it says there are multiple episodes!

There's a couple more pages, but as you said, nothing happens with Namor. There's a bit of of disconnect with the artist, IMO, which is why we also get this weird Tony voice over page that has nothing to do with the scene. Plus, we get page after page more with Tony and Thor, cause it's not like they don't have their own books to have all that characterization show up. /sarcasm But Namor isn't in pages of line ups, or, IIRC, is it clear how his shirt gets ripped off. At this point, I'm just waiting for the agony to be over.
    Same, can't wait till we are done with this!

Twitter fans are going crazy bc someone apparently got their eyes on the original early script of BP:WF and it has a Namor x Shuri romance (which we already knew that the creators changed it because they decided they didn't want a romance) but I'm more interested in the rumor of them having Namor's birth name as Cha'ah, could this be in reference to the Mayan rain god?

Twitter fans are going crazy bc someone apparently got their eyes on the original early script of BP:WF and it has a Namor x Shuri romance (which we already knew that the creators changed it because they decided they didn't want a romance) but I'm more interested in the rumor of them having Namor's birth name as Cha'ah, could this be in reference to the Mayan rain god?

Color me skeptical on that on all accounts. I mean, seeing the original script. And then the comprehension of some fans about what seeing what they want to see, as opposed to what was actually written.

Even beyond that, however, I am curious about what Namor's real name is... as well as any other names he has. He did say he many names. I don't know if that refers to Chac or not. But it could be.

Color me skeptical on that on all accounts. I mean, seeing the original script. And then the comprehension of some fans about what seeing what they want to see, as opposed to what was actually written.

Even beyond that, however, I am curious about what Namor's real name is... as well as any other names he has. He did say he many names. I don't know if that refers to Chac or not. But it could be.
    Yeah a lot of the Namor x Shuri fans are making every detail in the current release movie all about that ship but idk what the early versions of the scripts holds, except some people were saying Shuri and Riri spent 5 days there and something about Shuri, Riri, and Namor being worse/not as nice as the movies? Riri helping Namor then Namor still wanting to kill her. But there should be at least 2 scripts, one with T'Challa, and the one with Shuri, plus all the stuff that was cut. I do wonder if they will release all of that, because I don't keep up with other mcu movies but do they release scripts?

Got a link here to the script that was just sent to me by a mutual!

"Ch'ah Toh Almehen" seems to be Namor's name?!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Speaking for myself, I am glad there was no Shuri / Namor romance. I think they've changed things enough as it is. I am getting cranky I guess but I don't like it when they stray that far away from the comics. Sort of dreading what they may do with Doom when he finally shows up in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Speaking for myself, I am glad there was no Shuri / Namor romance. I think they've changed things enough as it is. I am getting cranky I guess but I don't like it when they stray that far away from the comics. Sort of dreading what they may do with Doom when he finally shows up in the MCU.
    I'm neutral on the ship itself, I don't hate it but like, I just don't ship it. I think it's very smart they decided not to do any romance in the movie because imo it would have felt really out of place for the tone of grief/moving on that the movie carries. I honestly don't think they can do worse by Doom than Fant4sic the movie, im sorry but gamer white man doom who becomes that weird thing, it's not even a mask, just his body? no thanks! hopefully they will go old school with doom

Yeah a lot of the Namor x Shuri fans are making every detail in the current release movie all about that ship but idk what the early versions of the scripts holds, except some people were saying Shuri and Riri spent 5 days there and something about Shuri, Riri, and Namor being worse/not as nice as the movies? Riri helping Namor then Namor still wanting to kill her. But there should be at least 2 scripts, one with T'Challa, and the one with Shuri, plus all the stuff that was cut. I do wonder if they will release all of that, because I don't keep up with other mcu movies but do they release scripts?
    I don't think so. Not officially. Sometimes you find them on eBay or something. Though alot of that has been curtailed, with marked or part specific scripts. After some time, you can sometime find them on script writing sites, presumably with permissions.

We know from that actress on instagram, that Riri and Shuri spent longer with the Talokanil. I've been wanting to read the script to see what scenes were cut. Plus some things I'd like spelled out - though I'd still need a translator. LOL!

I don't expect the characters to come across the same, since alot of that is from the actors. A script is very bare bones, and mostly dialog.

Got a link here to the script that was just sent to me by a mutual!

"Ch'ah Toh Almehen" seems to be Namor's name?!
    WOW! But what does it mean?

Okay. I'm surprised, but on the quick scan, this definitely matches up with the movie. Plus it does have that cut scene with Shuri and Riri helping Namor fix something in Talokan. Thank you for sharing!

Ah! I found the Mayan for Imperious Rex! Something I was looking for. Of course, again, not sure how that exactly translates, but it is interesting that parts of it look like his name.

CH'A TOH AJ TEPAL! (IMPERIOUS REX)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm neutral on the ship itself, I don't hate it but like, I just don't ship it. I think it's very smart they decided not to do any romance in the movie because imo it would have felt really out of place for the tone of grief/moving on that the movie carries. I honestly don't think they can do worse by Doom than Fant4sic the movie, im sorry but gamer white man doom who becomes that weird thing, it's not even a mask, just his body? no thanks! hopefully they will go old school with doom
    That Josh Trank FF movies definitely was the worst attempt at an adaptation of the Fantastic Four and Doom. None of the movies have gotten Doom...the cartoons do a better job like Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes or the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games. I'd be more hopeful if the Russo Brothers will be coming back to Marvel but I haven't seen anything about that.

I don't think so. Not officially. Sometimes you find them on eBay or something. Though alot of that has been curtailed, with marked or part specific scripts. After some time, you can sometime find them on script writing sites, presumably with permissions.

We know from that actress on instagram, that Riri and Shuri spent longer with the Talokanil. I've been wanting to read the script to see what scenes were cut. Plus some things I'd like spelled out - though I'd still need a translator. LOL!

I don't expect the characters to come across the same, since alot of that is from the actors. A script is very bare bones, and mostly dialog.

WOW! But what does it mean?

Okay. I'm surprised, but on the quick scan, this definitely matches up with the movie. Plus it does have that cut scene with Shuri and Riri helping Namor fix something in Talokan. Thank you for sharing!

Ah! I found the Mayan for Imperious Rex! Something I was looking for. Of course, again, not sure how that exactly translates, but it is interesting that parts of it look like his name.

CH'A TOH AJ TEPAL! (IMPERIOUS REX)
    From the discord, a fan gave this observation:

Ch'a = Bring
    Toh= watch- alert/awareness aj= lineage
    Tepal= prosperity/good governance

We know Imperius Rex! is a made up word stating "empire king!" or "for the empire and king!" or something along those lines so the Mayan equivalent could be "Bring watch/alert/awareness to lineage for prosperity"? I'm just theorizing.

And you are welcome, but I wasn't sure if I should keep the link up because many people told me I shouldn't on twitter, which I deleted from there. There is a lot of omissions in the script but the rest of it matches up with the movie with the changes they mentioned making.