Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I think that's first pic is on Plant Man's ship which takes place on Earth. Though ... weren't they in some sort dimensional pocket?
    D'oh! You're absolutely right, Reviresco!! My apologies. Here's the correct scan I meant to post...

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

A Prince of the Blood knows not how to fail!

Man. That is my Namor. So awesome!

Thanks K7P5V.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Right, this would be my story about "fixing" modern Atlantis and the 20 versions of the city and have come and gone. (I won't go too deep, as I've spoke about this before and don't want to bore readers in the thread) Namor and possibly Fen began this project in Namor's youth, under Thakorr's reign, to move to a stable, safe and secret location to make an ultimate "scared" Atlantis. Namor as a boy discovers deep caverns at the root of the seamounts that Antarctica rises out of, which lead deep beneath the sea floor, eventually opening into gigantic open planes, like agarthan, hollow earth, yet in the sea. Enough room for Atlantis, and many cities to build and grow for centuries. Namor works on this project, in secret for his entire adult life, hiding if from the world and anyone save the highest elites. The cities you see constantly being destroyed or abandoned and re-populated are basically military and government and their families, cities run by skeleton crews, as each decade, more and more Atlanteans can move into the hidden Sacred City, with a generation or more having already been born there. Namor has to live with the fact he has been sacrificing these skeleton cities and their people, while knowing the new city continues to be built. At the start of my story, Namor the city is complete, and Namor is recalling all Atlanteans to the city, and preparing to also go on an Imperial mission to reach out and re-forge relations with far flung colonies, provinces and peoples who believe Atlantis, for half a century, has all but abandoned them. Some provinces and territories have gravitated to Lemuria, or formed their own coalitions etc, as Attuma and his hordes, which I call the "Golden Shoal" have been all bust unstoppable in recent years.

So the new scientist villain would already be out there in his moving fortress, meeting Tigershark at this time.

Yes. Dorcas no more. Ever.
    Yes! I mean, even with some of the ideas you had for him, Dorcas has such a terrible name.

Hmmmm. I hate to think of Atlanteans being sacrificed while this new Atlantis is being built up. But I love the hidden caverns ... almost like the Hollow Earth. Though I think put it some place other than Antarctica, cause there's way too many hidden places there, including the Old Kings of Atlantis and Aqueos and the Ry'leh, and of course, the Savage Land... and I think a few other places.

The world tour idea is great too! A way to introduce and organize / standardize all the underwater places that Marvel has forgotten or thrown away.

I wish Marvel had even one of your amazing ideas for Namor, Doombot.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thanks! I really love it, and I love the Invaders so much but for a modern team it's Defenders for me. Invaders set in modern times just never seems to stick, but I would love to see someone take on a longer run.
    The quality has been up and down, but I can honestly say, I've enjoyed almost all the Invaders books, even the ones set in modern times. There's something about those old war buddies meeting up again ... plus there's usually flashbacks, which I love.

Modern Defenders ... struggles for me.

They helped like one or two times but it was help, and they literally only did it because the lived in close proximity to the Atlanteans and they and Namor had that deal, but they really don't ever help the Atlanteans at any other time. This is why it makes no sense for Namor to care about the human mutants either, he might side with the underdog but I don't feel that stating "loyalty" to the mutant cause is ever a good reason for him to put mutants above his own people.

Ohh yeah thanks for the reminder, I def need to compile a list of cities under the sea.
    Add it to your endless list of Namor projects.

Yep, it certainly wasn't a good time for the Atlanteans. Sitting under Utopia just painted a bigger target on them, where they ended up attracting all the X-men villains.

Alex Ross is doing a 4 issue connecting cover for the Avengers 60th celebration. And he didn't forget Namor! Or his thighs.

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...241467905?s=20

I do miss the green speedo. And I love how he has Namor and Torch close together.

There's an article and BIG picture of the entire 4 issue image, here on Marvel.com

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=206904065

https://cdn.marvel.com/content/1x/un...ting-cover.jpg

Alex Ross is doing a 4 issue connecting cover for the Avengers 60th celebration. And he didn't forget Namor! Or his thighs.

I do miss the green speedo. And I love how he has Namor and Torch close together.

There's an article and BIG picture of the entire 4 issue image, here on Marvel.com

Subby looks great!

All the characters look very nice.

I wish Simon was in his green costume though.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Nooooo don't get rid of Dr. Dorcas!!! lol. I actually think he would be a great source for a villain who constantly makes monsters of men and sends them out into the world or to fight namor or for his experiments. Like the last sighting of him had him all star fish man like and i think having a monstrous unethical scientist is a great plot in addition to the atlantean mad scientists, lol. I just didn't like Dr Hydro because he was boring.

Doombot you need to write a fanfic of your ideas or better yet! a fancomic with all your awesome art, it would be very cool.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Love that we can always count on Alex Ross to never forget Namor!

I was going over Earth X stuff earlier and I just think its such a interesting concept.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Yes! I mean, even with some of the ideas you had for him, Dorcas has such a terrible name.
    LoL!

I knew someone who had a family member named Dorcas. It was a woman. At first, I thought she was insulting this person. When I realized she was just saying her name, I could not stop laughing.

The name Dorcas still makes me laugh.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hmmmm. I hate to think of Atlanteans being sacrificed while this new Atlantis is being built up. But I love the hidden caverns ... almost like the Hollow Earth. Though I think put it some place other than Antarctica, cause there's way too many hidden places there, including the Old Kings of Atlantis and Aqueos and the Ry'leh, and of course, the Savage Land... and I think a few other places.

The world tour idea is great too! A way to introduce and organize / standardize all the underwater places that Marvel has forgotten or thrown away.

I wish Marvel had even one of your amazing ideas for Namor, Doombot.
    I posted a chunky breakdown of this idea(s) back in 2020? 2019?, it's been a while. I could post it again if anyone's interested, but I know I've been spamming the thread like mad this week already.

Well, I tend to ignore the Old Kings and even the Aqueos because I hate them, but even so Antarctica and the Southern Ocean are absolutely huge. Namor needs to have discovered the area as a child living in Thakorr's Atlantis, so it can't be too far, but I imagine Namor exploring quite a bit, especially as a bright kid with few friends. Plus the area for centuries was the centre of undersea civilization, so other cities, even old evil ones are to be expected, as they interacted. It's kind of like expecting Australia or Africa to only have one city, and then be like, no more, we're all full here! Also, being in the Southern Ocean gives you easy access to every other ocean, except the Arctic. I also imagined Namor would believe his enemies would never think his new Atlantis would be in the same region as his childhood one.

Very big area. And of course, there's no lines dividing things up in real life, take those lines and colours away and the region is even bigger. Good luck finding something down there, especially if it's underground.

I was going over Earth X stuff earlier and I just think its such a interesting concept.

This Namor was so tragic. Everyone was so frightened by him and the scene where he's rampaging and people are sure that if anyone can stand up to the Skull it would be Namor, only to see him fly down and kneel before him was rough.

This Namor was so tragic. Everyone was so frightened by him and the scene where he's rampaging and people are sure that if anyone can stand up to the Skull it would be Namor, only to see him fly down and kneel before him was rough.
    Still haven't read this AU. Not sure I want to, given what happens to Namor.

But I think this was one of the first times Namor's seminal status was recognized.

And yes, I still remember Alex Ross talking about how Marvel should make a Namor movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Subby looks great!

All the characters look very nice.

I wish Simon was in his green costume though.
    Alex Ross is the master. I'm more familiar with this costume so I'm cool with it. Though the green one would have stood out more.

I'm hoping Ross/Marvel will release posters or at least just digital images of the characters separate as they did for the recent Heroes and Villains line ups Ross did, with the Namor posted below. Looking at this newest poster it seems pretty clear that he again did paint each character separately and then the final image was arranged afterwards for the poster/cover(s)

Last edited by Doombot; 03-26-2023 at 04:10 PM.

I'm hoping Ross/Marvel will release posters or at least just digital images of the characters separate as they did for the recent Heroes and Villains line ups Ross did, with the Namor posted below. Looking at this newest poster it seems pretty clear that he again did paint each character separately and then the final image was arranged afterwards for the poster/cover(s)
    That would be awesome! And they are releasing his villians individually, and probably have a poster of all of them together, like this. For his first mural, I bought the a few of the comic variants, but I also bought the poster book, and the calendar, which has a mural of the whole, cause, for some reason, they didn't release a poster of it.