Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That Josh Trank FF movies definitely was the worst attempt at an adaptation of the Fantastic Four and Doom. None of the movies have gotten Doom...the cartoons do a better job like Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes or the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games. I'd be more hopeful if the Russo Brothers will be coming back to Marvel but I haven't seen anything about that.
    I definitely feel the 1994 F4 movie was the closet to Doom in a very theatrical way, but I agree that he hasn't been done perfectly or close to it yet in the movies. I sorta wish we had gotten a glimpse of Doom and Namor in BP: WF, bc they lifted a lot from Doomwar for this movie.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Some fan commentary on Namor's father, basically stating that this also makes Namor biracial in the sense he comes from two different peoples of mesoamerica link link

My Mcu Namor pin came in! I'm so happy I managed to snag one of these!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Some fan commentary on Namor's father, basically stating that this also makes Namor biracial in the sense he comes from two different peoples of mesoamerica link link
    nice! they flipped his origin story around with the sailor Leonard Mackenzie turned to a traveller and the serum Princess Fen drank is now the Vibranium cocktail.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

the script is so good, filled in the blanks i wish the movie did.

IMO they barely stuck the landing at the end, Shuri should have been given more reason to relate to Talokan.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Of course, I noticed, K! Your comic pictorial knowledge is deep.

It's funny, but when I read Jae Lee's Namor as it was coming out I loved it! It was so moody and different from anything else out there. Then when I looked at it later in the 10s, I found his Namor far too 90s scary and muscle bound, though I still appreciated his use of inks and the graphic look of his pages. Now, I still like his later Namor best (Inhumans), but I'm not so anti-90s Namor.
    Thanks, Reviresco! I can always count on you to raise my spirits.

But yeah, the Namor that appeared in Inhumans from Jae Lee shows how far he's come artistically
    (even though, I'll always prefer his earlier version of Namor):

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks, Reviresco! I can always count on you to raise my spirits.

But yeah, the Namor that appeared in Inhumans from Jae Lee shows how far he's come artistically
    (even though, I'll always prefer his earlier version of Namor):
    Jae Lee's Namor is so pretty.

As your posts raise my spirits, K7P5V.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

That's cool! Especially if it came from Tenoch. And I'm happy for that take on MCU Namor's biracial status.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    nice! they flipped his origin story around with the sailor Leonard Mackenzie turned to a traveller and the serum Princess Fen drank is now the Vibranium cocktail.
    Didn't realize, that but yes!

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    the script is so good, filled in the blanks i wish the movie did.

IMO they barely stuck the landing at the end, Shuri should have been given more reason to relate to Talokan.
    I only had time to scan the Namor parts, but I found it very interesting and happy with what more we got. Like the name his mother gave him!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

My Mcu Namor pin came in! I'm so happy I managed to snag one of these!

Congrats! Looks awesome!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Speaking for myself, I am glad there was no Shuri / Namor romance. I think they've changed things enough as it is. I am getting cranky I guess but I don't like it when they stray that far away from the comics. Sort of dreading what they may do with Doom when he finally shows up in the MCU.
    Still haven't seen BP but getting closer, tee-hee.

So, it's me and I obviously think they didn't want Shuri because they will probably have this somewhere else, and yeah, it could be Sue/analog once the FF are coming.

We don't want Namor to kiss and tell (not tell) too much, right. This would be the impression that he is a lothario and it wouldn't work to me.

Of course,

they could be saving this romance for that other blond, Emma Frost?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I definitely feel the 1994 F4 movie was the closet to Doom in a very theatrical way, but I agree that he hasn't been done perfectly or close to it yet in the movies. I sorta wish we had gotten a glimpse of Doom and Namor in BP: WF, bc they lifted a lot from Doomwar for this movie.
    A part of me wonders if it is because of the more casual movie goer (or ancient one like me) who would say

They're ripping off Darth Vader, which of course would be A$$ backwards.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Speaking of Jae Lee and his Namor, this cover from Fantastic Four 1234 #3 he uses a bit different style, which works better IMO.

Speaking of Jae Lee and his Namor, this cover from Fantastic Four 1234 #3 he uses a bit different style, which works better IMO.
    Yes, I loved Jae Lee's art from that series. I think of it as the same style as the Inhumans book. Gorgeous!