Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Going to have to do some thinking.

Yes. But I think they're busy right now with Namor Week. Of course if they want to do one later, that's cool too.

Okay, for reference, I counted the 'panels' of Who Is Namor Infinity Comic, which was like a super condensed Saga of Subby oneshot that was written by Ralph Macchio. It had 25 "panels" stacked on top of each other / fading into each other.

I also know that pitches / short stories, like no more than 8 comic pages, are ideal.

I'd love to even just hear some of your own headcanon ideas, you don't share that type of thing much. Whereas I'm always like "HERE'S WHAT I THINK!" lol

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'd love to even just hear some of your own headcanon ideas, you don't share that type of thing much. Whereas I'm always like "HERE'S WHAT I THINK!" lol
    LOL! Poor Doombot. But we love hearing what you think. I'm still playing around with some ideas for the Infinity Comics script.

As far as my own head canon, I think I've mentioned most of them, scattered over the threads, but here's a few off the top of my head:

Namor and the Atlanteans have echolocation, lateral lines, and some sort of bio-electric abilities.

Fraction's retcon about Fen, McKenzie, and Nemo should be eradicated.

Nothing in the Golden Age actually occurred in continuity, unless it shows up in modern continuity, i.e. starting with the Silver Age.

Attuma is not an Atlantean.

Namor is a tech genius.

Namor doesn't like politics, but can play with the best.

Namor didn't flood the entire planet in the 40s.

First Line never occurred.

Namor's pre-Silver Age amnesia is on the sliding timescale and therefore not longer than a year.

Namor is long over Sue.

Namor doesn't have a blood imbalance.

Namor isn't shooting blanks.

Vashti is alive.

Kamar isn't really Namor's son.

I've no idea what the deal is with Wave, but I think she should be dealing with Lemuria.

Namor has and uses tech to counter water deprivation.

Everything in Jason Aaron's run involving Namor is an AU or should be eradicated.

Problems that need to be fixed.

Betty Dean's age

Namora, Namorita, Marinna, Loa, Black Bolt, Llyra

Atlantis

Tech

Magic

Supporting cast

Lemuria
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

LOL! Poor Doombot. But we love hearing what you think. I'm still playing around with some ideas for the Infinity Comics script.

As far as my own head canon, I think I've mentioned most of them, scattered over the threads, but here's a few off the top of my head:

Namor and the Atlanteans have echolocation, lateral lines, and some sort of bio-electric abilities.

Fraction's retcon about Fen, McKenzie, and Nemo should be eradicated.

Nothing in the Golden Age actually occurred in continuity, unless it shows up in modern continuity, i.e. starting with the Silver Age.

Attuma is not an Atlantean.

Namor is a tech genius.

Namor doesn't like politics, but can play with the best.

Namor didn't flood the entire planet in the 40s.

First Line never occurred.

Namor's pre-Silver Age amnesia is on the sliding timescale and therefore not longer than a year.

Namor is long over Sue.

Namor doesn't have a blood imbalance.

Namor isn't shooting blanks.

Vashti is alive.

Kamar isn't really Namor's son.

I've no idea what the deal is with Wave, but I think she should be dealing with Lemuria.

Namor has and uses tech to counter water deprivation.

Everything in Jason Aaron's run involving Namor is an AU or should be eradicated.

Problems that need to be fixed.

Betty Dean's age

Namora, Namorita, Marinna, Loa, Black Bolt, Llyra

Atlantis

Tech

Magic

Supporting cast

Lemuria
    Oooooh, interesting!

What's First Line?

Hasn't Vashti died a few times?

Can you explain your "Problems" list?

Oooooh, interesting!

What's First Line?

Hasn't Vashti died a few times?

Can you explain your "Problems" list?
    I'm sorry, I should have said, the whole Lost Generation series, which featured First Line.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/First_Line_(Earth-616)

It was a retcon by John Byrne (him again!!!) and Roger Stern trying to fill in the era after the 40s and then treating the 60s - 80s like they needed to be filled in. It was very confusing, as it involved time travel and alternate universes, and they published the comics backwards. Like the first issue was actually numbered #12. Namor part was him having amnesia and serving Yellow Claw.

I don't think Vashti has died before. There was some question about the Hulk Sub-Mariner 1998 Annual, but I don't think we saw him actually die.

My Problems List is mostly things that need to be expanded on or some consistent groundwork laid.

Since Betty Dean's birthday is fixed by her participation in WWII, her age just isn't supported by the sliding timeline, much like Peggy Carter. When she was reintroduced in the Silver Age she would have been around 50? With the sliding timeline, she would now have to be 90?. How is a 90 year old woman supposed to be the guardian of Nita? Or do anything she did in her reintroduction to the MU? She dies throwing herself between a blaster shot and Namor in SVTU. At this rate, she won't be physically able to do that, and she'll have simply have accidentally fallen in the way. smh

The people are characters that are in limbo, or whose relationships with Namor and Atlantis isn't defined, or are not being used at all. Llyra needs to be return to being a viable rogue for Namor instead of some sort magical artifact / abstract. The whole betrayal of Black Bolt needs to be explained and fixed. Namor has pretty consistently had a friendly relationship with the BB and the Inhumans.

Revive or establish Namor's supporting cast. We don't need completely new, practically nameless council members and warlords etc.

Lemuria is the second power under the ocean. Why is it completely a mess? We don't even know who is ruling it.

Also forgot for my Head Canon:

Eradicate Neal Adams' First X-Men.

Ignore parts of Zdarsky's Invaders, mostly the crap with Xavier.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-07-2023 at 12:50 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

From Kieron Gillen and Alessandro Vitti Immoral X-Men 3.

1000 years in the future Namor and Emma are still dancing … sort of. It’s a Sinister Clone of Namor and a Sinister Clone of Emma. Sinister Sinister Emma is Empress of the Red Diamond. Namor is the Imperator of the Drowned Worlds and Sire of the Knight Consorts. Not sure if that means sired the knights or is lord of the knights … or both. And this looks like a 7th clone of Sinister Namor?

I don’t know what is exactly going on here, as I’m very much behind on my X-Men books.

Okay this stuff is interesting. I want to play.

I agree with your ideas about the Golden Age. For the most part, the Golden Age is too silly or wacky to have happened in canon. I agree that unless evens are referenced or shown in stories after the start of the Silver age, they didn't happen. I've always liked the idea that the Golden Age comic exist IN the MU and are zany stories that were loosely based on real events of real people like Cap & Namor.

I also agree that Namor is or should be much more of a thinker than he's shown to be. We know he's someone who is a creative, an artist who sculpts etc, and I would see him as someone like one of the Renaissance masters, he very much enjoys art, engineering, architecture, technology and creating things in general. Unlike men like Stark or Reed, Namor does not get to indulge in these interests as his main focus is being a monarch, which has been an endless line of disasters and drama.

Namor and the Atlanteans should NOT have gills or lateral lines, as they are not fish nor are they descendants of fish. If you want to add aquatic adaptations to the Atlanteans so they seem as if they evolved to life in the sea, rather than just people who breath water, it's better to look at the many adaptations of marine mammals. Not fish. Echolocation is a good example. As are things like blood rheology, like the amount of blood oxygenation in the systems of the body, which allows marine mammals to make those great deep dives in crushing depths.

Attuma was born to one of the nomadic tribes, not Atlanteans. He's a genetic freak, born to a slave woman and had to battle for power and dominance his entire life.

The amnesia was for no more then a year. There are untold stories to be explored in the years between the end of the War and whenever Johnny Storm finds Namor in NYC.

I agree again, Namor has no blood imbalance, he's not some bipolar or schizophrenic, nor is he infertile. To me, as he ages, his powers increase or continue to develop. His strength and speed grow as his susceptibility to water deprivation decreases. He also has low level telepathy or is an empath. Which also has the ability to develop, if Namor ever chooses focus on or train.

Kamar is not his child, but Marrina's children were his. (and two of them are still out there, mwuhaha)

Thakorr is dead. He died in Atlantis and he was not made into a ridiculous, badly designed, vampire king. If that story must exist, they were simply lying to anger Namor. Ancient aquatic vampires is not a horrible idea, but no Thakorr, no Dracula. Just no.

Dorma is dead. As much as we all love her, she's dead. Her death also gave us a great villain. In making new Namor stories, he needs to be allowed to move on, no digging up more dead loved ones ffs. *cough*Thakorr*cough*Fen*Marrina*cough*Namora*coug h*

If Vashti is dead, he isn't really. Killing and/or bringing back dead established characters for dramatic effect is so tiresome. Vashti needs to be left alone as the constant representative of the people to Namor, his conscience when ruling.

Namor needs an established ruling supporting cast, Vashti among them. Nameless councils and priests don't help anything. Part of this is that you need an established understanding of how Atlantean government works. Right off the bat I'd create a permanent Imperial Palace, that doesn't change with every artist, (like Avengers mansion or the Baxter Building) and it has an also permanent palace guard, with a Palace Captain that is known as the leader. I'd also create a "City Commander" with the role of protection and defence of the city. Andromeda may be a good fit for one of these roles. I'd also revisit the idea of a "Peacelord" which Namor bestowed upon Andromeda in the 90's run. What exactly is a Warlord and what exactly is a Peacelord? Are Warlords like regional governors? Or are they just literal military generals? The former is more interesting.

Unlike our world, Atlantis sees no separation between science, magic and religion. The centres of learnings in Atlantean society are all called "temples". Even in the 60's run there are brief showings of the "Temple of Science" which I always found super interesting. Their great universities are all temples. Education is deeply mixed with magic and worship. The "Temple of Sciences", "Temple of Histories", "Temples of Lore & Mysteries", "Temple of Alchemies", "Temple of Engineering", "Temple of Sorcery", "Temple of Warfare" etc etc

Whatever happened to Lemuria after Attuma, Llyra is involved. I'd actually have her as their current monarch in another form, or working to take the throne as an advisor role, like Vashti. Eventually I would give Lemuria to Llyra and have her be a nightmare to Namor and Atlantis as a powerful rival monarch with a kingdom at her disposal that has never kneeled to Atlantis.

I would set in motion storylines that bring about the return of both Suma-Ket and Naga.

With a more strongly established Atlantis, and the revelation that Namor's abilities continue to develop, like diminished water dependancy, greater speed and strength and being fertile, the elites begin to push for Namor to take a wife (or wives) and give the empire an heir.

Namor really needs to have an environmental slant. He always has in a way, but the threats that face the ocean from human exploitation and pollution simply cannot be overstated. I know there has always been a segment of readers who hear this stuff and roll their eyes. Feeling "environmental" stories are like some "agenda" leaning type storytelling, like having comic book characters "say no to drugs" etc, but you really can't have an ocean based hero and not have these issues be faced. This also brings up the reality of Namor facing off against countries and peoples who are not Western. People are very comfortable making Western countries and Western people (Europeans) into villains, but the reality is the overwhelming majority of all waste and garbage being dumped into the ocean is from Asia. The Philippines, Indonesia, China and India, and so on. Many of the same countries are the same leaders in overfishing and exploitation. Namor would have to face these nations and peoples imo, and whatever his actions would be, those nations would undoubtedly not respond well. I could easily see China lab-creating a super-powered being to counter Namor. That being said, and coming back to the idea of Namor making people uncomfortable, we all know everyone is fine with Namor hating the majority white SHIELD, Avengers, the USA etc, but what happens when you make him face parts of the world that are not that? It would certainly expand the MU with new characters, both allies and enemies, in under-explored parts of the world.

Most of the weird, silly or bad storylines and retcons over the years would simply be best ignored imo.
    Last edited by Doombot; 04-07-2023 at 07:15 PM.

From Kieron Gillen and Alessandro Vitti Immoral X-Men 3.

1000 years in the future Namor and Emma are still dancing … sort of. It’s a Sinister Clone of Namor and a Sinister Clone of Emma. Sinister Sinister Emma is Empress of the Red Diamond. Namor is the Imperator of the Drowned Worlds and Sire of the Knight Consorts. Not sure if that means sired the knights or is lord of the knights … or both. And this looks like a 7th clone of Sinister Namor?

I don’t know what is exactly going on here, as I’m very much behind on my X-Men books.
    Oy vey. Speaking about ignoring stories...

Oy vey. Speaking about ignoring stories...
    It's definitely AU, and not really Namor. I mean, everyone here is a Sinister clone of some sort.

Okay this stuff is interesting. I want to play.

I agree with your ideas about the Golden Age. For the most part, the Golden Age is too silly or wacky to have happened in canon. I agree that unless evens are referenced or shown in stories after the start of the Silver age, they didn't happen. I've always liked the idea that the Golden Age comic exist IN the MU and are zany stories that were loosely based on real events of real people like Cap & Namor.
    This was the printed policy during the Invaders, from Roy Thomas. And since FF4 with Namor's return, we've seen plenty of writers show the characters reading those zany comics.

I also agree that Namor is or should be much more of a thinker than he's shown to be. We know he's someone who is a creative, an artist who sculpts etc, and I would see him as someone like one of the Renaissance masters, he very much enjoys art, engineering, architecture, technology and creating things in general. Unlike men like Stark or Reed, Namor does not get to indulge in these interests as his main focus is being a monarch, which has been an endless line of disasters and drama.
    That's a good point about his royal duties / traditions interfering with any other interests. But I would also add ACTOR!!! I love when Namor plays into people's perception of him, to get what he wants, like both times he saved Reed and Sue's marriage. We definitely saw Namor as something of an Atlantean Tony Stark, long before Tony Stark was created, making or improving Atlantean tech and warship, not to mention the Blitz Buggy! And this carried through in his introduction in the Silver Age, even up to the Bronze Age. You had Magneto admiring Namor's lab in FF 103, IIRC. Stark was pointing out Namor's innate ability to understand his tech. I even remember one time in the Avengers, IIRC, Namor was given the task to repair the communications.

Namor and the Atlanteans should NOT have gills or lateral lines, as they are not fish nor are they descendants of fish. If you want to add aquatic adaptations to the Atlanteans so they seem as if they evolved to life in the sea, rather than just people who breath water, it's better to look at the many adaptations of marine mammals. Not fish. Echolocation is a good example. As are things like blood rheology, like the amount of blood oxygenation in the systems of the body, which allows marine mammals to make those great deep dives in crushing depths.
    I purposefully left off gills. I'm fine with it being an mammalian aquatic adaptation. I like all the things that the lateral line does, but I'm not sure what would be the corresponding mammal organ.... okay, a quick wiki dive, and it turns out it's called Electroreception (and electrogenesis) and it's an ancient evolution of vertebrates that had died out and reappeared several times, including in mammals. Monotremes like the platypus and ant eater as well as dolphins still have a form of it! Regardless, I think animals that aren't trapped to the ground (like birds and aquatic animals), that have to deal with knowing where they are spatially.

I'd forgotten about blood rheology! That alone explains why the blood imbalance theory is nonsense. You don't see moody whales.

Attuma was born to one of the nomadic tribes, not Atlanteans. He's a genetic freak, born to a slave woman and had to battle for power and dominance his entire life.

The amnesia was for no more then a year. There are untold stories to be explored in the years between the end of the War and whenever Johnny Storm finds Namor in NYC.

I agree again, Namor has no blood imbalance, he's not some bipolar or schizophrenic, nor is he infertile. To me, as he ages, his powers increase or continue to develop. His strength and speed grow as his susceptibility to water deprivation decreases. He also has low level telepathy or is an empath. Which also has the ability to develop, if Namor ever chooses focus on or train.
    Anyone that thinks Namor has a chemical imbalance moodswing, should read Lady Dorma, Warlord Krang, and the rest of the Atlanteans. They are all mercurial. Vashti is the only one that seems to have a consistent mood of ... long suffering. LOL!

I do like the idea that Namor's abilities could be growing. I'd forgotten the telepathy / empathy he's demonstrated over the decades. I think those could be Atlantean traits though. Though I was trying to add his resistance to mental attacks. He's usually the first to detect illusions or mental attacks.

What do you think of the abilities that Stuart Moore assigned to Atlantean royalty? I don't think they were innate Namor powers. Like being the conduit of all Atlantean logos / magic. And releasing souls? And returning to the idea of royal Atlantean blood has magical properties? It does play into the old beliefs of the powers of divine kings. I think it is something cool to play with.

Kamar is not his child, but Marrina's children were his. (and two of them are still out there, mwuhaha)
    Ha! Absolutely not! Those were pure Plodex. Oooh. Now that would be an interesting way to reunite Namor and Marrina! They have to deal with her kids!!!

Thakorr is dead. He died in Atlantis and he was not made into a ridiculous, badly designed, vampire king. If that story must exist, they were simply lying to anger Namor. Ancient aquatic vampires is not a horrible idea, but no Thakorr, no Dracula. Just no.

Dorma is dead. As much as we all love her, she's dead. Her death also gave us a great villain. In making new Namor stories, he needs to be allowed to move on, no digging up more dead loved ones ffs. *cough*Thakorr*cough*Fen*Marrina*cough*Namora*coug h*
    Wut?!?! Nooooooo! They keep killing off Namor's love interests. Though a few have survived, but moved on like Tamara and Abira and Cassie Alexander -- and I guess Marrina.

It's interesting how many Atlanteans "die" but are actually in some sort of suspended animation. Like Fen, Namora, and maybe Tha-Korr?

If Vashti is dead, he isn't really. Killing and/or bringing back dead established characters for dramatic effect is so tiresome. Vashti needs to be left alone as the constant representative of the people to Namor, his conscience when ruling.

Namor needs an established ruling supporting cast, Vashti among them. Nameless councils and priests don't help anything. Part of this is that you need an established understanding of how Atlantean government works. Right off the bat I'd create a permanent Imperial Palace, that doesn't change with every artist, (like Avengers mansion or the Baxter Building) and it has an also permanent palace guard, with a Palace Captain that is known as the leader. I'd also create a "City Commander" with the role of protection and defence of the city. Andromeda may be a good fit for one of these roles. I'd also revisit the idea of a "Peacelord" which Namor bestowed upon Andromeda in the 90's run. What exactly is a Warlord and what exactly is a Peacelord? Are Warlords like regional governors? Or are they just literal military generals? The former is more interesting.
    I agree. Maybe Vashti's absence could be explained as having 'retired' but he obviously comes back when Namor calls. Because you are right. Vashti has always been the voice of reason and of the people, cause he's not a noble. He's a kelp farmer. He should start saying that more, like Dr. McCoy.

They've talked about a Praetorian guard in the Civil Wolverine book, which I think is an unfortunate name. I think Nara's parents were also imperial guards... who somehow became assassins. I'm kind of wondering WHY, which inspires alot of ideas. I think Peacelord was a Namor idea. Obviously it never took off. LOL! But yes, I've always thought the Warlords were basically like military leaders ... like Napoleons marshalls, or maybe the Joint Chiefs at the Pentagon.

Having Warlords being regional governors ... that's an interesting take on Atlantean governance. Maybe my American bias, and 60s & 70s view of Namor and the Atlanteans, but I always saw them as less ... tyrannical.

I do think they should do some OHotMU kind of maps and buildings / cutouts for Atlantis. And I like your ideas for the various guards. This all definitely falls under my Problem That Need to be Addressed list for Atlantis.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-09-2023 at 06:42 PM.

This is a first con, allegedly to be held next year. I'm somewhat dubious, given how the website is still under construction and the only info they have up is the guests. However, they aren't asking for money yet, so...

Regardless. It's cool to see even young MCU Namor making appearances.

Headcanons continued...

Unlike our world, Atlantis sees no separation between science, magic and religion. The centres of learnings in Atlantean society are all called "temples". Even in the 60's run there are brief showings of the "Temple of Science" which I always found super interesting. Their great universities are all temples. Education is deeply mixed with magic and worship. The "Temple of Sciences", "Temple of Histories", "Temples of Lore & Mysteries", "Temple of Alchemies", "Temple of Engineering", "Temple of Sorcery", "Temple of Warfare" etc etc
    I agree. I think we've seen elements of this. I'd also argue that it's partly the combination of science and magic that makes it difficult, if not impossible, to reproduce Atlantean tech on the surface. It reminds me of this cartoon, where miracle = Atlantean magic. Add to that, what Stuart Moore has said, that ALL Atlantean magic comes through the ruler, i.e. Namor.

Whatever happened to Lemuria after Attuma, Llyra is involved. I'd actually have her as their current monarch in another form, or working to take the throne as an advisor role, like Vashti. Eventually I would give Lemuria to Llyra and have her be a nightmare to Namor and Atlantis as a powerful rival monarch with a kingdom at her disposal that has never kneeled to Atlantis.
    The only place that is worse than Atlantis as far as a consistent background and organization is Lemuria. You could do a whole arc about the Naga worshippers returning Llyra to her human form and taking over Lemuria. Or thread it through as a C-plot on a Namor ongoing. Or maybe the C-plot would be teh rebels trying to get the word out to find Atlantean allies. Where ever they go, I absolutely don't want them to go to the Deviant Lemurians. Another head canon of mine. STAY AWAY from the Eternals!

I would set in motion storylines that bring about the return of both Suma-Ket and Naga.
    Not just yes, but a HELL YEAH!

With a more strongly established Atlantis, and the revelation that Namor's abilities continue to develop, like diminished water dependancy, greater speed and strength and being fertile, the elites begin to push for Namor to take a wife (or wives) and give the empire an heir.
    Something I've been advocating for forever! In fact, it's sort of the plot of one of my story ideas, and it opens with Namor having had enough of the councils badgering him about it. Reading your take, however, I'm wondering, are there some generally accepted conditions where it's time to produce an heir? Even today, in some places, its expected that men wait to marry until they are financially established. And historically, on the surface, you wanted heirs fairly early, because life expectancy was so much lower and royals had all these plots and invasions. Perhaps it was part of Atlantean politics, where a faction didn't want an heir from a half air breather, but were hoping Byrrah or another royal house would produce fully Atlantean heirs. It would explain some things.

At one time, I played around with the idea that the Atlanteans have far more biological control over their reproduction than air breathers. But wasn't sure if that was a good idea as far as stories.

Polygamy. Hmmmm. I don't see Lady Dorma going for that.

Namor really needs to have an environmental slant. He always has in a way, but the threats that face the ocean from human exploitation and pollution simply cannot be overstated. I know there has always been a segment of readers who hear this stuff and roll their eyes. Feeling "environmental" stories are like some "agenda" leaning type storytelling, like having comic book characters "say no to drugs" etc, but you really can't have an ocean based hero and not have these issues be faced. This also brings up the reality of Namor facing off against countries and peoples who are not Western. People are very comfortable making Western countries and Western people (Europeans) into villains, but the reality is the overwhelming majority of all waste and garbage being dumped into the ocean is from Asia. The Philippines, Indonesia, China and India, and so on. Many of the same countries are the same leaders in overfishing and exploitation. Namor would have to face these nations and peoples imo, and whatever his actions would be, those nations would undoubtedly not respond well. I could easily see China lab-creating a super-powered being to counter Namor. That being said, and coming back to the idea of Namor making people uncomfortable, we all know everyone is fine with Namor hating the majority white SHIELD, Avengers, the USA etc, but what happens when you make him face parts of the world that are not that? It would certainly expand the MU with new characters, both allies and enemies, in under-explored parts of the world.
    Anyone that thinks Namor shouldn't have an environmental slant should be immediately be sentenced to a week long cruise in the Great Pacific Garbage Gyre. Or a week on an oil rig. Or have to work on an oil spill clean up crew. Or immediately be moved to a house near a chemical plant.

I've often thought that Namor should look for alliances with other countries, given how crappy the US relations are with Atlantis. I was thinking of China, and how alarming the US would find that, but like you said, he'd just have too much conflict with their complete disregard for the environment. Not sure about the Japanese, but they are better, except their whaling and dolphin killing and I'm not sure what their environmental fallout is on all that packaging. I think what would probably happen, and is a good idea, that they create or use a fictional country. There's a lot that could be done with that.

Again, I'd LOVE to see Namor and the Atlanteans create solutions to the ocean pollution and just implement them without regard to the surface world, since that's basically what the surface does. I mean, if they manufactured a plastic and / or oil eating bacteria, and turned it loose? Can you imagine how much damage that would inflict on the surface world??? It would also have an effect on the over fishing. Instead of flooding the surface world, they should sweep up Great Pacific Garbage Gyre and roll it up on the beaches and as far inland as they can. And honestly. Are you going to have the Avengers fighting the Atlanteans over THAT? And there's things they could do about global warming, but again, it would have negative effects on the surface.

Honestly, Marvel's geniuses and superheroes look pretty awful, that they are doing NOTHING about these things at all.

I had a thought from the movie. We tend to talk about riding sea animals, like they are domesticated, but from the movie, I wondered if the 'use' of whales was actually an alliance? That the Talokan / Atlanteans treat and understand the intelligence of the cetaceans?

Most of the weird, silly or bad storylines and retcons over the years would simply be best ignored imo.
    I think this generally happens. Fan fiction can dwell on continuity errors / head canon, but I don't think that necessarily makes for good comic stories.

An Eric Canete sketch cover. Like Namora, I can always tell an old school fan, cause they often use Namor, the Sub-Mariner.

PRINCE OF THE DEEP - SUB-MARINER

I can still remember the theme song to the vintage animated series; they used drawings taken directly from the comics. GEORGOUS art with limited animation. My nostalgia runs deep!

https://www.ericcanete.com/post/namor-the-submariner
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-11-2023 at 09:03 PM.

Anyone recognize this panel? Like, where it came from?

An Eric Canete sketch cover. Like Namora, I can always tell an old school fan, cause they often use call Namor, the Sub-Mariner.

https://www.ericcanete.com/post/namor-the-submariner
    A blade too, very old school indeed.

I came back to see your responses and was like, who the hell is this quoting my post? I took me a few seconds to figure out it was you. No green scaled face undies.

Hi everyone, just dropping by.
    You have fascinating conversations. I lurk a lot but haven't cared to comment.

Take care!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all