Page 120 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1959
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It does kind of make me wonder if they'll be able to keep his power level consistent outside his own book or when another writer takes over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah that’s the main concern for all these characters
    That's the thing, writers have already forgotten his electro-webs.

It's like he never even had them.

That would a unique weapon in his arsenal too. The only other spider to have those is Julia Carpenter, but she hasn't used her Spider-Woman powers since she became Madame Web.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That's the thing, writers have already forgotten his electro-webs.

It's like he never even had them.
    To be fair the webs were introduced at the very end of Bendis' run so he only got to use them twice. The sword was introduced early, is used fairly often, appears on covers frequently, has even even been used in other books, and I'd even say there's a decent chance it appears in the game; so I feel the saber has a higher chance of staying around.

Niffleheim

More mentors? Can't a guy just succeed on his own like he has for most of his comic career?
    I prefer teamups than mentorship. saladin writing miles and rhino working together is still a highlight in my book I still remember the sad story about rhino working as a santa and his girl loving him in a santa suit but hulk had to ruin it for the man.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a menís world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.Ē - Denise Gough

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I prefer teamups than mentorship. saladin writing miles and rhino working together is still a highlight in my book I still remember the sad story about rhino working as a santa and his girl loving him in a santa suit but hulk had to ruin it for the man.
    Oh, definitely. The Miles and Rhino team-up is still a highlight for me, too, since despite his ostracism as a criminal from his deceased wife's family, he still did his best to look out for them. Even in Devil's Reign where he was one of Wilson Fisk's deputized Thunderbolts, his friendship with Miles (along with his general sense of "I may be a criminal thug, but I'm not a heartless sociopath") was strong and solid enough that he gave Miles and his fellow Champions a warning about what Fisk's endgame was.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Spider X Family:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Spider X Family:

Ha, yeah. The good stuff.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Spider X Family:

I get it's because of Spider-Verse but it feels weird using Mayday with two people who aren't her parents when you could easily use Peter and MJ here.

Or maybe I just want to see MJ as Yor. Not sure if that fits this version of Gwen .

I get it's because of Spider-Verse but it feels weird using Mayday with two people who aren't her parents when you could easily use Peter and MJ here.

Or maybe I just want to see MJ as Yor. Not sure if that fits this version of Gwen .
    then it not really a reference to spy x family just characters cosplaying the forgers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    then it not really a reference to spy x family just characters cosplaying the forgers
    I get it, and they look good, just a weird dynamic .

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Miguel Mercado variant for Amazing Spider-Man #41

Cute. Don't know why they aren't using this for either Miles or Gwen's books, though.
    It's crazy that miles has more official variant covers with a woman he had one arc with then his actually girlfriend, the power of multi media influence. Also speaking of miles and spider women, I find it so weird how he's never had any meaningful crossovers/interactions with anya corazon in the comics even though they both has spider powers and operate in the same area. Then again marvel would have to remember anya for that to happen lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    It's crazy that miles has more official variant covers with a woman he had one arc with then his actually girlfriend, the power of multi media influence. Also speaking of miles and spider women, I find it so weird how he's never had any meaningful crossovers/interactions with anya corazon in the comics even though they both has spider powers and operate in the same area. Then again marvel would have to remember anya for that to happen lol
    It helps that 1: ppl love Spider-Gwen in spite of Miles, and everybody loves a power-couple so it stands to reason it would be a popular pairing regardless and 2: Agree with the meta implications of pairing Miles and Gwen-65 or not, their relationship in the movies has been way better developed than any of his pairings since coming to the 616.

Many pundits here resent MilesXGwen for a number of reasons, but i believe it's pretty universal that in the movies, which will always eclipse the microcosm that are comics today, their pairing is very well recieved and beloved. So it makes sense that variant comics would bring that casual appeal without having to account for continuity or current status quos. It's like post-OMD Peter had loads of MJ lovey dovey covers even at the point where they were most aggressively moving away from MJ as a love interest.

Miles and Anya kind of had a thing in the 2017 cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    It helps that 1: ppl love Spider-Gwen in spite of Miles, and everybody loves a power-couple so it stands to reason it would be a popular pairing regardless and 2: Agree with the meta implications of pairing Miles and Gwen-65 or not, their relationship in the movies has been way better developed than any of his pairings since coming to the 616.

Many pundits here resent MilesXGwen for a number of reasons, but i believe it's pretty universal that in the movies, which will always eclipse the microcosm that are comics today, their pairing is very well recieved and beloved. So it makes sense that variant comics would bring that casual appeal without having to account for continuity or current status quos. It's like post-OMD Peter had loads of MJ lovey dovey covers even at the point where they were most aggressively moving away from MJ as a love interest.
    I honestly don't think anyone really takes Tiana seriously as a love interest, not that I blame them. I even mentioned it earlier in the thread but two upcoming variants have Tiana listed amongst his enemies and they've never even had a serious altercation even before they started dating.
    Miles and Anya kind of had a thing in the 2017 cartoon.
    And like most things in that show it didn't amount to much.

Also what's up with Anya these days? I remember them saying they had a new status quo for her during End of Spider-Verse, but the only thing I remember happening was a team up novel with her and Miguel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I honestly don't think anyone really takes Tiana seriously as a love interest, not that I blame them. I even mentioned it earlier in the thread but two upcoming variants have Tiana listed amongst his enemies and they've never even had a serious altercation even before they started dating.
    Well, she's more serious than Barbara was at any rate.
    And like most things in that show it didn't amount to much.

Also what's up with Anya these days? I remember them saying they had a new status quo for her during End of Spider-Verse, but the only thing I remember happening was a team up novel with her and Miguel.
    She's probably prowling the multiverse, I guess? She did get her own story on Marvel Unlimited.