Page 60 of 131 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    spoilers:
    Isn't Ultimatum technically that? Although he was a bit older like the rest of 616. More of a right hand man/ enforcer for Kingpin that Miles - 42's full on super villainy
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Honestly the only instance of Ultimatum being reflective of 616 Miles was Kingpin being his "Ganke."
    end of spoilers

That's a sick cross counter.

yeah can't wait for that fight next year going to be good
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Can't wait to see live action Miles. After his film is doing so well at the boxoffice and likely to win another oscar we will be getting live Miles fast.

I thought this was going to be a Barbie meme.
    Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    Can't wait to see live action Miles. After his film is doing so well at the boxoffice and likely to win another oscar we will be getting live Miles fast.
    Kind of curious how they'd play it differently than MCU Peter and ITSV.

Since they basically gave Ganke in all but name to peter, i like the idea of making mcu Harry Osborn into Miles best friend instead. Maybe have Prowler work for the Osborns or something.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 06-05-2023 at 07:53 PM.

Realistic question.

Will Miles Morales have more cultural relevance over the next 40 years, than Peter Parker did in the last 40 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Realistic question.

Will Miles Morales have more cultural relevance over the next 40 years, than Peter Parker did in the last 40 years?
    This is an interesting question/thought experiment. I know my boys (8 and 5) think of Miles Morales as Spider-Man and Peter Parker as the other Spider-Man. I think there's a chance. Ultimately I just hope Miles Morales continues to be treated with care and nuance because he's really come into his own the past decade.

Fantastic Member

Realistic question.

Good question. Since this is Miles' big breakout moment ,and Pete has been pretty bullied in the comics and major animated series, i can see the argument for predicting Miles overtaking him even if for a little while in the cultural discourse, especially if we get that hoped spiderverse series after the movies conclude.

But i'd still bet that Peter is just a good moment away from coming back in full swing, no pun intended. The original Spider-Man concept still has too much legacy behind it. MJ, JJJ, Eddie Brock, the Osbornes etc. They're all tied to Peter and have been part of some of the the best and most iconic stories ever told in super-hero comics. Miles' main weakness in my opinion is his supporting cast still being too brittle and inconstant in the comics. The movies do a great job with that, but we still don't have those Miles-exclusive arcs that stand the test of time, which i think is a matter of time until we do.

IF we can get some truly iconic Miles-exclusive characters and stories i think Miles can be a worldwide household name and even the prefered SM for the forseeable future, but if im being honest, Pete will always be the OG dearest spider-man to most IMO, and that's ok.

On a similar but a bit unrelated note, this got me thinking how many here rag on Spider-Gwen being a part of Miles' canon because it cheapens her as a character to be an aid to another spider-man's story, but i look at it diferently... I see them being part of eachother's stories as a way to strengthen both character's brands, give them more meaningful relationships and exposure, kind of like Green Arrow and Green Lantern back in the day.

It's not about making one the sidekick or accessory to the other, i'd be against that as well, but boosting one another to the point both can support their own individual books(or a second one in Miles' case), not do the Kamala thing Wells did. Just look at how ATSV basically had a whole Gwen arc, that seems like a good way to get her solo book up and running again.

Incredible Member

I wonder how old MCU Miles is? Granted, I’m the Ultimate Comics line, there was only like a three-four year difference right? And in the 616 and Insomniac games there is like what? A decade between them?

That said, if MCU Miles didn’t get snapped away by Thanos, that would make Miles at least closer to the same age as MCU Peter.

IF we can get some truly iconic Miles-exclusive characters and stories i think Miles can be a worldwide household name and even the prefered SM for the forseeable future, but if im being honest, Pete will always be the OG dearest spider-man to most IMO, and that's ok
    My OG Spider-Man is Ben Reilly to be honest. When I started reading the comics Ben was Spider-Man and I spent so much time collecting his back and current issues, to me, Peter will always be the fake, lol.
    Last edited by Blanks; 06-06-2023 at 08:01 AM.

Realistic question.

I think that would probably rely on Peter being used less and less over the next 40 years.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    My OG Spider-Man is Ben Reilly to be honest. When I started reading the comics Ben was Spider-Msn and I spent so much time collecting his back and current issues, to me, Peter will always be the fake, lol.
    Peter was the clone all along!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Peter was the clone all along!
    You don’t know how bad I want a story where Ben and Miles really team up and bond. The young man, otta time and his own world, and the clone. I think they could have a better dynamic than Peter and Miles (not including the Peter and Miles dynamic from Into the Spider-verse. That is gold).