Page 72 of 131 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. Has Tony been a big part of this event?
    Tony's tech has been pretty important, since it's what's currently powering Cletus and he goes to Stark Unlimited to steal more. But, Tony doesn't actually show up until the end of Carnage #14.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. Has Tony been a big part of this event?
    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Tony's tech has been pretty important, since it's what's currently powering Cletus and he goes to Stark Unlimited to steal more. But, Tony doesn't actually show up until the end of Carnage #14.
    And as of the latest installment, Tony himself saves the day with a new armor designed specifically to deal with Kasady in the Extrembiote, even nicknamed Dragonslayer (given that the Extrembiote is the product of one of Knull's symbiote dragons from King in Black rewired by Extremis and fused to an Iron Man armor), as well as bonding Miles with a healing nanocluster that simultaneously armors him up to keep him in the fight after Kasady stabs him in the back.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And as of the latest installment, Tony himself saves the day with a new armor designed specifically to deal with Kasady in the Extrembiote, even nicknamed Dragonslayer (given that the Extrembiote is the product of one of Knull's symbiote dragons from King in Black rewired by Extremis and fused to an Iron Man armor), as well as bonding Miles with a healing nanocluster that simultaneously armors him up to keep him in the fight after Kasady stabs him in the back.
    Thanks for the help. It’s greatly appreciated. I was hoping the writers would put Tony in this event because in the last Carnage event Kletus stole Tony’s extrembiote armor and I figured they would just let him do that and not make Tony try and recapture it. Well I’m very glad to see I was wrong and that Tony is doing what it seems like he’s always trying to do and that’s stop evil people from using his tech for ill gotten gains.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-25-2023 at 01:30 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

The Spider-Friends:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good job he did, or Miles would've shared Kamala's fate. A stab in the back is what killed her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

"I am going to take everything from you...like you took everything from me."

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I noticed that we'll be hitting legacy number #300 in next May next year, if Ziglar's run get continued which it most likely will, and I'm wondering how Marvel will handle the occasion. It's a bit weird to have such a landmark start on three hundred, but Marvel seems devoted to the legacy numbering and Miles' total solo issues have already surpassed 100 issues and they didn't do anything for it.

Really hoping that Cody is still on this title not just next year, but for years to come if possible. I know that we are only 7 issues in, but Cody really knows how to write Miles. My only concern is how will Miles be impacted by Ultimate Invasion.

My only wish for Miles is that they should have been doing a better job introducing more newer villains for him. This Carnage Reigns storyline has been decent, but I feel the book has taken a hit by this crossover and now in the next 2 issues Miles will be up against the Hobgoblin. I'd love for him to get his own rogue's gallery and not be so reliant on Peter's villains so much.

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    Really hoping that Cody is still on this title not just next year, but for years to come if possible. I know that we are only 7 issues in, but Cody really knows how to write Miles. My only concern is how will Miles be impacted by Ultimate Invasion.

My only wish for Miles is that they should have been doing a better job introducing more newer villains for him. This Carnage Reigns storyline has been decent, but I feel the book has taken a hit by this crossover and now in the next 2 issues Miles will be up against the Hobgoblin. I'd love for him to get his own rogue's gallery and not be so reliant on Peter's villains so much.
    Agreed with the last part of your post. I feel that when Miles starts to get some real villains, like ones so well written that they cross over into other hero's books. Miles will finally have cemented position on the top shelf and separated himself from Peter as Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post

I was a bit worried about that as well when I saw Hobgoblin in the solicits for issues 8 and 9 but Ziglar seems to be taking a similar route as Saladin Ahmed did and is drip feeding the readers with introductions of new villains for Miles. After Hobgoblin the next arc will have the new character Hightail as the main villain. So far, off the top of my head, Miles 616 Rogues gallery consists of

Rabble
    Assessor
    Ultimatum
    Frost Pharaoh (gotta have a good joke character in any rogues gallery)
    Ultimate Green Goblin
    Quantum
    Hightail (as of issue 10 of Ziglar’s run)
    Technogolem ( though she is shared with Iron Man & Iron Heart)
    BlackHeart (technically shared as well)
    Bumbler ( another good joke villain, probably took the place of Frost Pharaoh)
    The Snatcher ( honestly thought he was a one off until he appeared again in Saladin’s final issue of his run)

Did I miss any so far?
    Last edited by Grimm911; 06-26-2023 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed with the last part of your post. I feel that when Miles starts to get some real villains, like ones so well written that they cross over into other hero's books. Miles will finally have cemented position on the top shelf and separated himself from Peter as Spider-Man.
    The Assessor and Quantum went up against Iron Man in that Infinity Stone one shot story. That may mark the beginning of what you mentioned with Miles villains crossing over to other books. But we’ll have to wait and see if/when it happens again.

As excited as I am for the upcoming issue, mainly because of Miles' new powers, I think they could have used a different villain besides Hobgoblin. I'm assuming he was picked because he sometimes uses a flame sword and Miles is getting a sword upgrade, but I think they could have made new character that wields a sword for that role.

Tomoe uses a sword too, or tries to, she always got knocked out before she was able to use it.

As excited as I am for the upcoming issue, mainly because of Miles' new powers, I think they could have used a different villain besides Hobgoblin. I'm assuming he was picked because he sometimes uses a flame sword and Miles is getting a sword upgrade, but I think they could have made new character that wields a sword for that role.

Tomoe uses a sword too, or tries to, she always got knocked out before she was able to use it.
    Oh that's a real interesting way to think of why Hobgoblin's the next villain.

Going by that train of thought if Ziglar wants to further explore Mile's new bio-electric construct powers beyond just a sword, then for Hightail maybe something like a net or a barrier? At least something that could slow her down.

Or he could even introduce the comic version of Miles' venom dash like from his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Oh that's a real interesting way to think of why Hobgoblin's the next villain.

Going by that train of thought if Ziglar wants to further explore Mile's new bio-electric construct powers beyond just a sword, then for Hightail maybe something like a net or a barrier? At least something that could slow her down.

Or he could even introduce the comic version of Miles' venom dash like from his game.
    Maybe an evolved version of Miles' Venom Webs? And we saw Miles use an imperfect version of the Venom Dash during Ahmed's run, maybe we could see an improved version of that.