Page 86 of 131 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1959

Miles Morales Spider-Man #9 preview
    https://comic-watch.com/news/exclusi...s-spider-man-9

Whoever it was that said they wanted to see Hobgoblin become a Miles rogue, after seeing this preview, I kinda agree.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 08-03-2023 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

Whoever it was that said they wanted to see Hobgoblin become a Miles rogue, after seeing this preview, I kinda agree.
    Miles finally fights the real Hobgoblin, though Kingsley's also not in his right state of mind.

"Misty's combat training pays off again" - Before this run Miles probably would've just done that naturally.

I never thought before that the electricity the Goblins spew out of their gloves could actually match Miles' Venom Blast.

Yeah, I'm just choosing to ignore most of this Misty stuff lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    I'ts pretty clear to me Miles' rogues gallery has always been one of his stories' greatest weakpoints. I tend to enjoy reading 'about' Miles, but less so reading about his 'conflicts' as a hero, either because they seem too referential to classic Peter adventures or because the villains just aren't that compelling.

Edit: So much so that the rogues gallery discourse always comes back up. When it comes to other status quo preferences i'd love for Miles to have an established group of friends that got to participate in more of his stories, like the crew he had with him last issue, Ganke, Judge, Tiana and that other dude. i'd like them to be around more and actually be relevant to storylines, to help him, be saved by him, to be catalysts for conflicts etc.

I think Tiana has grown exponentially on me since the end of the rabble arc, but i'd rather her be a close friend. Would love to see a big arc vs the Vulture where she plays a big part.

I understand not wanting Ghost-Spider out of 65-U but if someone keeps up the going to college in 616 thing then she SHOULD interact and be friends with Miles, makes no damn sense not to. Id rather have another book just for spiderverse stuff, but i see no harm in having them meet up from time to time.

I'd like more stories to revolve around Brooklyn Visions, i think the dynamic of him feeling displaced in a preppy school is really fun, maybe a teacher can moonlight as villain.
    Kind of like in the prose novel(s) by Jason Reynolds? I could see that, maybe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

they did a punch clash nice
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Thanks. Art looks killer as usual. Just need to see a cross counter and I'm golden.

In homage to the new ''What do you want from ASM in general'' thread someone posted recently i'd like to know what you guys ''want'', as in, what are your IDEAL story beats to the main Miles Morales comic. Should the Champions show up more? Should he break up with Tiana and be single or get a new girl? Feature more or less of Ganke and/or Judge and/or his family? Uncle Aaron back(as anti-hero or full on villain)? More or less inter-dimensional adventures? Stay or leave 616 altogether?
    I'd like a better hand off when moving between creatives. Creating new rogues or characters isn't a problem but retaining ideas introduced is. It seems like there's always new character dynamics, story elements, villains and etc. being introduced but they need to be recurring for them to stick. If each new team just comes in and sets everything to a zero point nothing is going to matter. That might be more of a problem with comics in general though.

Ultimate Member

In homage to the new ''What do you want from ASM in general'' thread someone posted recently i'd like to know what you guys ''want'', as in, what are your IDEAL story beats to the main Miles Morales comic. Should the Champions show up more? Should he break up with Tiana and be single or get a new girl? Feature more or less of Ganke and/or Judge and/or his family? Uncle Aaron back(as anti-hero or full on villain)? More or less inter-dimensional adventures? Stay or leave 616 altogether?

1. Show Miles Morales the student and how he juggles being a hero and a student a little bit more. We saw that in old school Static comics.

2. More of the supporting cast.

3. If we need new rivals-Marvel got 10000000+ characters collecting dust. Lets update some. Even if it means aging down some guys.

4. Lets see some more relatives of characters at the school. Miles does not have to team up with folks but have those Easter eggs. Rocket Racer has 6 siblings.

5. Who else came over from Ultimate Marvel? Where are the adult version of Ganke and Judge in 616?

6. Have a few special guests visit Miles's classes like a Elias Wirtham.

What's Bombshell doing when not with the Champions? Does Miles seriously only see her when they're with their team nowadays? They're known each other since they were in 1610.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Agree with most of skyvolt2000 points.

1. Develop Miles student life he lives at the school but it still undefined. It needs to have more named teachers and students.

2. Develop Miles' civilian cast outside of his parents, by now we should have know more about Ganke and Judge family lives than we do.

3. Miles superhero friendships, since Ms. Marvel is most likely going to be on an X-Team, make Miles the leader of the Champions until they get a book again they can show up in an arc once in while to show that the team is still functioning.

4. Develop rogues gallery using both old and new characters. Fitting with the team as legacy Spider-Man some of his rogues should be legacies also.

Honestly, Cody Ziglar seems to be doing some of these things, with the new teacher at the school, having Miles go out on a double date with friends, introducing new friends and villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What's Bombshell doing when not with the Champions? Does Miles seriously only see her when they're with their team nowadays? They're known each other since they were in 1610.
    Bombshell stopped being relevant to his life when Tiana showed up. Barbara too, honestly.

Mighty Member

Looks good, Ziglar and Vicentini & Sabbatini are doing in good job of showcasing Miles' Venom blast in creative ways in fights instead of using it as a quick knock out blast.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 08-04-2023 at 11:48 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    1. Show Miles Morales the student and how he juggles being a hero and a student a little bit more. We saw that in old school Static comics.

2. More of the supporting cast.

3. If we need new rivals-Marvel got 10000000+ characters collecting dust. Lets update some. Even if it means aging down some guys.

4. Lets see some more relatives of characters at the school. Miles does not have to team up with folks but have those Easter eggs. Rocket Racer has 6 siblings.

5. Who else came over from Ultimate Marvel? Where are the adult version of Ganke and Judge in 616?

6. Have a few special guests visit Miles's classes like a Elias Wirtham.
    Rocket Racer is definitely an underrated one I'd like to see again. (I still have fond memories of his one appearance in the 90s Spider-Man animated series.) And hell, have Miles team up with the original Prowler, a.k.a. the current Hornet, Hobie Brown, as well. Given Hobie's talent for invention and experience as an ally to the original Spider-Man, I could see him upgrading Miles's arsenal, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sadly she was written out as Saladin didn't want to write her as many asked him when she was coming back into the book in favor of his character Tiana. I give Cody credit for trying to make her more likeable by saying she was going to a therapist for her anger issues but she really isn't needed in Brooklyn as I don't think she even lives in NYC just commutes.

Lana has a friend who apparently knows she's Bombshell since she was talking about her superhero stuff with her

As for her and Miles, seems like he can only have one female friend at a time, apparently.

Lana has a friend who apparently knows she's Bombshell since she was talking about her superhero stuff with her

As for her and Miles, seems like he can only have one female friend at a time, apparently.
    I always thought the boy scout line meant it was Tiana. B-Shell and Starling are friends outside the Champions.