Page 23 of 131 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Also I wonder whose birthday it is? I doubt it's Miles and if it's Billie's that implies Miles had another birthday, so maybe it's Rio's since Jeff is cooking.

I think he just really wants to write Misty period, even before he wrote her in Miles' book he wrote her in Peter's book.
    Technically, it was Ben's book at the time, if we're talking about the Spider-Man Beyond period. That said, more shocking power to him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Variant by John Giang:

Miles is getting two stories in the Marvel Voices: Spider-Verse book

“BIRTHDAY BASH” Starring Miles Morales
    Written by VITA AYALA
    Art by ALBERTO ALBURQUERQUE
    Colors by RACHELLE ROSENBERG

Writer Vita Ayala and artist Alberto Alburquerque craft a wild day for Miles Morales as his duties as Spider-Man threaten to steal him away from those he loves most!

“TRAINING DAY” Starring Miles Morales and Misty Knight
    Written by CODY ZIGLAR
    Art by JAHNOY LINDSAY
    Colors by JAVA TARTAGLIA

Writer of the smash-hit MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN ongoing series, Cody Ziglar returns to the Spider-Verse alongside superstar artist Jahnoy Lindsay with a teamup story starring Miles Morales and Misty Knight, with Miles’ baby sister Billie along for the ride!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ide-first-look
    Nice of Scorpia to wait until Miles finished his call before socking him.

Also I wonder whose birthday it is? I doubt it's Miles and if it's Billie's that implies Miles had another birthday, so maybe it's Rio's since Jeff is cooking.

I think he just really wants to write Misty period, even before he wrote her in Miles' book he wrote her in Peter's book.
    Hmmm I wonder how much longer they are gonna continue to keep him in highschool cause at the rate he is aging he’s gonna hit 20 before he even attends college. Editorial can’t keep these characters stuck in place forever now somethings gotta give.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Hmmm I wonder how much longer they are gonna continue to keep him in highschool cause at the rate he is aging he’s gonna hit 20 before he even attends college. Editorial can’t keep these characters stuck in place forever now somethings gotta give.
    Well, they have some incentive to keep him in high school because marketing wise he's the young, high school, Spider-Man now and that's one of his main points that nobody else has despite how often they put Peter back in high school in other media.

Although I guess it would be kind of funny to have the main Spider-Trio all in college together .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

They're not aging up Miles anytime soon. I think people need to start readjust8ng their expectations there. In thr most recent Spider-Gwen series, they straight up referred to her as a "teenager." And this is after people were confident she'd start be in her early 20s "soon ."

Miles is locked in as a high schooler for the foreseeable future.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they have some incentive to keep him in high school because marketing wise he's the young, high school, Spider-Man now and that's one of his main points that nobody else has despite how often they put Peter back in high school in other media.

Although I guess it would be kind of funny to have the main Spider-Trio all in college together .
    Would moving on to college even effect the status quo much? Outside of more concretely placing Miles at 18, I don't think it would change the book much. He already lives away from home; it's not like he'd need to get a job; and if anything the scheduling of college classes would actually give Miles more time to be Spider-Man. I don't really know where I stand on it, but I do find it weird we keep getting blatant signs of significant amounts of time passing but no major things happening. The Marvel Voices story will be the third birthday story Miles has had in about five years.

Would moving on to college even effect the status quo much? Outside of more concretely placing Miles at 18, I don't think it would change the book much. He already lives away from home; it's not like he'd need to get a job; and if anything the scheduling of college classes would actually give Miles more time to be Spider-Man. I don't really know where I stand on it, but I do find it weird we keep getting blatant signs of significant amounts of time passing but no major things happening. The Marvel Voices story will be the third birthday story Miles has had in about five years.
    I'd like to see Miles try his hand at a part time job.

Aren't Miles and Kamala supposed to be the same age? And she's got a job. Plus Ahmed ended his run with Miles getting accepted into a college. He clearly didn't expect Ziglar to still have him at high school. Given that Kamala's status quo change happened in ASM, what is Spider-Man editorial playing at?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    They're not aging up Miles anytime soon. I think people need to start readjust8ng their expectations there. In thr most recent Spider-Gwen series, they straight up referred to her as a "teenager." And this is after people were confident she'd start be in her early 20s "soon ."

Miles is locked in as a high schooler for the foreseeable future.
    Gwen should've been in her 20s at the end of her original writer Jason Latour's run. She was 19 for most of that, then spent a year in jail at the end. That makes her 20. In hindsight, they should've had her be a couple of years younger in the first place.

Yeah, his college will be a scholarship, so he won't have fees to pay, but he'll still want money to live on and to pay for Spidey stuff. Can't just go to the Bank of Mom and Dad all the time. I assume that's why Kamala took that internship at Oscorp instead of going to college.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aren't Miles and Kamala supposed to be the same age? And she's got a job. Plus Ahmed ended his run with Miles getting accepted into a college. He clearly didn't expect Ziglar to still have him at high school. Given that Kamala's status quo change happened in ASM, what is Spider-Man editorial playing at?
    They should be the same age, at least that's how it's always been portrayed. They even had an arc in the Spider-Verse Unlimited books where they both visited the same college. And I'm still trying to understand exactly how Kamala ended up under the supervision of Spider-Man editorial. I get that they don't want her in limbo, but working at Oscorp as a way to keep her around feels weird. She had that Dark Web thing, but that wasn't really relevant to the plot at all. Maybe they just needed a street level book for her to appear in every once in a while to show she hasn't been cast aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, his college will be a scholarship, so he won't have fees to pay, but he'll still want money to live on and to pay for Spidey stuff. Can't just go to the Bank of Mom and Dad all the time. I assume that's why Kamala took that internship at Oscorp instead of going to college.
    I'd be cool with a part time job too, it'd be a nice way to add another recognizable location to Miles' book besides school and his parents house. Just a matter of picking a place that fits.

They should be the same age, at least that's how it's always been portrayed. They even had an arc in the Spider-Verse Unlimited books where they both visited the same college. And I'm still trying to understand exactly how Kamala ended up under the supervision of Spider-Man editorial. I get that they don't want her in limbo, but working at Oscorp as a way to keep her around feels weird. She had that Dark Web thing, but that wasn't really relevant to the plot at all. Maybe they just needed a street level book for her to appear in every once in a while to show she hasn't been cast aside.
    Feels like Marvel doesn't really have much of a plan for Kamala even after her show came out.

Both Kamala and Gwen were big successes when introduced and then they torpedoed them both at about the same time with Civil War II and Sitting in a Tree and such like.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Both Kamala and Gwen were big successes when introduced and then they torpedoed them both at about the same time with Civil War II and Sitting in a Tree and such like.
    Kamala was still going pretty strong after Civil War II, I would think. It was her would-be mentor/idol who got torpedoed in comparison, although I'd also say that since Saladin Ahmed's run wasn't quite as strong a follow-up to G. Willow Wilson's as Marvel was hoping it would be . . . that could be more why they're struggling to figure out what to do with her now going forward.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'd probably say around ASM 1k. Everything from Saladin's run for those 1st 30 issues and all supplemental material like the Spiderverse webcomics and Marvel Rising all seemed to be point Morales in that direction but then it just halted completely at that point. I don't usually buy stock in conspiracy theories like the Spencer run being tampered with 'cause really OMD being addressed in any manner really is a good carrot to lead readers along for whatever story you want to tell, but from 31-42 it really feels like Miles' book shifted it's focus. All supporting cast disappears aside from Shift and Tiana, even hardline mainstays like Ganke are nowhere. The momentum of the "next step" it feels Saladin was constantly alluding too goes away as well. those 12 issues felt like they were treading water.

Amazing Member

Look like time in Earth-65 moves differently. Reed Richards debuted as 13 years old from data page in Spider-Gwen (post Secret Wars 2015) #12. But he says now he is 12 in Spider-Gwen: Shadow Clones (2023) #1. Miles's age will be equal to Gwen eventually if Gwen's age is also reduced.