Page 102 of 131 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1959

Right... But I still would like some more original villains.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    The Brooklyn 2099 Suit designed by Taurin Clarke

https://www.marvel.com/articles/game...york-comic-con
    Sold! Looks like a banger to me. I think it might be time to do another young heroes book that puts Miles front and center. A place he could rock these different suits.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Brooklyn 2099 kinda looks Miles was fused with Black Widow lol.
    Also Spoilers for Spider-Man 2 are out but I won’t mention everything here but
    spoilers:
    Wolverine and Black Panther styled suits for Miles are both in the game.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Sold! Looks like a banger to me. I think it might be time to do another young heroes book that puts Miles front and center. A place he could rock these different suits.
    Yeah a new young heroes book would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    It'd be great as an au suit for a Black Widow trained Miles, or something like if Secret Empire went differently since she did a bit of mentoring to him back then. Or even just a darker future kind of look.
    spoilers:
    I loved seeing those suits included.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Yeah a new young heroes book would be great.

It'd be great as an au suit for a Black Widow trained Miles, or something like if Secret Empire went differently since she did a bit of mentoring to him back then. Or even just a darker future kind of look.
    spoilers:
    I loved seeing those suits included.
    end of spoilers
    Definitely a great cyberpunk-inspired look for Miles as Spider-Man . . . I would love to see that adapted into a comic set in the future, especially if Miles was explicitly referenced (not by name, per se, because secret identities and all) as the Spider-Man that inspired the future web-slinger, at least for a change of pace, much as I love the OG Spidey. And yes, a revival of Champions, Young Avengers, and/or New Warriors with Miles in the lead would be great, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Right... But I still would like some more original villains.
    I've been calling that one for a while now, all we need from Miles' book is that one major character-defining arc with a villain that becomes synonymous with his story. Assessor and Rabble were good shots but missed the mark IMO(for now).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    I've been calling that one for a while now, all we need from Miles' book is that one major character-defining arc with a villain that becomes synonymous with his story. Assessor and Rabble were good shots but missed the mark IMO(for now).
    The closest we got to that, I thought, was with his Uncle Aaron as the Prowler in the first twelve issues of All-New Ultimate Spider-Man, but since Aaron was revived as ultimately (pun somewhat intended) a better person than he started out being, perhaps more in line with his Into the Spider-Verse and Insomniac Games' Spider-Verse iterations . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The closest we got to that, I thought, was with his Uncle Aaron as the Prowler in the first twelve issues of All-New Ultimate Spider-Man, but since Aaron was revived as ultimately (pun somewhat intended) a better person than he started out being, perhaps more in line with his Into the Spider-Verse and Insomniac Games' Spider-Verse iterations . . .
    Yeah, I don't think any antagonist has hit as hard as Aaron did.

I don't think a villain taking the mantle of a Peter supervillain like Prowler is the originality that Miles has needed in his Rogues' Gallery...

I wonder if the Champions will get mentioned in Kamala's guest appearance in Miles's book? The team still seemed to exist right up until Kamala's funeral. Two months later, Ms. Marvel resurfaces... wearing an X-Men uniform. Did the team disband in the interim (the Powers Act only applies to New York, so it's no excuse for the team to break up. Losing their leader might be though)? Did someone else take over as leader (Viv and Miles are the most likely candidates)?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't think any antagonist has hit as hard as Aaron did.
    A lot of the appeal of Uncle Aaron is the personal stakes involved. Assessor had virtually none and Rabble was just so random and had that weirdly displaced rage that, to me personally, was more jarring than threatening. Whomever they eventually make up to be that A-list Miles-specific villain i strongly advocate them to be somebody with a true personal connection to him as a character and as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Whomever they eventually make up to be that A-list Miles-specific villain i strongly advocate them to be somebody with a true personal connection to him as a character and as a person.
    Until the Green Goblin outed himself to Peter as Norman Osborn I don't think any of Peter's major villains had any kind of personal connection to him beyond maybe being created by Jameson.
    I think what a villain needs is some kind of thematic connection to the hero's personal struggles. Most of the compelling Ditko villains are either working class or science oriented misfits.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Until the Green Goblin outed himself to Peter as Norman Osborn I don't think any of Peter's major villains had any kind of personal connection to him beyond maybe being created by Jameson.
    I think what a villain needs is some kind of thematic connection to the hero's personal struggles. Most of the compelling Ditko villains are either working class or science oriented misfits.
    Yes, that's true, i meant to put a ''as a character and/or as a person'' as it would better imply the connection could be thematic or more related to the Spider-Man alter-ego, like Kraven. But i still believe it was the Osborne reveal and all subsequent fallout stories that succeeded it that propelled Gobby to number one rogue in most fans' eyes. I remeber being very marked by the first Lizard arc in the 90s animated series because it was established how Peter and Curt were friends and how hurtful it was for Peter to have to fight somebody he cared about. Not that you can't start out more ''impersonal'' and build the feud over time, but, eventually, i'd enjoy a more personal blood feud to really establish someone as THE guy of Miles' rogues gallery.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I don't think a villain taking the mantle of a Peter supervillain like Prowler is the originality that Miles has needed in his Rogues' Gallery...
    No shade at Hobbie, but it's rather telling Aaron's early stories as the Prowler completely overshadowed Hobie's to the point where you never see Hobbie in the mantle both in pop culture media and even in the comics now.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    No shade at Hobbie, but it's rather telling Aaron's early stories as the Prowler completely overshadowed Hobie's to the point where you never see Hobbie in the mantle both in pop culture media and even in the comics now.
    Hobie was Prowler in the 2017 Spider-Man cartoon but no one paid attention to it .

(Also made Jefferson Swarm which was...yeah).