Page 103 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1959
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hobie was Prowler in the 2017 Spider-Man cartoon but no one paid attention to it .

(Also made Jefferson Swarm which was...yeah).
    Like I'm taking a cursory glance and because Hobie was an occasional ally of Pete who would routinely retire the mantle throughout the decades, there's been multiple Prowlers over the year. It just so happens that Aaron Davis has become the most popular one.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Niffleheim

An over/under Ziglar adding Vampires In Brooklyn jokes in this new arc?
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-16-2023 at 08:15 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if the Champions will get mentioned in Kamala's guest appearance in Miles's book? The team still seemed to exist right up until Kamala's funeral. Two months later, Ms. Marvel resurfaces... wearing an X-Men uniform. Did the team disband in the interim (the Powers Act only applies to New York, so it's no excuse for the team to break up. Losing their leader might be though)? Did someone else take over as leader (Viv and Miles are the most likely candidates)?
    It'd be a good opportunity to have Miles as the leader, since outside of Uncanny Avengers mutants haven't really been major members of non mutant teams lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    No shade at Hobbie, but it's rather telling Aaron's early stories as the Prowler completely overshadowed Hobie's to the point where you never see Hobbie in the mantle both in pop culture media and even in the comics now.
    Yeah no offense to Hobbie, but he's not exactly a major member of Peter's supporting cast. You can go entire series without mentioning him once, conversely you can't tell Miles' story without Aaron at least being partly involved. If you want it to be good at least, looking at you Spider-Man 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It'd be a good opportunity to have Miles as the leader, since outside of Uncanny Avengers mutants haven't really been major members of non mutant teams lately.

Yeah no offense to Hobbie, but he's not exactly a major member of Peter's supporting cast. You can go entire series without mentioning him once, conversely you can't tell Miles' story without Aaron at least being partly involved. If you want it to be good at least, looking at you Spider-Man 2017.
    To be fair they just kinda combined the story beat with his father who turned himself into swarm? Also Miles 1st Animated appearance in Ultimate Spider-Man passed on the plot, but it was (sorta) implied with his father already being dead.

Pretty good issue today, the interactions were fun and Miles' suit looked good in action. I'm thinking this and the next issue are definitely setup for Blood Hunt in the same way we got two issues with Hobgoblin as future setup for Gang War.
    spoilers:
    Hightail getting turned is a bit unexpected, but she's way too narrow minded about catching Miles so she payed the price for it. Now we have a speedster vampire to deal with a regular speedster is already a big problem to deal with. Also there's talk of Miles evolving his spider sense and it'll be interesting to see where that goes, since there's plenty of examples of the spider sense improving with training.
    end of spoilers
    Also now that I think about it if this vampire is the main villain of Blood Hunt I think it's the first time an event villain will have originated from Miles' book.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty good issue today, the interactions were fun and Miles' suit looked good in action. I'm thinking this and the next issue are definitely setup for Blood Hunt in the same way we got two issues with Hobgoblin as future setup for Gang War.
    spoilers:
    Hightail getting turned is a bit unexpected, but she's way too narrow minded about catching Miles so she payed the price for it. Now we have a speedster vampire to deal with a regular speedster is already a big problem to deal with. Also there's talk of Miles evolving his spider sense and it'll be interesting to see where that goes, since there's plenty of examples of the spider sense improving with training.
    end of spoilers
    Also now that I think about it if this vampire is the main villain of Blood Hunt I think it's the first time an event villain will have originated from Miles' book.
    Did Miles flirt with Bloodline?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Did Miles flirt with Bloodline?
    Nah the interactions were all platonic and friendly. Plus it takes a lot of boldness to flirt with a girl in front of her father, especially if that father is Blade. I personally wouldn't be opposed to a relationship in the future though , Brielle is cool character.

This was a fun issue. I thought the heroes had great chemistry and worked really well together.
    spoilers:
    And yeah, Hightail's hotheadedness really screwed things up in this issue. I wonder if after all of this is over, she'll reflect on what happened and changed her approach to things. I'm not holding my breath to that, lol.

Also, the glowing effect the suit gives Miles' webs remended me of his venom webs feom Bendis' run and I kind of wish they'll get brought back.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Nah the interactions were all platonic and friendly. Plus it takes a lot of boldness to flirt with a girl in front of her father, especially if that father is Blade. I personally wouldn't be opposed to a relationship in the future though , Brielle is cool character.
    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    This was a fun issue. I thought the heroes had great chemistry and worked really well together.
    spoilers:
    And yeah, Hightail's hotheadedness really screwed things up in this issue. I wonder if after all of this is over, she'll reflect on what happened and changed her approach to things. I'm not holding my breath to that, lol.

Also, the glowing effect the suit gives Miles' webs remended me of his venom webs feom Bendis' run and I kind of wish they'll get brought back.
    end of spoilers
    Would generally cosign.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Ok, i gotta say it, i'm not feeling this energy sword gimmick. Is it just me? i feel most ppl dig it but man, i dunno. Miles' traditional venom power and camo(which barely gets used anymore) were already my fill of powers to diferentiate him from Peter. The sword is just getting kind of hokey IMHO.

Pretty good issue tho. The suit was pretty cool and he had great chemistry with Blade & Bloodline, i feel Miles' Spider-Man is made to be a more likeable person all around than Peter's.
    Last edited by Tapioca Blitzkrieg; 10-19-2023 at 07:10 AM.

I'm really liking how Ziglar's handling how Miles' power set is evolving. He's managing to make it feel organic to the story and character for the most part; especially with how he's further developing his spider-sense. While I do like Miles' venom saber I think I'm more looking forward to seeing him play around with different energy constructs though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Ok, i gotta say it, i'm not feeling this energy sword gimmick. Is it just me? i feel most ppl dig it but man, i dunno. Miles' traditional venom power and camo(which barely gets used anymore) were already my fill of powers to diferentiate him from Peter. The sword is just getting kind of hokey IMHO.

Pretty good issue tho. The suit was pretty cool and he had great chemistry with Blade & Bloodline, i feel Miles' Spider-Man is made to be a more likeable person all around than Peter's.
    Miles powers are getting upgraded as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I'm really liking how Ziglar's handling how Miles' power set is evolving. He's managing to make it feel organic to the story and character for the most part; especially with how he's further developing his spider-sense. While I do like Miles' venom saber I think I'm more looking forward to seeing him play around with different energy constructs though.
    This could be really fun. He could form different weapons, a shield, he could create spider legs like the ones on a iron spider suit. His venom blasts could take different shapes like Kirin or the Black Panther jutsu from Naruto. The sky's the limit as long as they're creative enough or seen enough manga/anime, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    This could be really fun. He could form different weapons, a shield, he could create spider legs like the ones on a iron spider suit. His venom blasts could take different shapes like Kirin or the Black Panther jutsu from Naruto. The sky's the limit as long as they're creative enough or seen enough manga/anime, lol.
    That's good stuff, I'd love to see that since artists could get super creative with it and we could get some crazy art out of it. So I'm all for it, especially if we can get the webs back.

Niffleheim

as much as I giggled In some scenes it did feel like there was too much story in one single issue and the taking your child to work so she could fight villains irresponsible (It does feel weird considering Miles' age too that so side-eying myself and Blade)

I cringed soooo hard when Mr. Brooks called his daughter "baby girl" like Isn't he British?
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-19-2023 at 01:33 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough