Page 15 of 131 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Actually her issues with Miles do NOT make sense and this is where an editor worth their salt would do their job.

She didn't have only ONE shot to get into that school.
    Schools like Miles do have something called WAITING LISTS.
    Kids leave as we saw Goldballs did in the last Bendis run.
    Kids are free to reapply.

I had to audition to get into my high school. No matter what grade level you had to.
    I got 7 schools with 1000 kid waiting list for 100 spots.

If she is that dang talented-WHERE IS TONY STARK AT???? If not him-where is GIRL at? Or AIM?

I will assume she hacked into the system to find out Miles's number-because that is not suppose to be public information.
    You raise very valid points there. Hell, her blaming Miles for "stealing her spot" when her issue is really with the lottery system . . . but for a lot of people in real life, it's much easier to go after some other person than to actively tackle an unfair system or structure, let alone the people in charge of that unfair system or structure.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You raise very valid points there. Hell, her blaming Miles for "stealing her spot" when her issue is really with the lottery system . . . but for a lot of people in real life, it's much easier to go after some other person than to actively tackle an unfair system or structure, let alone the people in charge of that unfair system or structure.
    the worst part is that if miles wasnt spiderman she would have attack a normal person so she gotta go but she will be forgiven by Miles cause of plot
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

If she is that dang talented-WHERE IS TONY STARK AT???? If not him-where is GIRL at? Or AIM?

I will assume she hacked into the system to find out Miles's number-because that is not suppose to be public information.
    Good point. Maybe Miles can put her in touch with Nadia when this arc ends. GIRL already has at least two superhumans on the team (one of the girls she initially recruited developed plant control powers, and then Finesse, a former member of Avengers Academy who has Taskmaster's powers, defected from AIM).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

By the end of this arc I have a feeling Raneem will be offered some help from Miles but she either refuse it because there is no going back from what she's done or she doesn't care and Miles will forever be the bane of her existence because he embodies everything that is unfair in her life and won't move on until he is gone. There are a few avenues that could drastically improve her life and make it better but no she wants to blame Spider-Man for everything even self inflicted problems.

Actually her issues with Miles do NOT make sense and this is where an editor worth their salt would do their job.

She didn't have only ONE shot to get into that school.
    Schools like Miles do have something called WAITING LISTS.
    Kids leave as we saw Goldballs did in the last Bendis run.
    Kids are free to reapply.

I had to audition to get into my high school. No matter what grade level you had to.
    I got 7 schools with 1000 kid waiting list for 100 spots.

Fully agree with all of this. It's absolutely wild and completely unbelievable that with her backstory she would come to the conclusion that a selfless teenager who puts his life on the line daily to save victims is the one she needs to destroy. If you want her to be a villain so badly than have her go after those in power with no concern for who she hurts along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Billdozer84 View Post
    Fully agree with all of this. It's absolutely wild and completely unbelievable that with her backstory she would come to the conclusion that a selfless teenager who puts his life on the line daily to save victims is the one she needs to destroy. If you want her to be a villain so badly than have her go after those in power with no concern for who she hurts along the way.
    Well I mean if she did, wouldn't Spider-Man just get in her way? I really doubt Miles would just let her attack the school board or BVA staff with zero response. Confrontation seems inevitable with her goals.

I can't tell if Raneem realizes she has powers, because being innately able to understand technology put her at an unfair advantage against all the non powered kids that applied to BVA. Not to say she can't still be smart but definitely an advantage over other people. Knowing she does and still being a hypocrite wouldn't be a surprise though.

Also I don't know how long she'll remain a villain since typically villains that know the hero's secret identity don't get to know it for too long. I don't know if she'll get redeemed or something happens that makes her forget, but I can't see her remaining a threat and knowing the truth for long.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 02-02-2023 at 11:40 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It was pointed out by Tiana that her logic made no sense but that how some villains are they become hyper focus on someone to blame for all their problems in life. She was already going down the 'wrong' path after her mother's death and is just using the Miles for "stealing her spot" as an excuse for her actions.

You know I don't have a problem personally with Gao and her squad, I think they could potentially be an interesting antagonistic force for Miles. But they feel a little too repetitive after Miles had to deal with C.R.A.D.L.E not too long ago in his own book. I know Cody didn't invent this particular task force, it's spinning out of the Devil's Reign event, but still...

I at least wish he showed a little more attitude like he did against Dugan's team, I feel like he's being pushed around a little too easily currently.

Now that I think about it the fight with Scorpion probably would've gone a lot better if he actually used his cloaking ability.

Fantastic Member

For most villains, they ignore the logic that is pointed out to them and make the excuse that they wouldn't act this way if the person wasn't around.I think Rannem will be a recurring villain seeing how she's so focused on ruining Miles because he go into BVA and she didn't. She could be any other emotion but all she ever chooses is to be salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Well I mean if she did, wouldn't Spider-Man just get in her way? I really doubt Miles would just let her attack the school board or BVA staff with zero response. Confrontation seems inevitable with her goals.
    That's my point. You can create believable conflict between Rabble and Spider-Man without asking us to believe somebody smart enough to get into Miles' school would blame him for the failings of an unjust system. Then again, maybe that's the whole point since she's a villain. Maybe she's just a crazy person.

Rabble from the recent series seems to be my favorite new villian for Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    For most villains, they ignore the logic that is pointed out to them and make the excuse that they wouldn't act this way if the person wasn't around.I think Rannem will be a recurring villain seeing how she's so focused on ruining Miles because he go into BVA and she didn't. She could be any other emotion but all she ever chooses is to be salty.
    Raneem also seems to believe that at this point Miles is another cog in the machine that has done her and others dirty. Perhaps when she discovered Miles was Spider-man that was the last straw for her. Like she had a jealous streak for the kid that got lucky over her with the charter school lottery; but then founding out that same kid got superpowers and is loved by "most" of the civilians in the city? That could have been the breaking point for her.

It also seems like for her it may just be easier to go after Miles since, attacking the actual system at fault for her woes would be nigh on impossible since she's on her own for now. We know when Tiana calls her out for going after Miles instead of the system she reason's that it's because to dismantle a machine you start piece by piece, but I think it's safe to say this is an excuse, and maybe even a mental or emotional defense mechanism she needs to justify her actions to herself.

My bet is that as things between her and Miles escalate she's going to be forced more and more to confront the hard truth that she's been denying for a long time that Miles isn't to blame for her predicament, but rather they were both at the mercy of a faulty educational and societal system and Miles actually winning the BVA lottery or becoming Spider-Man was simply a cosmic roll of the dice (the whole spider totem thing not withstanding).

This in turn will cause her to either have a villainous breakdown as she clings to denying the truth, or it creates an opening for Miles to actually talk some sense into her. My bet is that it will be a combination of both.

Does this mean a full redemption arc for her, later on? Maybe, maybe not. But at the very least if they keep her for this run and the future then I think she could very much become the Doctor Doom, to Miles Reed Richards as it seems to be playing out like that at the moment.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 02-02-2023 at 03:32 PM.

Mighty Member

That's my point. You can create believable conflict between Rabble and Spider-Man without asking us to believe somebody smart enough to get into Miles' school would blame him for the failings of an unjust system. Then again, maybe that's the whole point since she's a villain. Maybe she's just a crazy person.
    That's because she is not really mad at the unjust system she is just mad she wasn't the one who benefited from it.

Raneem's powers, of being able to understand technology do not make her intelligent, they seem to be an innate ability, also being smart doesn't make someone an empathetic person.

She sees Miles as undeserving because he simply got lucky, both in terms of getting into the school and getting Spider-powers.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 02-02-2023 at 04:06 PM.

You can create believable conflict between Rabble and Spider-Man without asking us to believe somebody smart enough to get into Miles' school would blame him for the failings of an unjust system.
    Many people who are smart and able in some ways are terribly dense in others. Often they're the more dense for thinking that because they're exceptionally smart in one area they must therefore be equally smart in other areas.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi