Page 28 of 131 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Read issue four and the art is good as always but man do I hate Raneem for being irrational and just want Miles to dunk on her. Everyone tells her she is in the wrong about everything, she doubles down and says no everyone else is wrong and I'm the victim because it's Spider-Man's fault, lol. I do like her not being a sympathetic villain and issue 4 shows her potential to be a legit threat to Brooklyn's Spider-Man.

Read the issue and it's about what you'd expect.
    spoilers:
    Rabble and Miles fight where she injures Miles and escapes swearing to hurt all of Miles' loved ones. Miles has to get fished out of the river by Misty; followed by more advice from Misty about not running in without a plan. Misty comes up with the plan to find Rabble before they split up with Misty going after Rabble and Miles checking in on his family. I think the new Spider-Slayers are pieces of Scorpion's suit Rabble combined with her own tech. Issue ends with Miles house on fire with Rabble doing her monologue.
    end of spoilers

Can't see Rabble being dealt with in a single issue unless she gets the extreme prejudice beatdown she deserves, so fingers crossed she does.

Read the issue and it's another banger for the current run so far. I like how the steaks were raised at the end; and yeah I can't see a full bookend happening with just one more issue of this arc to go. I fully expect a round 2 between Miles and Raneem later in the run unless something unexpected happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Read the issue and it's about what you'd expect.
    spoilers:
    Rabble and Miles fight where she injures Miles and escapes swearing to hurt all of Miles' loved ones. Miles has to get fished out of the river by Misty; followed by more advice from Misty about not running in without a plan. Misty comes up with the plan to find Rabble before they split up with Misty going after Rabble and Miles checking in on his family. I think the new Spider-Slayers are pieces of Scorpion's suit Rabble combined with her own tech. Issue ends with Miles house on fire with Rabble doing her monologue.
    end of spoilers

Can't see Rabble being dealt with in a single issue unless she gets the extreme prejudice beatdown she deserves, so fingers crossed she does.
    How did Miles survive this long without Misty Knight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's really going to be some serious whiplash seeing Miles go from needing Misty to help tie his shoes for him to fighting super Carnage by himself in two issues.

It's really going to be some serious whiplash seeing Miles go from needing Misty to help tie his shoes for him to fighting super Carnage by himself in two issues.
    Yea this whole making miles a complete inexperience novice out of nowhere is really starting to rub me the wrong way. I was expecting ziglar to do great things with miles in the beginning but now I can’t welp but to feel disappointed in path he is taking him down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because we gotta shoe horn black folks into stuff as some sort of "unity" nonsense.

Same mess that Static has gone through.

Miles has done more than Misty and does not need a teacher.

Just read Miles Morales Spiderman # 4 and the art is just so beautiful i want to stand up and clap. Not feeling the villains going after some kid for getting something they personally don't feel he is worth when they are kind of showing why maybe they weren't and he was. lol But yeah the story is pretty good but the art here is just. The pages with the rain. The movement. There are just too many scenes to share. This was mood and elegance in art and color.

some of my fave scenes. spoilers:

artswag.jpg
    thatartthough.jpg
    imeantheartalone.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Some killer art, the whole run has had it so far and I really love it.
    Nice Fight with Rabble too. It has to be a running joke or something that EVERYONE that talks to Ranny just slices her arguments and big speeches to ribbons. "So you're mad because you couldn't go to high school?" Man that is just wild. Her threat really comes from her abilities not her ideas.
    Still Misty doing the lecture thing anytime she talks to Miles which is a lot. Not a real fan of it as mentioned before but at least it's consistent with previous establishment. Also Misty going for the base while Miles hurries home is some justification for her involvement.
    I wish their team up was more fun though instead of all this tutorial junk.
    Gonna feel like a bit of whiplash though when we go from Rookie mode from this arc to Soloing out against Carnage/Dealing with the Maker in a couple of issues.

The artwork has definitely been the highlight of the run so far. But the actual writing has made it hard for me to really get into the book so far. For reasons I, and almost everyone else, have already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just read Miles Morales Spiderman # 4 and the art is just so beautiful i want to stand up and clap. Not feeling the villains going after some kid for getting something they personally don't feel he is worth when they are kind of showing why maybe they weren't and he was. lol But yeah the story is pretty good but the art here is just. The pages with the rain. The movement. There are just too many scenes to share. This was mood and elegance in art and color.

some of my fave scenes. spoilers:

artswag.jpg
    thatartthough.jpg
    imeantheartalone.jpg
    end of spoilers
    No point putting images in spoil tags.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not gonna lie as much as I'm loving the story it is pretty weird for Misty to be giving the type of advise that Miles should have already learned by now. Only conclusion story wise I can come up with is it's because he's off his game mentally at the moment, but still.

I do enjoy the growing comradery and rapport growing between them but I think Salidin Ahmed may have done it better when Miles received a soft teaching hand from Captain America and how he let Miles learn by having him call the shots in their team up.

Then again during the Scorpion fight she did look towards Miles for ideas on how to take him down so she's not actually babying him or something despite the "junior detective" quip. So maybe this weird feeling I have stems from having Miles back in the learning seat after so long rather than with Misty actually teaching him. But for me it does also kinda work because Misty's trying to teach him street level P.I. skills rather than actual super heroics. Honestly for me most street level heroes double as super powered P.I.'s now that I think about it. It might be the reason they're my favorites since I always loved a good detective story.

I think Ziglar only has Misty for this arc at the moment. I think he mentioned how he wanted other team ups for Miles if he gets to continue writing after the agreed 12 issues. Which lets be honest he is gonna get because I do love almost everything he's doing right now with this run. For now I genuinely do hope we get to see Misty and Miles team up more often and Miles getting more actual detective skills under his belt since I think it would pair perfectly with his stealth skills...which is kinda odd that we haven't seen in the story yet.

P.S.
    I agree that the art is absolute God Tier. Glad to see the tradition of Miles getting some of the most talented up and coming artists continue.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 03-16-2023 at 10:00 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because we gotta shoe horn black folks into stuff as some sort of "unity" nonsense.

Same mess that Static has gone through.

Miles has done more than Misty and does not need a teacher.
    Exactly.

Miles has been a hero for what? 5 years or so?

He doesn't need that much guidance from Misty.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Not gonna lie as much as I'm loving the story it is pretty weird for Misty to be giving the type of advise that Miles should have already learned by now. Only conclusion story wise I can come up with is it's because he's off his game mentally at the moment, but still.

I do enjoy the growing comradery and rapport growing between them but I think Salidin Ahmed may have done it better when Miles received a soft teaching hand from Captain America and how he let Miles learn by having him call the shots in their team up.

Then again during the Scorpion fight she did look towards Miles for ideas on how to take him down so she's not actually babying him or something despite the "junior detective" quip. So maybe this weird feeling I have stems from having Miles back in the learning seat after so long rather than with Misty actually teaching him. But for me it does also kinda work because Misty's trying to teach him street level P.I. skills rather than actual super heroics. Honestly for me most street level heroes double as super powered P.I.'s now that I think about it. It might be the reason they're my favorites since I always loved a good detective story.

I think Ziglar only has Misty for this arc at the moment. I think he mentioned how he wanted other team ups for Miles if he gets to continue writing after the agreed 12 issues. Which lets be honest he is gonna get because I do love almost everything he's doing right now with this run. For now I genuinely do hope we get to see Misty and Miles team up more often and Miles getting more actual detective skills under his belt since I think it would pair perfectly with his stealth skills...which is kinda odd that we haven't seen in the story yet.

P.S.
    I agree that the art is absolute God Tier. Glad to see the tradition of Miles getting some of the most talented up and coming artists continue.
    Good point, it also helps that Miles' general competence didn't take a nosedive and Cap wasn't in almost every issue. Also funnily enough the Cap team up was while Miles was using the detective skills he already had to track down Snatcher.

Also agreed with what's been said about the art, it's been some really top tier stuff and I hope it continues.

Good point, it also helps that Miles' general competence didn't take a nosedive and Cap wasn't in almost every issue. Also funnily enough the Cap team up was while Miles was using the detective skills he already had to track down Snatcher.

Also agreed with what's been said about the art, it's been some really top tier stuff and I hope it continues.
    Nice catch, that did in fact happen. I get the feeling we'll see more of Miles flexing his detective muscles again as the series goes on. From some of the preview images seen for issue #6 he'll be doing so in order to track down Carnage; though that's just my guess for now.