Page 97 of 131 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    In my mind I've rationalized that plans changed after the story of Assesor torturing Miles and the Iron Man Infinity Annual. Although the writing was still serviceable it seemed to lack the focus that it started with.
    That's possible, it could've been a sign that whatever was originally planned had been canned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Around issue 30 just after the introduction of the anniversary suit, is when I noticed all secondary cast disappearing besides Shift and Starling. I assumed something might have changed then.
    It's weird to think about how despite Ahmed's run lasting as long as it did that something could've happened to cause such a change; then again even before that I didn't think the secondary cast was treated particularly well.

I think part of the problem may have been Ahmed's strict adherence to the same arc structure that made pivoting when something happened impossible. I remember it got to a point where I could tell exactly when in the issue that the story was winding down and the villain was about to be defeated. Compared to what we've seen of Ziglar 's run so far where the arc structure is much more lax

Fantastic Member

By the Anniversary issue Ahmed had personal stuff going on and stopped posting on social media 2021-2022 and would only update projects he was working on then the interview came out in 2022 that he said as much as he loved superhero comics, he didn't want to be stuck writing them forever. Then around issue 40 is when it got out that he was leaving the book but they found the next writer for Miles which ended up being Cody.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

The Giant-Size Spider-Man one shot coming out in January has been officially announced as a Miles vs. Dylan one-shot which is part of a celebration centered around those old Giant-Size issues from the 70's:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The Giant-Size Spider-Man one shot coming out in January has been officially announced as a Miles vs. Dylan one-shot which is part of a celebration centered around those old Giant-Size issues from the 70's:

Deal with one Symbiote kid, now he has to deal with another.

Also I guess they're really going to leaning into this sword for a while.

I wonder if this is the thing Lowe was talking about that involved Shift. Either way it should be interesting, I doubt it's just some typical superhero mix-up since Miles got along with Normie and he was a bit on the unstable side when they initially met.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I wonder if this is the thing Lowe was talking about that involved Shift. Either way it should be interesting, I doubt it's just some typical superhero mix-up since Miles got along with Normie and he was a bit on the unstable side when they initially met.
    From Marvel.com Cody is writing the one-shot and it has a reprint of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man issue 22.

Neat. Might be some kind of misunderstanding about Normie since they got along OK, until Normie tricked Morales. Speaking of echoes I'm really surprised they haven't done a next Gen Spider-Man + Wolverine team up with Miles and Laura (or even James Howlett if he's still around somewhere)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Neat. Might be some kind of misunderstanding about Normie since they got along OK, until Normie tricked Morales. Speaking of echoes I'm really surprised they haven't done a next Gen Spider-Man + Wolverine team up with Miles and Laura (or even James Howlett if he's still around somewhere)
    I think they had a moment in All-New X-Men: The Ultimate Adventure, but beyond that . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It really is, especially considering both charaters' popularity and that they've done most of the other popular old team ups with new generation characters. They even did the all new Fantastic Four with Amadeus, Laura, Robbie, and Cindy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It really is, especially considering both charaters' popularity and that they've done most of the other popular old team ups with new generation characters. They even did the all new Fantastic Four with Amadeus, Laura, Robbie, and Cindy.
    And Laura previously appeared in Circle of Four, the anti-hero version of the New Fantastic Four spinning out of Rick Remender's (Agent) Venom series, with Flash Thompson/Agent Venom in place of Spider-Man, Laura in place of her (genetic) father Wolverine, Alejandra as Ghost Rider (even bonded to the same spirit that once possessed Johnny Blaze to create Ghost Rider), and Red Hulk in place of Hulk.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I haven't read Ultimate Invasion today yet, but apparently Miles doesn't appear or is even mentioned in it.

Can confirm, no Miles and no mention of the card Maker gave him either. It's honestly so strange how much of the first issue was completely irrelevant to the rest of the mini

Can confirm, no Miles and no mention of the card Maker gave him either. It's honestly so strange how much of the first issue was completely irrelevant to the rest of the mini
    Maybe that issue was already drawn (or at least partially drawn) before Hickman got the assigment?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    Maybe that issue was already drawn (or at least partially drawn) before Hickman got the assigment?
    Very possible, I've seen people theorize that this was originally supposed to be by Cates but due to his accident he couldn't do it. Which seems very likely since he got a special thanks in the first issue.

Niffleheim

I knew there wasn't going to be more of Miles in the story Hickman just wanted to humanize The Maker and then sent him on his merry devil making way.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough