Page 115 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1959

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man #12 preview
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/22/ma...ider-man-12-2/
    Speedster powered vamp. Seems like a dangerous combination for rate of potential infection alone. This arc is tying straight into gang war?

There might be a tease at the end of the issue that will tie into Gang War. I think this arc will mainly sow the seeds for a future story and Miles' involvement in Blood Hunt.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Do you guys think the group of people hightail is about to attack in the preview is anyone miles knows? The solicits for this issue days his best friends are in danger.Seeing as Ziglar said he wanted to get judge more involved, I could see him and his "friend" being apart of a group hightail attacks. Also I'm liking pratim's art here more than in issue 10
    Last edited by Trapgodthanos; 11-22-2023 at 06:54 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Speedster powered vamp. Seems like a dangerous combination for rate of potential infection alone. This arc is tying straight into gang war?
    Reminds me of how Marvel Zombies fell so quick in that universe because Quicksilver was one of the first infected.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

First look at Giant Size Spider-Man
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/22/ex...-spider-man-1/
    Miles looks pretty top heavy.
    Miles starting to chew into Peter there. I'm glad he's showing some emotion though considering his friend died during that whole mess. Even though Kamala basically came right back.
    I think the problem is just that it implies a relationship between the two of them that's never been consistently on the page to the point where I feel like this would be an issue for Miles and they don't even really bring up Kamala at all.

It just feels like Wells looking for the flimsiest excuse for a character to chew out Peter for the umpteenth time and it just happens to be Miles even though it feels out-of-character.
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man #12 preview
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/22/ma...ider-man-12-2/
    Blade's daughter really feels superfluous to this team-up.

Points to Miles for being able to switch languages in a high-tense situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Miles looks pretty top heavy.

I think the problem is just that it implies a relationship between the two of them that's never been consistently on the page to the point where I feel like this would be an issue for Miles and they don't even really bring up Kamala at all.
    Rare for the two to team up on page unless it's a Spider-men book but there is some sort of in-universe 'group chat' or something. They've always been apprised of the others stories through the grapevine or some such even if they only mention things in passing. There was communication just none that was focused on.

I think Miles mentioned Peter briefly in the first issue of this run. Saying that he couldn't turn to him for advice because Pete was acting 'weird', but he didn't seem too upset about it.

So while Miles has somewhat alluded to some of the drama surrounding Pete, he hasn't brought it up enough for this interaction to feel natural imo.

Rare for the two to team up on page unless it's a Spider-men book but there is some sort of in-universe 'group chat' or something. They've always been apprised of the others stories through the grapevine or some such even if they only mention things in passing. There was communication just none that was focused on.
    Ah yes, the group-chat. Trying to make Superhero families seem closer and more connected even though they barely hang or interact on-panel .
    I think Miles mentioned Peter briefly in the first issue of this run. Saying that he couldn't turn to him for advice because Pete was acting 'weird', but he didn't seem too upset about it.

So while Miles has somewhat alluded to some of the drama surrounding Pete, he hasn't brought it up enough for this interaction to feel natural imo.
    And also just that it feels like Miles has like 10 other people he could turn to instead of Peter, so it doesn't feel as egregious (in my opinion).

Fantastic Member

So on twitter people were complaining about Miles having a sword with weird conspiracy theories saying they keep amping Miles's powers that they will make him a new hero later. People asked if this is true to Cody and he responded that Editorial hasn't defined the limits of what Miles can do just that it drains him and if Cody wanted to give Miles a sword it needed a name and he called it "Venom Saber." Taking references from Vegito from DBZ/Super, Kuwabara from Yu Yu hakusho, and Gundam's beam saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    So on twitter people were complaining about Miles having a sword with weird conspiracy theories saying they keep amping Miles's powers that they will make him a new hero later. People asked if this is true to Cody and he responded that Editorial hasn't defined the limits of what Miles can do just that it drains him and if Cody wanted to give Miles a sword it needed a name and he called it "Venom Saber." Taking references from Vegito from DBZ/Super, Kuwabara from Yu Yu hakusho, and Gundam's beam saber.
    I legitimately don't understand how anyone could arrive at that theory when we have not only just gotten an extremely popular and successful videogame with Miles as Spider-Man, wherein his powers are far more amped than comics Miles, but also an ongoing team book team up book titled "Spectacular Spider-Men" was announced less than two weeks ago. Then again it's comics Twitter and they just say anything over there and people just believe it.

Some people like to get bent out of shape about almost anything Miles does lol. Especially if it makes him look good/cool.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I legitimately don't understand how anyone could arrive at that theory when we have not only just gotten an extremely popular and successful videogame with Miles as Spider-Man, wherein his powers are far more amped than comics Miles, but also an ongoing team book team up book titled "Spectacular Spider-Men" was announced less than two weeks ago. Then again it's comics Twitter and they just say anything over there and people just believe it.
    Some people like to get bent out of shape about almost anything Miles does lol. Especially if it makes him look good/cool.

In a nutshell, people are bent out of shape about the very existence of Miles Morales because they see him as a threat to Peter Parker's validity as Spider-Man. Before anyone brings up Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099, that's decades ahead of present continuity, by which point Peter and Miles would both be long dead in-universe, so Miguel isn't quite as "threatening" to Peter's validity as (some) people perceive Miles to be. And then there's the entire can of worms that is Ben Reilly, who was literally a clone of Peter and therefore regarded as "Peter, but blond," even if his actual story was vastly more complex than that. Hell, if there's any successor that they ought to get bent out of shape over, it's Otto Octavius/Superior Spider-Man, as his whole thing was predicated on being a "better" Spider-Man than Peter despite hijacking Peter's body and trading on Peter's good name in both identities to accomplish his goals, none of which Miles ever did or tried to do.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I've seen some people speculating they're ramping up Miles' powers so he can take over for Peter who is increasingly ineffectual in his own book .

Looks like a fight and a team up for the giant sized. Maybe Dylan was going all "lethal protector" on one of those goons and Morales steps in to stop it?

Miles starting to chew into Peter there. I'm glad he's showing some emotion though considering his friend died during that whole mess. Even though Kamala basically came right back.
    Does he know that though? Hopefully we'll find out when she guests in his book, but right now we don't know that he remembers she ever died, thanks to Emma making everyone forget Kamala Khan died (even Bruno had to be told later, so knowing Kamala is Ms. Marvel doesn't mean you kept your knowledge of her death). And she doesn't seem to have contacted the Champions, considering Ironheart didn't know anything about what Tony and the X-Men have been up to since the Hellfire Gala. It was mentioned that Tony didn't keep her in the loop, obviously neither did Kamala, so she might not have spoken to Miles either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was under the assumption Miles would be getting Venom-Saber techniques for his 3rd tier of skills when it came to Spider-Man 2 DLC. Inspired by Martin Li who also used a sword against him in that boss battle.