Page 16 of 131 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    That's because she is not really mad at the unjust system she is just mad she wasn't the one who benefited from it.
    I'm thinking it might be a case of her being mad at both.

It just so happens that the one who did benefit from it is within easier reach for her to vent her anger out on despite that someone not deserving it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Good discussion so far, though I'd mention that if Raneem/Rabble was to go after the unfair system instead of focusing on Miles, she might end up being viewed by some as a retread of Insomniac Games' Spider-Man: Miles Morales's take on the Tinkerer.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

can Miles' webbing be something else besides purple? Like, red... or black.. tweak the formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good discussion so far, though I'd mention that if Raneem/Rabble was to go after the unfair system instead of focusing on Miles, she might end up being viewed by some as a retread of Insomniac Games' Spider-Man: Miles Morales's take on the Tinkerer.
    That's very true and it was already hard for me to not to see comparisons between her and Phin. Raneem might just be Ziglar's loose adaptation of Phin with his own spin to it, but so far I'm okay with it as long as he keeps giving her layers to her character that differentiates herself from the Tinkerer.

Also check out her eyes when she's using her tech unmasked and in the flashback of her fixing her dad's cash register as a child. They are definitely glowing violet and she definitely has powers.

Also also, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first teenage villain around Miles' age for his rogues gallery in the 616?

The only other possible character I can think of is Tomoe the Technogolem, but they left her age vague. I assume she's around Miles' age since she was attracted to him but maybe a year or two older.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 02-02-2023 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    can Miles' webbing be something else besides purple? Like, red... or black.. tweak the formula.
    Wait, it looks purple to you?

His webbing has a sky blue tint to me. It also give of a very faint glowing impression for the darker scenes in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd definitely be down for Miles to get his energy webs back or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Also also, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first teenage villain around Miles' age for his rogue gallery in the 616?
    I think so. I thought Bumbler was supposed to be close to Miles' age, but the way Federico draws him he looks a fair bit older than Miles. Or maybe he just draw Miles a bit smaller than he was in Ahmed's run, lol.

The only other possible character I can think of is Tomoe the Technogolem, but they left her age vague. I assume she's around Miles' age since she was attracted to him but maybe a year or two older.
    When Tomoe debuted in Invincible Iron Man, some of the language used to describe her implied that she was pretty young. Zhang on the other hand is supposed to be noticeably older than Tomoe. It might not be obvious to the reader, but apparently it is in-universe.

Tomoe always struck me as being 19-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tomoe always struck me as being 19-20.
    Yeah the way Bendis wrote her dialogue and the way she carried herself made her at least appear a lot older than she could of been.

Based on her back story, it seems she one of those "had to grow up too fast" characters who are more mature inwardly than their actual physical age

Putting her next to Miles or Riri though does make it look like she's within their age range though.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    You know I don't have a problem personally with Gao and her squad, I think they could potentially be an interesting antagonistic force for Miles. But they feel a little too repetitive after Miles had to deal with C.R.A.D.L.E not too long ago in his own book. I know Cody didn't invent this particular task force, it's spinning out of the Devil's Reign event, but still...
    Yeah. The Powers Act coming from Devil's Reign has kind of made Outlawed completely moot - if you're in New York, you're still Outlawed, despite Kamala's Law being repealed. It's probably the reason the Champions aren't active now. It must've been demoralising for them, and if they did want to have a meeting they'd probably need to visit either Viv, Riri, or Sam's home bases, as they're in Washington, Chicago and Arizona, not New York. New Jersey is too close - while both Ms. Marvel and Wasp are based there, the older Wasp had to evade these same goons in her mini's first issue last month (Janet was flying from her new bar to GIRL to see Nadia).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    That's because she is not really mad at the unjust system she is just mad she wasn't the one who benefited from it.

Raneem's powers, of being able to understand technology do not make her intelligent, they seem to be an innate ability, also being smart doesn't make someone an empathetic person.

She sees Miles as undeserving because he simply got lucky, both in terms of getting into the school and getting Spider-powers.
    These are good points. Just a minor clarification. I assume she's smart because she was able to make it into the lottery to get into Miles' school, not because she understands technology. I also tend to forget that hypocrites come in all shapes and sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Many people who are smart and able in some ways are terribly dense in others. Often they're the more dense for thinking that because they're exceptionally smart in one area they must therefore be equally smart in other areas.
    A very good/fair point. It was just hard for me to make that jump with her character.

Fantastic Member

So, i got around to issue 3 and here's what i thought:

The negatives were basically almost the same as the other issues, Cody has a thing for writing weirs a$$ dialogue that no one actually would say in real life lol. Sure it's superhero comics and grandstanding and being over the top has been the name of the game but to me it's a fine line between campy, flashy and creative and just kinda cringe and imersion breaking, i think he needs to work on that a bit.

Another thing was touched by some here and that is rabble's motivations. Now, here's the thing, we've speculated it had something to do with Miles getting into Brooklyn visions, but it got to a point in the arbitrarity of it all that i just can't care much for her plight as a character, no matter how tragic her backstory is (especially since miles has nothing to do with her going ''over the edge'' so to say). I mean, if you think about it, by her standards, she could be pissed at literally anybody involved in the whole process. Why Miles? Why not the dude who pulled the ball from the globe? Why not the whole school? The answer she gave Tiana for discriminating Miles was an answer, sure, but to me it was like reading Sauron saying he didn't WANT to cure cancer cause he WANTED to turn ppl into dinossaurs, cool for a side-story, lame for basing off your new high profile villain.

And the worst part of it to top it off is that, bro, you're a meta-human tech genius, who even gives a **** about brooklyn visions, you're set for life at literally any high end tech company for the rest of your life and could probably just take the pick of the litter. So what was actually lost here besides her mom to an unrelated incident?

Positively, the art is still awesome, hope it sticks around for as long as possible. I enjoy rabble's visual concept, it's growing on me. I guess the pacing is back on a good track, that issue 2 could have moved a bit further than it did, but w/e. And, most of all, Cody seems to have fun with the story, even if i don't enjoy his dialogues most of the time, i enjoy his desire to build the narrative around the established characters in Miles' mythos, for better or worse.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclus...ent-exclusive/

Seems like Miles might be the the main spider in this one. So far no sign of Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

Seems like Miles might be the the main spider in this one. So far no sign of Peter
    Looks like Ziglar is co-writing the event so yeah, this will be Miles centric from the sounds of it. I do believe this is also the very first Miles centric crossover event. At least in the 616; was there any back in his Ultimate Universe days?
    Last edited by Grimm911; 02-09-2023 at 03:02 PM.

CARNAGE REIGNS ALPHA #1 – On Sale 5/3

Written by ALEX PAKNADEL & CODY ZIGLAR
    Art by JULIUS OHTA AND MORE!
    Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

CARNAGE VS. MILES MORALES!

CLETUS KASADY IS BACK and badder than ever. With his soul trapped within the Extrembiote Armor created by Tony Stark during KING IN BLACK, Cletus has the means to level an untold amount of chaos and, well, carnage on New York City and the entire Marvel Universe. But like any good Tony Stark invention, the Extremis coursing through Cletus’ symbiotic veins needs POWER, and that means Cletus is HUNGRY.

Good thing Brooklyn’s very own SPIDER-MAN is there to stand in his way! If he survives their first encounter, that is.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #6 – On Sale 5/17

Written by CODY ZIGLAR
    Art by FEDERICO VICENTINI
    Cover by DIKE RUAN

“CARNAGE REIGNS”– PART 2!

No matter what MILES MORALES throws at CLETUS KASADY, the Extrembiote-powered monstrosity just keeps coming. And Cletus is only getting stronger. But how? Spider-Man needs help. A distraction, a second to breathe. Anything, or anyone, to give him a chance – any chance – at slowing Cletus down. But Miles can’t rest. Help isn’t coming. He’s the only thing standing between New York City and maximum carnage…and if the heroes aren’t answering Miles’ calls…who’s left on Spidey’s speed dial?

CARNAGE #13 – On Sale 5/31

Written by ALEX PAKNADEL
    Art by FRANCESCO MANNA
    Cover by KENDRICK “kunkka” LIM

“CARNAGE REIGNS” – PART 3!

Returning to and fortifying his underground stronghold from the days of ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, Cletus Kasady sets his sights on even greater and gorier heights as Extremis demands blood!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

Can't say I'd have ever guessed this, but it could be interesting. Definitely cool to see Miles listed as the headliner though.