Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    An article by ScreenRant addressing a complaint I've had concerning the way Miles is sometimes written. Especially most recently.

Marvel Is Failing Miles Morales by Pretending He's a Rookie (He Isn't)
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-failin...es-spider-man/

This is another article from last year that complements it somewhat.

10 Most Powerful Marvel Characters That Miles Morales Has Beaten In A Fight
    https://screenrant.com/powerful-best...efeated-fight/

This covers Miles' feats across different media.
    The part about being more experience than some older heroes is something that really needs to be remembered, just because some heroes have been around longer doesn't mean they've managed to accomplished much. Not mention he's definitely one of, if not the most, experienced heroes in his generation. (depending on who you consider part of it) It wasn't too long ago he took on the more experienced hero role for the new Darkhawk and it wasn't portrayed as if it was something he struggled to do.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The part about being more experience than some older heroes is something that really needs to be remembered, just because some heroes have been around longer doesn't mean they've managed to accomplished much. Not mention he's definitely one of, if not the most, experienced heroes in his generation. (depending on who you consider part of it) It wasn't too long ago he took on the more experienced hero role for the new Darkhawk and it wasn't portrayed as if it was something he struggled to do.
    Uh-huh. Hell, a similar issue exists with Peter Parker/Spider-Man as well, since he did start as a teenager while most of the other superheroes of the time (except for the original X-Men and the Fantastic Four's Human Torch) were already adults, and even then, he was accomplishing more with a lot less going for him, comparatively speaking. Of course, Marvel has seen fit in more recent years to downgrade Peter in terms of overall competence and maturity as a hero, so making Miles out to be less experienced than he actually is . . . may be par for the course, sadly.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

An article by ScreenRant addressing a complaint I've had concerning the way Miles is sometimes written. Especially most recently.

Marvel Is Failing Miles Morales by Pretending He's a Rookie (He Isn't)
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-failin...es-spider-man/

This is another article from last year that complements it somewhat.

10 Most Powerful Marvel Characters That Miles Morales Has Beaten In A Fight
    https://screenrant.com/powerful-best...efeated-fight/

This covers Miles' feats across different media.
    Yeah I agree. I don't mind Miles picking up or honing skills he doesn't use regularly, but he shouldn't have to start at a zero point. Makes it seems like he's goofing to prop these other heroes up.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Miles CAN'T still be 16. He was already 16 when he arrived on Earth-616, and Rio wasn't even pregnant with Billie yet. And we've seen Miles have TWO birthdays since then (one in that annual before Ahmed's run started, the other during Ahmed's run). He should be 18. Ahmed even ended his run with Miles getting accepted for college - he shouldn't still be at Brooklyn Visions. Was Miles just de-aged? Kamala Khan was also 16 just after Secret Wars, and she now has a job. In another spider book, too, so the editors know it!
    teen superheroes getting habitually aged down, tale as old as time. maybe they're doing it because of spiderverse
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    teen superheroes getting habitually aged down, tale as old as time. maybe they're doing it because of spiderverse
    Nah, That Miles would be 17/18 given in the first movie he was 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Nah, That Miles would be 17/18 given in the first movie he was 15.
    Plus they've already stated the movie is partially about Miles growing up and leaving the nest. At this rate movie and game Miles might end up older than comic Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Plus they've already stated the movie is partially about Miles growing up and leaving the nest. At this rate movie and game Miles might end up older than comic Miles.
    Possibly. Beyond the Spiderverse is back to back sequel so it's release won't be too far from ATSV. There will probably be a sizable gap between Spider-man 2 and 3 though due to huge increase of time needed for modern game development anywhere from 3-5 years. Even if Ziglar de-aged Morales a bit there'd be some half a decade before you'd see the older versions again. Technically that's plenty of time to catch up. I'm not sure how time is going to pass across the two movies but I'm fairly positive Miles will be out of High School in Spider-man 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Possibly. Beyond the Spiderverse is back to back sequel so it's release won't be too far from ATSV. There will probably be a sizable gap between Spider-man 2 and 3 though due to huge increase of time needed for modern game development anywhere from 3-5 years. Even if Ziglar de-aged Morales a bit there'd be some half a decade before you'd see the older versions again. Technically that's plenty of time to catch up. I'm not sure how time is going to pass across the two movies but I'm fairly positive Miles will be out of High School in Spider-man 2.
    I think Beyond the Spiderverse will still be treated as a part two to ATSV so there won't even be a time skip. I was more so implying if they made another movie after BTSV that version of Miles would be older than comic Miles. And agreed the odds of game Miles being out of High School in Spider-Man 2 is fairly likely.

Marvel Voices: Spider-Verse has been announced. Releasing April 5th.

Cody Ziglar will be writing a Spider-Punk story. No word so far on who will be writing Miles'.

Marvel Voices: Spider-Verse has been announced. Releasing April 5th.

Cody Ziglar will be writing a Spider-Punk story. No word so far on who will be writing Miles'.
    Should be an interesting read, all around.

CODY ZIGLAR (W) • FEDERICO VICENTINI (A) • Cover by DIKE RUAN
    Variant Cover by TBA
    Timeless Electro Virgin Sketch Variant by Alex Ross
    Timeless Electro Virgin Variant by Alex Ross
    SPIDEY’S LAST STAND!
    New foe RABBLE is superior to SPIDER-MAN in every way. With terrifying abilities, an army of deadly attack drones, and a new class of Spider-Slayer with the stolen powers of CLASSIFIED, she’s got MILES running scared, desperate to find a way – any way – of fighting back. Miles finally has a plan, and he’s ready to counterattack to save the ones he loves… but he’s just played into Rabble’s hand and thwip’d right into the jaws of her trap!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Variant Cover by TBA
    SPIDEY’S LAST STAND!
    New foe RABBLE is superior to SPIDER-MAN in every way. With terrifying abilities, an army of deadly attack drones, and a new class of Spider-Slayer with the stolen powers of CLASSIFIED, she’s got MILES running scared, desperate to find a way – any way – of fighting back. Miles finally has a plan, and he’s ready to counterattack to save the ones he loves… but he’s just played into Rabble’s hand and thwip’d right into the jaws of her trap!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    5th issue of the arc? Ziglar said he's confirmed at least 12 issues right?

Variant Cover by TBA
    SPIDEY’S LAST STAND!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Is this supposed to be the last issue of the arc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    5th issue of the arc? Ziglar said he's confirmed at least 12 issues right?
    Yeah, he's only confirmed for 12. If the fifth issue isn't last for the arc I'm a little surprised he'd dedicate so much time to it. I guess maybe he's confident in it showcasing his writing abilities. I will say though it is nice to see an arc actually hit five issues after what we had before.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-19-2023 at 03:22 PM.

Issue one of this was really good, definitely going to get to. I especially loved the art and miles just comes off as a good guy trying to do the right thing. It was nice to see he was able to call his parents and they support him, there was a lot crammed into the issue. every single panel was full of bursting motion and vibrant colors. I am wondering what's going on with Raheen, though she seemed kind at the beginning she is coming off as a hater by the end which one can be both i guess.

some of my fave panels, really all of them were.
    spoilers:
    keepthatsame.jpg
    familyandscenery.jpg
    swingfree.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Issue one of this was really good, definitely going to get to. I especially loved the art and miles just comes off as a good guy trying to do the right thing. It was nice to see he was able to call his parents and they support him, there was a lot crammed into the issue. every single panel was full of bursting motion and vibrant colors. I am wondering what's going on with Raheen, though she seemed kind at the beginning she is coming off as a hater by the end which one can be both i guess.

some of my fave panels, really all of them were.
    spoilers:
    keepthatsame.jpg
    familyandscenery.jpg
    swingfree.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Glad you enjoyed it, and yeah, quintessential Spider-Man right there.