Page 17 of 131 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

I wonder how many parts this cross event will be since the article only gives us the prequel and as they said, "the first three parts"?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I wonder how many parts this cross event will be since the article only gives us the prequel and as they said, "the first three parts"?
    It'll be seven parts starting in May and ending in June.

I have to roll my eyes at another Symbiote/Carnage event, but I guess it's interesting that Miles is at the center of this. Will they try to make Carnage a villain for Miles?

Neat. I wonder if this is a lead into the summer of symbiotes thing that was teased in the FCBD Spider-man/Venom book? Or is that something completely different.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Neat. I wonder if this is a lead into the summer of symbiotes thing that was teased in the FCBD Spider-man/Venom book? Or is that something completely different.
    I think they could intersect at some point, since the "main" event for Summer of Symbiotes seems to be "Death of the Venomverse," following End of the Spider-Verse over in Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Seems like Summer of Symbiotes starts before or during this event.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...carnage-reigns
    As the Summer of Symbiotes continues to unleash across Marvel Comics, CARNAGE REIGNS will kick off this May in a giant-sized alpha one-shot before unfolding in both character’s respective ongoing solo titles. Crafted by guest CARNAGE writer Alex Paknadel and current MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN writer Cody Ziglar, this visceral saga promises to be one of Miles’ most intense clashes as Carnage forces the young hero to confront brutality he’s never experienced in his time as Spider-Man.

Readers of both series will see the story build on current plot developments, including Carnage’s extreme transformation and the tolls Miles’ Super Hero career have taken on his personal life. The seven-part crossover will also tie into an upcoming issue of Alex Paknadel and Jan Bazaldua's RED GOBLIN series and wrap up in June’s CARNAGE REIGNS OMEGA #1. It will feature art by an all-star lineup of talent, including Julius Ohta as well as MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN and CARNAGE’s regular artists, Marvel Stormbreaker Federico Vicentini and Francesco Manna.

Cletus Kasady is back and badder than ever. With his soul trapped within the Extrembiote Armor created by Tony Stark during KING IN BLACK, Cletus has the means to level an untold amount of chaos and, well, carnage on New York City and the entire Marvel Universe. But like any good Tony Stark invention, the Extremis coursing through Cletus’ symbiotic veins needs power, and that means Cletus is hungry. Good thing Brooklyn’s very own Spider-Man is there to stand in his way! If he survives their first encounter, that is.

"CARNAGE REIGNS is an old-fashioned David and Goliath story pitting a greener Spider-Man against the most sadistic monster in the Marvel Universe—Cletus Kasady!” Paknadel explained to Bloody Disgusting. “Miles has only been this out of his depth on a handful of occasions, which is a gift from a storytelling perspective. I've really enjoyed crafting this tale with Cody Ziglar, and we’ve developed a really fun, really productive working shorthand and that fun is present on the page! We know this story will satisfy fans of both characters in their first-ever crossover!”

I didn't know that Ram V was ending his run on Carnage

He isn't. The Marvel.com article refers to Alex Paknadel as a guest writer. It's just Red Goblin's writer taking over a for a couple of issues before handing back to the regular writer, just like how this week's and the next issue of Amazing Spider-Man were written by Black Cat's writer Jed MacKay instead of Zeb Wells.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    just like how this week's and the next issue of Amazing Spider-Man were written by Black Cat's writer Jed MacKay instead of Zeb Wells.
    Pedantic point: It's Joe Kelly, not Jed MacKay.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Niffleheim

I barely enjoy the main Miles book written by Ziglar why would I want to add to that?
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-10-2023 at 08:27 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I barely enjoy the main Miles book written by Ziglar why would I want to add to that?
    TBH i think Ziglar might be a better writer when he is under a more scrutinized editorial supervision, maybe this being a big event with the cash cow Carnage brand they try to reel in his more annoying characteristics back a bit. Thats my interest in it, and Miles of course, since i feel we get a Carnage/Symbiote event like every other semester.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He isn't. The Marvel.com article refers to Alex Paknadel as a guest writer. It's just Red Goblin's writer taking over a for a couple of issues before handing back to the regular writer, just like how this week's and the next issue of Amazing Spider-Man were written by Black Cat's writer Jed MacKay instead of Zeb Wells.
    AH ok thanks, I was disappointed to see him leave the title.

I'm hoping Miles hangs out with Normie and Dylan from the Venom. I never cared for Carnage so I preffer if the event was shorter. Miles meeting the other symbiotes feels like a better use of it's time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping Miles hangs out with Normie and Dylan from the Venom. I never cared for Carnage so I preffer if the event was shorter. Miles meeting the other symbiotes feels like a better use of it's time.
    That would be cool, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

MM:SM #4 variant by Tyler Kirkham:

Connecting variants by Lucio Parrillo: