Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Happy new year everyone! Best wishes for everything related to Miles. Hope it only gets bigger and better from here on

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Cosigning all of you. Hopefully Cody Ziglar can stick the landing for Miles in comics, because I doubt Across the Spider-Verse or Insomniac Games' Spider-Man 2 will disappoint.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigning all of you. Hopefully Cody Ziglar can stick the landing for Miles in comics, because I doubt Across the Spider-Verse or Insomniac Games' Spider-Man 2 will disappoint.
    Yeah, those are big acts to follow. I hope Cody's got swag. More importantly let's hope Marvel really brings that big energy for our guy Miles, no more cheesy output like the horrible What If mini.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah, those are big acts to follow. I hope Cody's got swag. More importantly let's hope Marvel really brings that big energy for our guy Miles, no more cheesy output like the horrible What If mini.
    Yeah, I can definitely cosign that.

Fantastic Member

just got done with issue #2 of double trouble and the design for the mysterio understudy looked pretty cool, if we can get a nice proper super-villain suit i'd see her debut on the main books to stir it up.

However, there seems to be a pretty vocal sub-sect of fans that frown heavily upon anything they propose for Miles' stories that is inspired by elements originally from ASM. I dunno, i favour original characters as often as possible for the main stories of Miles' book, but to me part of the appeal of Miles since Ultimate-U is shaking up old concepts from ASM for the new millenium, so i'd be cool with it. Lets just not have a Nu-Sinister Six with evil Tiana, kid mysterio, the doc ock girl from the syndicate or some sh*t like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    just got done with issue #2 of double trouble and the design for the mysterio understudy looked pretty cool, if we can get a nice proper super-villain suit i'd see her debut on the main books to stir it up.

However, there seems to be a pretty vocal sub-sect of fans that frown heavily upon anything they propose for Miles' stories that is inspired by elements originally from ASM. I dunno, i favour original characters as often as possible for the main stories of Miles' book, but to me part of the appeal of Miles since Ultimate-U is shaking up old concepts from ASM for the new millenium, so i'd be cool with it. Lets just not have a Nu-Sinister Six with evil Tiana, kid mysterio, the doc ock girl from the syndicate or some sh*t like that.
    I don't mind older villains or Parker staples popping up in the book as long as the interaction and dynamic is unique, (which it should be since Miles isn't Peter) like Rhino. I think Adrian has some good potential, especially if he found out about his granddaughter and Miles are dating. If you get to see another aspect of the character by interacting with someone other than Peter than I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post

Yeah, Bendis already tried giving Miles his own Sinister Six and that didn't quite pan out. That said, I'd much prefer Carolyn Trainer, the aforementioned Lady (Doctor) Octopus, go after Ben Reilly again, since she did start off as a foe of his and was responsible for ruining his reputation as the Scarlet Spider, forcing him to take up the mantle of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    I don't mind older villains or Parker staples popping up in the book as long as the interaction and dynamic is unique, (which it should be since Miles isn't Peter) like Rhino. I think Adrian has some good potential, especially if he found out about his granddaughter and Miles are dating. If you get to see another aspect of the character by interacting with someone other than Peter than I'm all for it.
    Generally cosigned. I like that Miles and Rhino have a mutual respect between them compared to how things usually go down between Peter and Rhino. And yes, considering how Adrian went for Peter's throat after Tiana severed all ties with him because Peter revealed to her that Adrian was a remorseless murderer, I imagine he'd take Tiana dating Miles --- even if a lot of us here don't necessarily like how the relationship's been depicted or handled thus far --- even more poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally cosigned. I like that Miles and Rhino have a mutual respect between them compared to how things usually go down between Peter and Rhino. And yes, considering how Adrian went for Peter's throat after Tiana severed all ties with him because Peter revealed to her that Adrian was a remorseless murderer, I imagine he'd take Tiana dating Miles --- even if a lot of us here don't necessarily like how the relationship's been depicted or handled thus far --- even more poorly.
    Even if it would be more of a retread of Miles' relationship with Lana and her mother it would give the pairing some kind of weight as opposed to the nothing it feels like now.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, to me that's the best part about Miles hopping over to 616, the fact that he can play off of characters that have a different, established dynamic with the original Spider-Man. That way they can/should build up Miles as even more distinct from Peter by having his unique traits be more evident, like the fact he isn't as insufferable with his wisecracking or how he's prone to anger outbursts.

As much as the Ahmed run underwhelmed me, i have to say i do tip my cap to how he acknowledged Mile's notable sense of fashion, something Peter has never been known for due to him being a massive old-school nerd. It's the little things like that that make Miles' character become stronger and more recognizable as a brand even.

Fantastic Member

I like how Miles likes science but even though his not a genius like Peter he isn't a slouch either, to even make him more unique Miles loves art,music, and fashion, something Peter has never known to care for.

Astonishing Member

I feel that Ziglar is perfect for Miles and had a banger of a start. Couple that with the movie and this could very well be Miles' year.

It really is a strong start for Miles this year, just this month he's guaranteed to be in at least four comics. And three until at least March; plus with the movie coming in June he'll likely get another before then; and I believe the game is coming in Fall so Miles content will be plentiful for a while.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-03-2023 at 11:02 AM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I just found this, it's by (I think) Ivan Tao, but I don't know if it has already been posted or not:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I just found this, it's by (I think) Ivan Tao, but I don't know if it has already been posted or not:

ok, thats it, i'm following Tao on social media, this is clearly a man after my own heart with the Gwiles shipping, and every cover is always a banger, art-wise. Miles has NOT been skipping leg day on this one tho

Yeah, Ivan's been killing it with these Miles variants.