Page 30 of 131 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And it would be definitely cool if the upgrade foreshadowed for Miles was the Advanced Tech Suit from Insomniac Games' Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

8038740-miles-morales_advanced-tech-suit.jpg
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If the upgrade is tech based I don't know from who it could be. Riri or Tony wouldn't really be unexpected and Rabble seems very unlikely as of now. If it's a symbiote I don't know who it could be, maybe one or even all of the Life Foundation symbiotes since Hybrid's colors already work well with Miles' suit. Besides them I think the only free symbiote is Sleeper who could also possibly work.

If it's tech based, maybe Ceres could give him something. Aaron could convince her to lend Miles some power armor. Or the Maker could show up and it'll somehow tie into Ultimate Invasion, which I think comes out the same day as issue #7.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    That's a possibility. It'd be quite the way have the team jump back in the limelight. Doesn't feel too long since we've seen them though. There was Outlawed and they assembled briefly in Devil's Reign helping out Jessica Jones. I'm always happy to see Lana again though.
    Devil's Reign appears to have destroyed the Champions. It ended with new mayor Luke Cage powerless to stop Kingpin's last edict, the Powers Act, from coming into force. Which meant almost immediately after the Champs successfully got Kamala's Law repealed, half the team (the ones based in New York, and probably New Jersey based Wasp and Ms. Marvel as well since they work in New York) were Outlawed AGAIN. Kamala referred to them in the past tense in her team-up with the X-Men last year. The only time since then that there's been any indication of the team's continued activity is in last month's Scarlet Witch #2, where they specifically mention getting Viv back to the team at the end of the issue. Maybe they took a hiatus but are about to come back?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    If it's tech based, maybe Ceres could give him something. Aaron could convince her to lend Miles some power armor. Or the Maker could show up and it'll somehow tie into Ultimate Invasion, which I think comes out the same day as issue #7.
    Ceres or Maker giving Miles something of a technological boost to help him against Carnage could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Devil's Reign appears to have destroyed the Champions. It ended with new mayor Luke Cage powerless to stop Kingpin's last edict, the Powers Act, from coming into force. Which meant almost immediately after the Champs successfully got Kamala's Law repealed, half the team (the ones based in New York, and probably New Jersey based Wasp and Ms. Marvel as well since they work in New York) were Outlawed AGAIN. Kamala referred to them in the past tense in her team-up with the X-Men last year. The only time since then that there's been any indication of the team's continued activity is in last month's Scarlet Witch #2, where they specifically mention getting Viv back to the team at the end of the issue. Maybe they took a hiatus but are about to come back?
    Hopefully, yeah.

Pretty sure Miles' upgrade will come from Tony since he appears on the cover for the Carnage Reigns Alpha issue. And since Cletus' upgrade comes from Iron Man's Extrembiote armor then it would make a fair amount of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Pretty sure Miles' upgrade will come from Tony since he appears on the cover for the Carnage Reigns Alpha issue. And since Cletus' upgrade comes from Iron Man's Extrembiote armor then it would make a fair amount of sense.
    Perhaps but it was also explained as help from "the most unexpected allies". Tony isn't really an unexpected ally since he's on the cover of the Carnage Reigns Alpha issue.

And is his old Avengers teammate.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And is his old Avengers teammate.
    That was a thing for a hot minute...

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Given Normie's involvement in the story, if I had to guess who the "unexpected ally" is the smart money would just be Norman Osborn. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Given Normie's involvement in the story, if I had to guess who the "unexpected ally" is the smart money would just be Norman Osborn. lol
    Oh, I didn't even think that Norman might come into play here. But yeah it would be interesting given his grandson's involvement as the Red Goblin.

Future Billie's making a comeback.

EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3 (OF 4)
    Written by DAN SLOTT & DAVID BETANCOURT
    Art by HUMBERTO RAMOS & JULIAN SHAW
    Cover by PATRICK BROWN
    On Sale 6/21

After her hit debut last year in Saladin Ahmed and artist Christopher Allen’s MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN, Miles’ sister Billie Morales’s alter ego is still needed in the revolutionary future timeline known as the Empire of the Spider! See the return of SPIDER SMASHER in an all-new story by writer David Betancourt and artist Julian Shaw!

Fans are on the edge of their seats awaiting the introduction of Dan Slott and Mark Bagley’s top secret new Spider-hero in next month’s SPIDER-MAN #7! After that, don’t miss this issue where Slott teams up with artist Humberto Ramos to reveal his stunning backstory!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/21/ed...e-3-dan-slott/

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Future Billie's making a comeback.

EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3 (OF 4)
    Written by DAN SLOTT & DAVID BETANCOURT
    Art by HUMBERTO RAMOS & JULIAN SHAW
    Cover by PATRICK BROWN
    On Sale 6/21

After her hit debut last year in Saladin Ahmed and artist Christopher Allen’s MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN, Miles’ sister Billie Morales’s alter ego is still needed in the revolutionary future timeline known as the Empire of the Spider! See the return of SPIDER SMASHER in an all-new story by writer David Betancourt and artist Julian Shaw!

Fans are on the edge of their seats awaiting the introduction of Dan Slott and Mark Bagley’s top secret new Spider-hero in next month’s SPIDER-MAN #7! After that, don’t miss this issue where Slott teams up with artist Humberto Ramos to reveal his stunning backstory!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/21/ed...e-3-dan-slott/
    Not something I was really asking for, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not something I was really asking for, but okay.
    I don't think anyone was, and if we're being honest it's probably just to give this new spider character a backstory. Also with Selim gone it's not really a "revolutionary future timeline", Selim never made it out of Brooklynn unless outside the dome was just as bad as the inside for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I don't think anyone was, and if we're being honest it's probably just to give this new spider character a backstory. Also with Selim gone it's not really a "revolutionary future timeline", Selim never made it out of Brooklynn unless outside the dome was just as bad as the inside for some reason.
    You never know . . .