Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Miles #2 preview:https://comicbook.com/comics/news/mi...iend-starling/

Real funny how she's getting on Miles' case about not responding to her calls/texts, when she did the exact same thing to him. And when Miles asked her about it, she somehow tried to make him look like the badguy.
    And she's on speaking terms with Ganke too?

What does Tiana even do outside her costume? Is she a legal adult? Does she go to college? It seems like she's Starling 24/7.

I dunno, she just feels too high maintenance and abrasive for Miles.

Thanks for the Preview. High tension it seems on the relationship front.
    Real funny how she's getting on Miles' case about not responding to her calls/texts, when she did the exact same thing to him. And when Miles asked her about it, she somehow tried to make him look like the badguy.
    Yeah that is pretty funny. This thing with Tiana always seemed a bit rocky but it might be reaching some sort of breaking point.

Tiana is young enough to have been Outlawed, but doesn't seem to go to school, so I think she's college aged.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

What does Tiana even do outside her costume? Is she a legal adult? Does she go to college? It seems like she's Starling 24/7.

She seems too high maintenance and abrasive to be LIKEABLE, let alone be pushed as she was as the main love interest for the past year (had more page time than any other miles romance yet, even if you count ''sitting in a tree''). TBF, many key characters felt under-developed under Ahmed, so she wasn't a special case, but everytime she did get the time she's always come off as plain unlikeable, as if they're going for endearing fiery hot-head with a heart of gold and end up with hysterical over-bearing dragon lady.

Doesn't help that being a Miles romance and related to the vulture is all she is as of yet, makes these traits stand out even more. If all they made her to be as a character is a girlfriend and they make her out as a bad girlfriend, then she ends up being just plain bad, which is regrettable, but whatevs, i always liked Gwen and bombshell more anyway.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    She seems too high maintenance and abrasive to be LIKEABLE, let alone be pushed as she was as the main love interest for the past year (had more page time than any other miles romance yet, even if you count ''sitting in a tree''). TBF, many key characters felt under-developed under Ahmed, so she wasn't a special case, but everytime she did get the time she's always come off as plain unlikeable, as if they're going for endearing fiery hot-head with a heart of gold and end up with hysterical over-bearing dragon lady.

Doesn't help that being a Miles romance and related to the vulture is all she is as of yet, makes these traits stand out even more. If all they made her to be as a character is a girlfriend and they make her out as a bad girlfriend, then she ends up being just plain bad, which is regrettable, but whatevs, i always liked Gwen and bombshell more anyway.
    I'm still hoping Bombshell comes back at some point in this run.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Tiana's 19, on her own in I believe an Old Hideout/apartment from her grandfather Adrian. It's rare to see her out of costume though, the 1st time was in #42. Tiana is friends with Lana though and Lana is also friends with Ganke, a sort of friend of a friend thing? If Miles really was going recluse, talking to Lee would be the easiest way of seeing what was going on.

Fantastic Member

Unrelated: Left Ivan Tao a message for new years praising his cover work and for keeping the Gwen/Miles train going and he responded shortly after, seems like a really sweet guy. Really talented too

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Unrelated: Left Ivan Tao a message for new years praising his cover work and for keeping the Gwen/Miles train going and he responded shortly after, seems like a really sweet guy. Really talented too
    Very cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I hope the solicits aren't just being dramatic and Miles' "relationship" with Tiana is the thing that doesn't make it out because that conversation was just abhorrent. Let the arc have some permanent consequences, just please get her out of the book.

If Tiana does go the way of the dodo, I'd be kinda curious to see what relationship would take it's place, if any. Around here at least it seems Lana is a very popular choice. A poll might be interesting.

Lana, Gwen, building something up with Tomoe...I feel like almost anything would be better than how they're currently handling Tiana as a love interest.

Honestly though, I would be genuinely interested in seeing Miles with either of those ladies.

Fantastic Member

Yall know what my vote is lmao, but apart from Gwen, if i had to pick i think i'd go for Kamala, they've had good chemistry whenever it seemed like they could be more than friends. I'm kind of a sucka for heroes having hero partners, like Batman/Catwoman , Cloak & Dagger, Gambit and Rogue and such. I like Bombshell, but she needs some page time and maybe a design glow-up, but mostly a good fleshing out as a character if she makes a comeback, so as to not be a repeat of Tiana in that department.

Now if we were to imagine an ideal concept for a Miles romance that would complement him i'd think about a few key traits:

-She(He?) would have to be COOL, like effortlessly so, one of the best parts of the Gwen of the movies is just how you believe she is the kind of chick who is just so cool she'd get a guy like Miles drooling without even trying. After all, Miles has style and thus would apreciate a girl with a lot of that.

-Hero or not, she could be the adventurous type, kind of like MJ or Lois Lane but in a more youthful let's save the world together type of relationship(if/when she eventually learns his identity).

-She should have a grounded more mature-leaning personality. I think Miles has the biggest room for growth as a character when it comes to dealing with being mature enough to balance all his responsibilities, so he would really benefit from having someone who is a peer, an equal, who has a more mature outlook on things by his side, for perspective.

if i think a bit more i def will think of more traits, but this is what i've come up with for now for my ideal possible partner for Miles.

Kind of with you on this. Of all the possibilities out she's the least chill young to connect with Miles. Definitely not one that could easily hook up with the homies too.

Miles #2 preview:https://comicbook.com/comics/news/mi...iend-starling/

God I’m getting so tired of her A** she needs to go. Personally I feel they should’ve just made her a villain from the jump for miles instead of a love interest cause he definitely needs more original rogues to his gallery.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    God I’m getting so tired of her A** she needs to go. Personally I feel they should’ve just made her a villain from the jump for miles instead of a love interest cause he definitely needs more original rogues to his gallery.
    You know, i would have bet that at some point she would, in fact, become a villain, with the way her reception has tanked and all. But man, i can't help but feel those dudes at editorial are too scared to turn a black woman heel, like what happened in Uncharted 4, the cowards. Cody seems like a smart dude, hope he doesn't refrain from taking risks, if they at all let him.