Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    You know, i would have bet that at some point she would, in fact, become a villain, with the way her reception has tanked and all. But man, i can't help but feel those dudes at editorial are too scared to turn a black woman heel, like what happened in Uncharted 4, the cowards. Cody seems like a smart dude, hope he doesn't refrain from taking risks, if they at all let him.
    Man I really wish they would take risk on this cause it’s long out lived it’s welcome, miles needs a nice variety of villains so imo she be better set up as that especially if the relationship continues to soar at the pace it’s going at now. Editorial needs to get their sh*^t together fr fr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Miles introducing Gwendolyne to his parents.
    Attachment 128030
    Now I feel this is going to be a funny interaction like his parents putting him on blast right in front her about how he feels lol. Willing to bet this is what leads up to his mom saying sorry for icing your game man lol.

You know, i would have bet that at some point she would, in fact, become a villain, with the way her reception has tanked and all. But man, i can't help but feel those dudes at editorial are too scared to turn a black woman heel, like what happened in Uncharted 4, the cowards. Cody seems like a smart dude, hope he doesn't refrain from taking risks, if they at all let him.
    Being honest I can't see her turning heel being any worse than her current status as second worst love interest Miles has ever had. It's either "black woman turns evil" or "black woman is a toxic partner", neither is great but only one screws over the guy whose name is on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Being honest I can't see her turning heel being any worse than her current status as second worst love interest Miles has ever had.

So who was the worst?

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    So who was the worst?
    Ultimate Kate Bishop?

So who was the worst?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ultimate Kate Bishop?
    That's who I meant.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So who was the worst?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ultimate Kate Bishop?
    That's who I meant.
    Pretty much. You can't get much worse than the girl whose family turned out to be HYDRA and who sold him out to said family and expected s*** to be all right between them afterward. Funny enough, Ultimate HYDRA was more along the lines of modern American anti-government militias than being the remnants of an actual Nazi division from World War II that shifted into international terrorists, though in light of how contemporary American anti-government militias have turned out to have some chilling ideological similarities with Nazis . . . well, that might yield something interesting if HYDRA ever makes a real comeback.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    That's pretty cool. Same Carlos Villa who was doing art for Black Cat, by any chance?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's pretty cool. Same Carlos Villa who was doing art for Black Cat, by any chance?
    Yep. Same one. He's actually one of the artists I was hoping would be on Miles' new ongoing before it was announced. I am loving Federico's artwork though.

Fantastic Member

I don't like the small fans that Starling has like the toxic relationship they have, I would have said deuces, call me if you need villain help but I don't need gaslighting because I want basic interaction and conversations.

Fantastic Member

I don't like the small fans that Starling has like the toxic relationship they have, I would have said deuces, call me if you need villain help but I don't need gaslighting because I want basic interaction and conversations.
    Yeah, i can see someone, somewhere, for whatever reason liking Tiana the character because they think she looks cool or pretty or whatever, but c'mon, there are limits to being reasonable, and claiming the Miles/Tiana relationship to be a good one goes over every single one of those limits lmao. Argue that the relationship can make them mature, make them learn, grow, gain self-respect, sh1t, i dunno, just don't come at me saying that it is an example of a positive, healthy, desireable relationship, it's just not lol.

I don't know what they think it's going to do for her other than get her dropped and forgotten. She is neither important nor poplar enough to not be put on a bus and never be seen again by a writer that doesn't like her. Her behavior perfectly sets up a breakup and a new girl being introduced to show what a good relationship actually looks like.

Fantastic Member

I don't know what they think it's going to do for her other than get her dropped and forgotten. She is neither important nor poplar enough to not be put on a bus and never be seen again by a writer that doesn't like her. Her behavior perfectly sets up a breakup and a new girl being introduced to show what a good relationship actually looks like.
    Thats the feel i got from this new interaction too, it screams ''let's implode them and be done with it''. Being honest, it's close to what i'd have done in Cody's place if not having just dropped her without justification outright. At this point i'm partial to just trying as many new things on this run as possible, wasting time salvaging Starling just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Ultimate Member

Black Panther fans want a word...

And if they did what would happen the fake woke black Twitter who is NOT buying the book going to complain? Because they seem to have no issue with the black women in Black Panther giving him the business.