Page 52 of 131 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My takeaway is he's upgrading on the fly in mid-battle.
    That kinda tracks with how he usually gets power upgrades throughout his runs. Usually it's in the heat of the moment during do or die situations where Miles is able to tap into an unexplored part of his abilities and then we get to see him start to experiment with it later on. To what extent depends on the writer of course.

His Ultimate Universe comic run under Bendis capped off with introducing his Super Venom Blast against Hydra and Ultimate Dr. Doom.

His first 616 book, again under Bendis, saw him explore that, and near the tail end of the run we got the energy webs from his fingers (not sure if those are ever coming back though), and the first implementation of Miles using his bio-electricity to super charge his punches, debuting the Venom Strike.

Under Saladin Ahmed's run we can now see Miles being able to use his Venom Blast from short to medium distances instead of it only being through physical contact, and we got a glimpse of him using his venom blast for propulsion to launch himself far distances.

I'm all for Ziglar putting his own stamp on Miles evolving power set, and the notion of him creating bio-electric hard energy constructs is freakin awesome. Wouldn't mind an upgrade to his camouflage also though. Like maybe have Miles capable of camouflaging others as well.

I find it kinda funny to think about how Miles' powers have grown and matured along with him in a similar vein to puberty; especially since he was bitten at 13 right before it kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    That kinda tracks with how he usually gets power upgrades throughout his runs. Usually it's in the heat of the moment during do or die situations where Miles is able to tap into an unexplored part of his abilities and then we get to see him start to experiment with it later on. To what extent depends on the writer of course.

His Ultimate Universe comic run under Bendis capped off with introducing his Super Venom Blast against Hydra and Ultimate Dr. Doom.

His first 616 book, again under Bendis, saw him explore that, and near the tail end of the run we got the energy webs from his fingers (not sure if those are ever coming back though), and the first implementation of Miles using his bio-electricity to super charge his punches, debuting the Venom Strike.

Under Saladin Ahmed's run we can now see Miles being able to use his Venom Blast from short to medium distances instead of it only being through physical contact, and we got a glimpse of him using his venom blast for propulsion to launch himself far distances.

I'm all for Ziglar putting his own stamp on Miles evolving power set, and the notion of him creating bio-electric hard energy constructs is freakin awesome. Wouldn't mind an upgrade to his camouflage also though. Like maybe have Miles capable of camouflaging others as well.

I find it kinda funny to think about how Miles' powers have grown and matured along with him in a similar vein to puberty; especially since he was bitten at 13 right before it kicked in.
    That's how I've always viewed it, he got his powers essentially at the start of puberty so the power progression makes sense in my eyes.

Very curious about what they'll be, since it implies it's more than one. I remember someone mentioning him doing that trick Surge from X-Men does where she uses electricity to boost her speed. It would also fit the anime influences Ziglar went with for the sword being similar to Killua's Godspeed from Hunter x Hunter or Yoruichi's Shunko from Bleach, there's also the chance of it being damaging like the solicit implies. They could also take influence from the game and give him that venom jump move to pull people up into the air with him from a distance. Or for a non combat application, electroreception, which would be great for rescuing people he can't see or hear trapped in something like a burning or collapsed building.

And I hope the webs come back, they make for some really cool visual possibilities. Like this art I saw yesterday of Miles as a Hashira from Demon Slayer.

Looks like we found out what Miles' upgrade is. Unless that's someone else:

https://twitter.com/Muaadib/status/1...Cz1a7kpIQuAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

Definitely looks like the Iron Spider.

Great to see it, I never liked Ahmed having Aaron sell the suit it should've been something Miles uses in emergencies after Aaron gave it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Well yes and the original leak came from spoilers:
    Penguin pub.
    end of spoilers also it seems the Fallen friend and the Classfied book which is a continuation of said book is a spoilers:
    Captain America related book
    end of spoilers
    Are you sure? Turns out the death isn't Steve. spoilers:
    It's Kamala. So those two books should be Ms. Marvel related, not Captain America.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Art by Taurin Clark

Art by Guiseppe Camuncoli

Looks like there might be some conflict between Miles/Scorpion and rest of Gao's team.

Also, lol at Miles fighting Taskmaster again.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 05-16-2023 at 01:39 PM.

Neat, a New Iron Spider armor. spoilers:
    Just in time for the game.
    end of spoilers
    Looks like he's got 4 extra 'arms' like Superior Spider-man instead of 3 like the Civil War Original. Like the colors and the big gauntlet/gloves and boots

On another note of the ASM 26 and Fallen Friend Spoiler stuff:
    spoilers:
    I'm more peeved that Miles is absent from any of the covers. Kamala biting as a footnote in some other book surrounded by people that have no real connection to her is completely unsatisfying. Infuriating actually. Where are the champions or her Civilian friends at least? Since I'm guessing her corpse is going to be heaped onto Peter's guilt death pile I'm thinking it will lead to some sort of altercation with Miles. Or at least SOMETHING. Even with a quick turn around resurrection I'd be upset with zero acknowledgement.
    end of spoilers

"Fallen Friend"
    spoilers:
    None of her friends are on the cover, lol
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Neat, a New Iron Spider armor. spoilers:
    Just in time for the game.
    end of spoilers
    Looks like he's got 4 extra 'arms' like Superior Spider-man instead of 3 like the Civil War Original. Like the colors and the big gauntlet/gloves and boots

On another note of the ASM 26 and Fallen Friend Spoiler stuff:
    spoilers:
    I'm more peeved that Miles is absent from any of the covers. Kamala biting as a footnote in some other book surrounded by people that have no real connection to her is completely unsatisfying. Infuriating actually. Where are the champions or her Civilian friends at least? Since I'm guessing her corpse is going to be heaped onto Peter's guilt death pile I'm thinking it will lead to some sort of altercation with Miles. Or at least SOMETHING. Even with a quick turn around resurrection I'd be upset with zero acknowledgement.
    end of spoilers
    "Fallen Friend"
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's an absolute joke, Kamala dead surrounded by people she barely even knows. I knew Peter's book was bad but now his book is making unrelated characters worse. Also they really made Kamala a tertiary character in Peter's book just for this? She hasn't had a solo book in four years and they do this?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It seems like she's just being used as a tool to guilt trip Peter. They'll also probably try to resurrect her into a new status quo, to align with whatever's happening in the MCU, by making her a mutant or whatever.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It seems like she's just being used as a tool to guilt trip Peter. They'll also probably try to resurrect her into a new status quo, to align with whatever's happening in the MCU, by making her a mutant or whatever.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Feels like half the population of NYC has died at this point for Parker's guilty solemn duty.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    If they were going to do this it should've been in a book she's actually relevant in, like Miles'.

It still would've been stupid but whatever.
    end of spoilers

"Fallen Friend"
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    isn't carol a friend
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    isn't carol a friend
    Well, more of a mentor, but she makes more sense than some other choices.

Just really feels dumb.