Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Black Panther fans want a word...

And if they did what would happen the fake woke black Twitter who is NOT buying the book going to complain? Because they seem to have no issue with the black women in Black Panther giving him the business.
    Black Panther has a different editorial, who i believe, just by reading the stories they put out, are much more progressive in that sense than the yahoos at Spider-Man and their outdated ideals. Shame because Spider-Man has been at points in time a real pre-cursor to a lot of progressive storytelling like killing main leads and drug abuse.

I'm not saying they shouldn't turn Tiana, quite the opposite, i think her character seems better served being a villain, what i mean is i don't think Spider-man editorial has it in them to do it because of backwards thinking on what true positive representation really is.

You could do the heel turn, but I think if they do, they should be smart about it. Even after coming up with a valid reason to have Tiana go bad(er), having it happen in the same arc probably isn't a good idea. Tiana should be shelved for an Arc or 2 before being brought back on the wrong side. If she just goes instantly bad you get some icky implications.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    You could do the heel turn, but I think if they do, they should be smart about it. Even after coming up with a valid reason to have Tiana go bad(er), having it happen in the same arc probably isn't a good idea. Tiana should be shelved for an Arc or 2 before being brought back on the wrong side. If she just goes instantly bad you get some icky implications.
    I would agree with that, though honestly, I'd rather she go away for a while to work on herself and her issues rather than take them out on Miles or become a villain. Sometimes, people are just wrong for each other in the end and that can --- I hope --- be addressed in a more mature and nuanced way compared to the usual super-melodramatics of this particular genre.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

While I don't want her to be 'the one' and I don't think Miles at this stage in the comics needs 'the one' I like Tiana and I don't think she will be better as a villain I like that she and Miles have a complicated relationship.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While I don't want her to be 'the one' and I don't think Miles at this stage in the comics needs 'the one' I like Tiana and I don't think she will be better as a villain I like that she and Miles have a complicated relationship.
    Saladin tries to leave his mark by making another "Black Cat" but he really just remade Lana before she got the character development and left her there and is extremely unlikable.

I'm still of the belief Tiana wasn't even originally intended to be in the book and was just a character Saladin made for if he ever got to write Amazing. She can be completely removed from the run and nothing changes because she's irrelevant to the story; what little development she actually got happened almost exclusively in Peter's book; her introduction fits more in Peter's book since she was going after Tombstone; and what part of "Vulture's beloved secret granddaughter" gives any impression of belonging in Miles' book? What's next Hydroman's favorite little cousin; Carnage's secret apprentice; or maybe a kid Felicia used to babysit and taught all her moves to?

I can't unsee this now:

abVe1yL_700b.jpg

(Kari from Falcon and the Winter Solider and Phin from Miles' game).

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't unsee this now:

abVe1yL_700b.jpg

Well, now if they ever do a live action Miles movie we got our Phin!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Not that I think anyone is in a hurry to see that .

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Not that I think anyone is in a hurry to see that .
    I know, right? lol.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I can't unsee this now:

abVe1yL_700b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    And if they do use her as the villain, I'd throw in the original comics' Tinkerer as her granddad. Speaking of what someone pointed out earlier about proteges/offspring of Peter's rogues ending up in Miles's supporting cast or rogues gallery . . . well, the Carnage thing might have some potential, given recent developments in the Carnage series by Ram V (also cowriting Venom with Al Ewing).

Fantastic Member

You know what i miss? More interdimensional stragglers as recurring characters. As we all know by now the best villains are, in some aspect, conceptually related to their hero counterparts. Miles is the Spider-Man from another universe, simultaneously from 2 worlds, the closest spider-person in 616 to the rest of the Spiderverse and to me it would be a shame to never tap into that.

Imagine a displaced villain from Ultimate-U that had his whole world erased and the only recognizable aspect of his past life is Miles, imagine him somehow figuring out Miles was the only one that got to keep his life intact(over a mf'n spoiled burger lmao), thats a blood feud if there ever was one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    You know what i miss? More interdimensional stragglers as recurring characters. As we all know by now the best villains are, in some aspect, conceptually related to their hero counterparts. Miles is the Spider-Man from another universe, simultaneously from 2 worlds, the closest spider-person in 616 to the rest of the Spiderverse and to me it would be a shame to never tap into that.

Imagine a displaced villain from Ultimate-U that had his whole world erased and the only recognizable aspect of his past life is Miles, imagine him somehow figuring out Miles was the only one that got to keep his life intact(over a mf'n spoiled burger lmao), thats a blood feud if there ever was one.
    Maybe Cody Ziglar will tackle that during or after this first arc. Might be why this new villain Rabble has such a grudge against Miles.

Mighty Member

While I have problems with ICv2 ranking system it is still nice to see that in December, Miles Morales Spider-Man #1 debuted at number 2 in both unit and dollar sales on that chart.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-december-2022

Given that Miles' book beat Batman #130 which was published the same week means sales were really strong.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While I have problems with ICv2 ranking system it is still nice to see that in December, Miles Morales Spider-Man #1 debuted at number 2 in both unit and dollar sales on that chart.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-december-2022

Given that Miles' book beat Batman #130 which was published the same week means sales were really strong.
    Thats great news! It is a #1 on a year where Miles is on a hot streak, but still, not bad for ''The other Spider-Man''! Now lets get that second ongoing/Mini-series, you cowards!!