Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While I have problems with ICv2 ranking system it is still nice to see that in December, Miles Morales Spider-Man #1 debuted at number 2 in both unit and dollar sales on that chart.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-december-2022

Given that Miles' book beat Batman #130 which was published the same week means sales were really strong.
    VARIANTS......

Variants that were not in final order cutoffs.

Still good but lets put it in perspective.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'm still of the belief Tiana wasn't even originally intended to be in the book and was just a character Saladin made for if he ever got to write Amazing. She can be completely removed from the run and nothing changes because she's irrelevant to the story; what little development she actually got happened almost exclusively in Peter's book; her introduction fits more in Peter's book since she was going after Tombstone; and what part of "Vulture's beloved secret granddaughter" gives any impression of belonging in Miles' book? What's next Hydroman's favorite little cousin; Carnage's secret apprentice; or maybe a kid Felicia used to babysit and taught all her moves to?
    Hey now. I wouldn’t mind Sandman’s daughter showing up in Miles’ https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Keemi...do_(Earth-616)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Hey now. I wouldn’t mind Sandman’s daughter showing up in Miles’ https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Keemi...do_(Earth-616)
    If I recall right, she was adapted in the last Spider-Man cartoon on Disney XD as a similarly powered "Sandgirl." Would be interesting if she came back in the comics and ended up in a class with Miles or something.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While I have problems with ICv2 ranking system it is still nice to see that in December, Miles Morales Spider-Man #1 debuted at number 2 in both unit and dollar sales on that chart.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-december-2022

Given that Miles' book beat Batman #130 which was published the same week means sales were really strong.
    Wild. Again hoping the momentum is maintained.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    VARIANTS......

Variants that were not in final order cutoffs.

Still good but lets put it in perspective.
    The context is Miles books always sold well. That's why his books were never cancelled only rebooted like every comic now a days.

Yeah, Miles relaunches have always been part of a linewide relaunch (after Cataclysm and Secret Wars) or because the writer left (when Bendis and Ahmed departed). Never due to a run being cancelled for low sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Yall know what my vote is lmao, but apart from Gwen, if i had to pick i think i'd go for Kamala, they've had good chemistry whenever it seemed like they could be more than friends. I'm kind of a sucka for heroes having hero partners, like Batman/Catwoman , Cloak & Dagger, Gambit and Rogue and such. I like Bombshell, but she needs some page time and maybe a design glow-up, but mostly a good fleshing out as a character if she makes a comeback, so as to not be a repeat of Tiana in that department.

Now if we were to imagine an ideal concept for a Miles romance that would complement him i'd think about a few key traits:

-She(He?) would have to be COOL, like effortlessly so, one of the best parts of the Gwen of the movies is just how you believe she is the kind of chick who is just so cool she'd get a guy like Miles drooling without even trying. After all, Miles has style and thus would apreciate a girl with a lot of that.

-Hero or not, she could be the adventurous type, kind of like MJ or Lois Lane but in a more youthful let's save the world together type of relationship(if/when she eventually learns his identity).

-She should have a grounded more mature-leaning personality. I think Miles has the biggest room for growth as a character when it comes to dealing with being mature enough to balance all his responsibilities, so he would really benefit from having someone who is a peer, an equal, who has a more mature outlook on things by his side, for perspective.

if i think a bit more i def will think of more traits, but this is what i've come up with for now for my ideal possible partner for Miles.
    Well, Kamala seems to be a spider office character now, and she'll need a place to go when the current run of Amazing ends (and it does seem like the current run will end in the summer, and probably Kamala's Oscorp job with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not that I think anyone is in a hurry to see that .
    Yeah, we can get another trilogy out of Tom Holland's Peter Parker yet. Switching to Miles afterwards instead of rebooting him yet again is a good plan though. Miles was mentioned by Aaron, but he could still be an elementary school kid at this point, so it won't matter if he doesn't become Spider-Man until the 2030s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Issue two didn't do so hot with the Comics Elite Youtube channel. They put this on "worst comics of the week"

spoilers:
    They take issue with a speech Misty Knight gives, and the rest of the issue is boring and more about Miles' GF
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Issue two didn't do so hot with the Comics Elite Youtube channel. They put this on "worst comics of the week"

spoilers:
    They take issue with a speech Misty Knight gives, and the rest of the issue is boring and more about Miles' GF
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Great, two things I absolutely didn't want to hear.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, we can get another trilogy out of Tom Holland's Peter Parker yet. Switching to Miles afterwards instead of rebooting him yet again is a good plan though. Miles was mentioned by Aaron, but he could still be an elementary school kid at this point, so it won't matter if he doesn't become Spider-Man until the 2030s.
    It'll be pretty weird to have just about the entirety of the Champions active inside the MCU and not Morales.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    It'll be pretty weird to have just about the entirety of the Champions active inside the MCU and not Morales.
    Even if you took Electro’s joke about there being a black spider-man out in the multiverse as tongue in cheek,
    we already had Donald Glover as Aaron Davis mention his nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    Great, two things I absolutely didn't want to hear.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Tiana and Miles' so-called 'mentors' are the two things I was cautious about going into this run, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're the weak points of this story.

We'll see tomorrow how things turn out. Hopefully it's not too bad.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Even if you took Electro’s joke about there being a black spider-man out in the multiverse as tongue in cheek,
    we already had Donald Glover as Aaron Davis mention his nephew.
    But now he's playing the Hypno-Hustler.

Fantastic Member

Chase Conley was very passive aggressive with trying to explain why the redesigned suit was the way it was, basically they wanted it to be different even when someone asked if there was a version with a hoodie, Chase wanted to be different even from the Sony Spiderverse version. No surprise it only lasted 12 issues before it reverted back to the classic suit.