Page 70 of 131 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1959
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Penultimate issue of Carnage Reigns. I feel like this is another event that started off strong but then just ended up being fine. Like not even a backhanded type thing but it's just an okay story that in hindsight I wished it was its own mini series rather than a forced crossover for the three books.

Of course that is an expectation issue as well. The story started off as a horror story about Miles still recovering from being controlled by the symbiote but now the Maximum Carnage nostalgia escalation happened. lol
    I had humble expectations so i'm satisfied thus far, but i 100% agree those first issues were far superior to the overarching narrative that came to be. A more intimate, contained, character-centric story around mostly Miles, Cletus and Gargan would have been much more compelling IMO. The story is weakest when it strays from them. Still dont see the point of red goblin in this, even if he's had some enjoyable scenes. I guess the whole ''big event gotta go big'' mentality got the better of the more compelling story. Still enjoying the fun balls to the wall craziness, but im gonna be fond of that first diner arc.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I also read Ultimate Invasion #1 this morning.

spoilers:
    As anticipated, it's the not the original Ultimate Universe. Maker has been stealing tech from different places including the Baxter Building and Wakanda in order to build himself a portal to return to the Ultimate Universe. After completing it, he makes Miles an offer to come along for the ride, but Miles turns him down. It turns out the earth Maker transports to is Earth 6160. Maker's goal is seemingly to build a new Ultimate Universe in his image and his first action is preventing Peter Parker from ever getting bitten by the Spider.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

spoilers:
    Weird that Liz was there. In 616 it's Cindy, in 1610 it's MJ. Would Liz have ended up getting Cindy's powers had Peter been bitten? She was right next to him and probably would've been bitten too. In the original Ultimate Universe, she was Firestar.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Weird that Liz was there. In 616 it's Cindy, in 1610 it's MJ. Would Liz have ended up getting Cindy's powers had Peter been bitten? She was right next to him and probably would've been bitten too. In the original Ultimate Universe, she was Firestar.
    end of spoilers
    I can't wait till when Cindy's origins get retconed

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    So it's an interesting spin on Pete's origin when you think about it because in the original Amazing Fantasy issue, Pete invited Liz to go along with him but she turned him down to go on a date with Flash instead. So in this sense, its almost a "What if she went with Peter instead." A new Ultimate Universe that kind of retweeks the original origins rather than doing entirely new ones from scratch would actually be intriguing.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Another great issue! I swear vicentini is doing the lord's work with his art here. The world feels so real and vibrant, even the background characters have great diversity. Really enjoyed electro here too and the banter with her and taskmaster. Just another fun issue, really looking forward to the next.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-21-2023 at 12:58 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah, it's been a lot of fun seeing Miles work with this group of villains.

Gao, however, is starting to wear on my nerves a little bit lol. She seems excessively hostile, even compared to the criminals she "hired" lol.

Interesting start for Ultimate Invasion, I'm curious on how Miles gets involved spoilers:
    since it's not actually the UU
    end of spoilers maybe some dimensional energy signature that former UU residents share can be used to find Maker.

Agreed on the general consensus for Carnage Reigns nothing amazing but not terrible. Seems like the next arc will have a lot in it, so looking forward to it.

I also read Edge of Spider-Verse, it wasn't bad we got to see New Brooklyn is still in recovery.
    spoilers:
    The Miles of that dimension had a Black Cat of his own that he never told anyone about, literally she's named Gata Negra, and she needs Billie's help getting medicine before it gets stolen for a sick kid. Cardiac even appears and teams up with Billie to stop them. Turns out the sick kid was Gata Negra's son, and while not stated I feel like it's kinda implied the kid is Miles'. So potential new Miles kid out in the multiverse.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So Billie's world has both a Black Cat and a Spider-Boy? If Miles is Daddy, the kid should have Miles's powers.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

No Spider-Boy's story and Billie's story happen in different universes. spoilers:
    Probably would've been better if the book wasn't shared so we could get actual confirmation for the kid.
    end of spoilers

You could close your eyes and just point and pick great images from this one but some of my fave.
    and some suspense.

bladerunningthewall.jpg
    backstabber.jpg
    diagnosis.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Interesting start for Ultimate Invasion, I'm curious on how Miles gets involved.
    Isn't that the end of Miles in this? Short and sweet.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Hard to tell, I can't remember him being mentioned in any future solicits, but it'd be a bit of a waste not to have him involved not to mention all the variant covers they stuck him on.

https://twitter.com/yayforzig/status...DS7ayI3LIuAAAA

Might be fun looking for manga references every month, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The news articles and interviews leading up to Ultimate Invasion said that Miles would be a major player in the story and act as a co-lead along with The Maker. Not sure how, but my best guess is spoilers:
    that card the Maker gave to Miles in issue 1 will be the key for the Illuminati to track him down and Miles will have to be brought along since the maker designed that key to only work for him. This may lead to Miles helping stop whatever the Maker is doing on Earth-6160.
    end of spoilers