Page 8 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Miles relaunches have always been part of a linewide relaunch (after Cataclysm and Secret Wars) or because the writer left (when Bendis and Ahmed departed). Never due to a run being cancelled for low sales.

Well, Kamala seems to be a spider office character now, and she'll need a place to go when the current run of Amazing ends (and it does seem like the current run will end in the summer, and probably Kamala's Oscorp job with it).

Yeah, we can get another trilogy out of Tom Holland's Peter Parker yet. Switching to Miles afterwards instead of rebooting him yet again is a good plan though. Miles was mentioned by Aaron, but he could still be an elementary school kid at this point, so it won't matter if he doesn't become Spider-Man until the 2030s.
    Miles is coming to the big screen no matter what they do with peter, Miles is to big.

Read the issue. All I'll say right now is that I really disliked the way Miles was portrayed, he looked very amateurish.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Chase Conley was very passive aggressive with trying to explain why the redesigned suit was the way it was, basically they wanted it to be different even when someone asked if there was a version with a hoodie, Chase wanted to be different even from the Sony Spiderverse version. No surprise it only lasted 12 issues before it reverted back to the classic suit.
    That was the problem, when your priority is being ''different'' before being ''Iconic'' or ''Aesthetic'' you can end up with something different that doesn't actually appeal to anybody, as he did.

Now about issue #2, without spoiling, ''that speech'' from ''that character'' was pretty lame, bad take from what came off to me as Ziglar using the book as a political soap-box to air his own personal views in a ''self-inserty'' kind of way. I checked out his social media stuff even before i read the issue and kind of felt that he might have that kind of vibe, but just bid my time to see how his writing would go.

Pacing could be better, could have given the action scenes, which were pretty cool albeit short IMO, more page-space. I Agree miles came off kinda TOO helpless, it's a fine line between being off your game cause youre going through it and seeming like you're bumbling through your life, reminds me of some recent authors writing Pete in ASM.

EDIT: im not savy with forums, how do i do the spoiler text block thing? tried to keep it spoiler-free but in case someone takes issue...
    Last edited by Tapioca Blitzkrieg; 01-11-2023 at 01:16 PM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    That was the problem, when your priority is being ''different'' before being ''Iconic'' or ''Aesthetic'' you can end up with something different that doesn't actually appeal to anybody, as he did.

Now about issue #2, without spoiling, ''that speech'' from ''that character'' was pretty lame, bad take from what came off to me as Ziglar using the book as a political soap-box to air his own personal views in a ''self-inserty'' kind of way. I checked out his social media stuff even before i read the issue and kind of felt that he might have that kind of vibe, but just bid my time to see how his writing would go.

Pacing could be better, could have given the action scenes, which were pretty cool albeit short IMO, more page-space. I Agree miles came off kinda TOO helpless, it's a fine line between being off your game cause youre going through it and seeming like you're bumbling through your life, reminds me of some recent authors writing Pete in ASM.

EDIT: im not savy with forums, how do i do the spoiler text block thing? tried to keep it spoiler-free but in case someone takes issue...
    you have "spoilers:
    then close it out with
    end of spoilers"

Agreed with what's been said about today's issue, hope it's not a consistent thing because it'd be a real shame if Miles' solo was the low point of the Miles content we get this year.

Dark Web was nice; it wasn't a big team up, but Miles played an important part and seeing Miles and Kamala interact is always nice.

Savage Avengers was good too, Miles really pulled through for the team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    you have "spoilers:
    then close it out with
    end of spoilers"
    spoilers:
    Testing, one two three...
    end of spoilers

Awesome, it worked, thx Merc! while i'm at it with my new powers:

spoilers:
    Screw that Misty Knight BS, fu*k u mean black ppl lose their individuality on the street? I understand where Cody is coming from with this, it's about black people being perceived as a colective entity and thus expected to be accountable for their peers. But even if i agreed with this POV, which i personally don't, there are better, more in character ways to go about this message, the way it was done just made Misty come off as preachy, patronizing and generally demeaning towards Miles who was like ''wow, so true, teach me oh great Misty''. I think this societal perception stems from segregation and is to be combated, not conformed to, as i felt Misty was advocating for.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, a bit of a black eye on what would have been an otherwise pretty ok issue.
    Last edited by Tapioca Blitzkrieg; 01-11-2023 at 03:12 PM.

Niffleheim

spoilers:
    I've just opened the book and there is Tiana in all her costume glory tapping at Miles window without even caring that she might be seen. She is talking to Ganke now?
    end of spoilers What is this? lmao! This book is going to drive me crazy but let me just continue.

First reading, I don't know how I feel about this book the writing for so many characters annoys me (Including Miles) and I don't mind what Misty said but then again I'm questioning what purpose it serves in the story - is it building to something? This was underwhelming and Ziglar is doing Tiana and Misty no favors the way he is writing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Agreed with what's been said about today's issue, hope it's not a consistent thing because it'd be a real shame if Miles' solo was the low point of the Miles content we get this year.

Dark Web was nice; it wasn't a big team up, but Miles played an important part and seeing Miles and Kamala interact is always nice.

Thank you for this, I might just check out both of those books simply because I don't know who is this Miles Ziglar is writing. I'm enjoying the art and all the cuteness in Double Trouble and Slott's Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-11-2023 at 07:19 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I really enjoyed it too. I especially like the seeing her reflecting through his lens. I love that their friendship continues and feels natural they have a lot of history together.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Issue two didn't do so hot with the Comics Elite Youtube channel. They put this on "worst comics of the week"

spoilers:
    They take issue with a speech Misty Knight gives, and the rest of the issue is boring and more about Miles' GF
    end of spoilers
    I am sure they changed their mind after what happened in Black Panther. Especially what was done to Cap America.

Fantastic Member

While i'm prone to enjoying a bit more slang to brighten up the speech of certain characters, especially if they are from places where such slang is common place, it has become a bit jarring to me Miles using such a heavy amount of slang, he sounds like a completely different dude now lol

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I really enjoyed it too. I especially like the seeing her reflecting through his lens. I love that their friendship continues and feels natural they have a lot of history together.
    It also made for a very stark contrast between how Miles' actual love interest treats him verses how a character that has been teased as a love interest treats him.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    While i'm prone to enjoying a bit more slang to brighten up the speech of certain characters, especially if they are from places where such slang is common place, it has become a bit jarring to me Miles using such a heavy amount of slang, he sounds like a completely different dude now lol
    What I can't understand is the writer trying to gaslight me and maybe other readers in to believing that Miles is a jerk by using Tiana TIANA! to push that narrative, like how ridiculous was that? I just burst out laughing. With each issue Ziglar is losing me honestly, I'll just see where this is going.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    What I can't understand is the writer trying to gaslight me and maybe other readers in to believing that Miles is a jerk by using Tiana TIANA! to push that narrative, like how ridiculous was that? I just burst out laughing. With each issue Ziglar is losing me honestly, I'll just see where this is going.
    Bruh, Cody is really trying to make Miles the bad guy after everything Tiana has done the same thing. She really is going to be really unlikable for this run, huh.

Fantastic Member

I was talking about them not being willing to make tiana a villain, but it's worse than i thought, they're not even willing to commit to her being even partially wrong in this falling out. Absolutely baffling. But i'm willing to see where it goes, the art is going a long way, i'm really digging it.
    Last edited by Tapioca Blitzkrieg; 01-12-2023 at 04:27 AM. Reason: grammar

It also made for a very stark contrast between how Miles' actual love interest treats him verses how a character that has been teased as a love interest treats him.
    Is this addressed in issue 1 of miles morales spiderman. he was on the mind from the synch team up and now this so i was going to get issue 2 but got 1 instead will read it later with MJ/Blackcat and some other stuff i want to finish. Spent most yesterday on darkweb following the reading order. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/