Page 9 of 131 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

It just occurred to me, but spoilers:
    was anyone else a bit thrown off by how easily Starling was handling Rabble? If she hadn't turned off the wings she would've lost, Tiana even comments on how inexperienced she is. It makes her feel like less of a threat if the only reason she won was because she could do something that wouldn't really effect Miles in a major way. Like at most she could maybe shut down the web shooters but it's already established that she can't fight; and taking Miles' loved ones hostage is only going to make him angry
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Is this addressed in issue 1 of miles morales spiderman. he was on the mind from the synch team up and now this so i was going to get issue 2 but got 1 instead will read it later with MJ/Blackcat and some other stuff i want to finish. Spent most yesterday on darkweb following the reading order. lol
    No, Tiana doesn't even appear until the second issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It just occurred to me, but spoilers:
    was anyone else a bit thrown off by how easily Starling was handling Rabble? If she hadn't turned off the wings she would've lost, Tiana even comments on how inexperienced she is. It makes her feel like less of a threat if the only reason she won was because she could do something that wouldn't really effect Miles in a major way. Like at most she could maybe shut down the web shooters but it's already established that she can't fight; and taking Miles' loved ones hostage is only going to make him angry
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, from what we've seen Miles shouldn't have too much trouble fighting Rabble. And he has experience fighting without his web shooters when he fought Tomoe and her ninjas. I'm not sure how Rabble could convincingly put up a halfway decent fight against him, unless Miles becomes so blinded by his anger that he ends up making major mistakes during the fight.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, from what we've seen Miles shouldn't have too much trouble fighting Rabble. And he has experience fighting without his web shooters when he fought Tomoe and her ninjas. I'm not sure how Rabble could convincingly put up a halfway decent fight against him, unless Miles becomes so blinded by his anger that he ends up making major mistakes during the fight.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Even blinded by anger she doesn't stand a chance, last time that happened Miles beat Captain America half to death. Rabble looks like she's never even been in a fight before, for some grand scheme it seems poorly planned so far.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Even blinded by anger she doesn't stand a chance, last time that happened Miles beat Captain America half to death. Rabble looks like she's never even been in a fight before, for some grand scheme it seems poorly planned so far.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Heh, I almost forgot about that.

Honestly, I'm expecting some kind of BS to happen, but I'll wait and see. Maybe Rabble gets some outside help, maybe from some of the villains she upgrades.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    It'll be pretty weird to have just about the entirety of the Champions active inside the MCU and not Morales.
    Most of the Champions are NOT in the MCU yet. Only Kamala and Riri are, and technically Nadia because Hope is her counterpart. Sam isn't there yet - they haven't even used Rich Rider yet, and surely they either do him first or bring them in together. No Amadeus Cho yet either, though his mother was in Avengers Age of Ultron. Viv Vision is rumoured, but isn't yet there. No X-Men yet, so no Cyclops (Wolverine is confirmed for Deadpool 3, any other X-Men will be after that). All of Zub's additions are absent too.

It's the Young Avengers who have most of their members in the MCU (Stinger, Hawkeye, Speed, Wiccan, America, Loki, Patriot).

There's plenty of time yet for more of the Champs to appear in the cinema or on Disney+ before they make a live action Miles movie. I could see Peter having two more solo movies, and then the next one would be his last while introducing Miles as his successor. Like I said, that'd likely be a decade away. I don't think the Champions team will exist in the MCU - Kamala and Riri might end up on the Young Avengers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-12-2023 at 03:50 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    She did mention her greatest advantage is that she's consistently underestimated / percieved as less of a threat than she actually is. She seems to be more Hugo Strange, or Batman type when it comes to preparations. At this point in time Miles isn't even aware of who she is or how she operates, but Rabble is well informed. She knows his civilian identity, associates/friends, where he goes to school, his family and where they live, his abilities, powers, general movesets and how he reacts to certain stimuli. She seems to be a living embodiment of that "battles are won before the first punch is thrown" phrase. 1 on 1 She wouldn't stand a chance sure, but I think whenever she does decide to scrap, it'll be in on her terms, in an arena of her choosing.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dron; 01-12-2023 at 04:03 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    spoilers:
    She did mention her greatest advantage is that she's consistently underestimated / percieved as less of a threat than she actually is. She seems to be more Hugo Strange, or Batman type when it comes to preparations. At this point in time Miles isn't even aware of who she is or how she operates, but Rabble is well informed. She knows his civilian identity, associates/friends, where he goes to school, his family and where they live, his abilities, powers, general movesets and how he reacts to certain stimuli. She seems to be a living embodiment of that "battles are won before the first punch is thrown" phrase. 1 on 1 She wouldn't stand a chance sure, but I think whenever she does decide to scrap, it'll be in on her terms, in an arena of her choosing.
    end of spoilers
    That could work, at least if executed well enough.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Most of the Champions are NOT in the MCU yet. Only Kamala and Riri are, and technically Nadia because Hope is her counterpart. Sam isn't there yet - they haven't even used Rich Rider yet, and surely they either do him first or bring them in together. No Amadeus Cho yet either, though his mother was in Avengers Age of Ultron. Viv Vision is rumoured, but isn't yet there. No X-Men yet, so no Cyclops (Wolverine is confirmed for Deadpool 3, any other X-Men will be after that)
    The Nova D+ that was hinted back forever ago is getting retooled into a Movie and like all phase 4 films so far, it's a team up of a older hero and a newer one just that both Rich and Sam would be introduced together. As you mentioned Viv has a rumored appearance and yeah I remember Cho's mom. For mutants I'm not sure if they'd want to bother with the O5 when they could probably just jump right into Claremont's team. The next Gen heroes are pretty much a combination of Young Avengers and Champion's members.

Ultimate Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3zZiNoBFzw

An interview with writer Cody Ziglar (Miles Morales Spider-Man, She-Hulk TV series, Spider-Punk)

Miles notes start at 55:26 I think

He thinks Miles is 16-17 years old. 18 might be possible as well.

Original pitch had Miles meeting almost EVERY BLACK HERO in Marvel. Editors said hold on-so it's possible we will see every street level black hero.

He has been given 12 issues. He wants to do 3 years.

The teacher that suspends Miles is Nigerian.

My question was answered... Judge will be seen more.

Cody's Mom worked in law enforcement and that scene with Misty was inspired by that.

Issue 3 reveals Rabble's origin and no it's not Phinn.

No Multiverse in year 1. So no Spider Punk.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 01-15-2023 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3zZiNoBFzw

An interview with writer Cody Ziglar (Miles Morales Spider-Man, She-Hulk TV series, Spider-Punk)

Miles notes start at 55:26 I think

He thinks Miles is 16-17 years old. 18 might be possible as well.

Original pitch had Miles meeting almost EVERY BLACK HERO in Marvel. Editors said hold on-so it's possible we will see every street level black hero.

He has been given 12 issues. He wants to do 3 years.

The teacher that suspends Miles is Nigerian.

My question was answered... Judge will be seen more.

Cody's Mom worked in law enforcement and that scene with Misty was inspired by that.

Issue 3 reveals Rabble's origin and no it's not Phinn.

No Multiverse in year 1. So no Spider Punk.
    I really have to wonder what makes someone think cramming in as many unrelated heroes into a solo book is a good idea. If that was his idea he should've just pitched Marvel Team Up with Miles. It's something I'd legitimately be interested in reading as a secondary book, but as a concept for Miles' solo book it's something I'm totally against. Not really something that inspires hope for what's to come.

Also that age thing is weird, there was a birthday, a pregnancy, and a scholarship acceptance ceremony in the last run 16 shouldn't even really be an possibility if I'm being honest.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-15-2023 at 09:45 PM.

Fantastic Member

I really have to wonder what makes someone think cramming in as many unrelated heroes into a solo book is a good idea. If that was his idea he should've just pitched Marvel Team Up with Miles. It's something I'd legitimately be interested in reading as a secondary book, but as a concept for Miles' solo book it's something I'm totally against.
    My guess is that was the only hook Cody had that was different from another writer and Cody was only given a year to prove himself or they are going with another writer on the book.

That's an issue I kind of had with Ahmed's run. Miles almost always had to team-up with someone else to fight and defeat his villains. I don't mind Miles working with other heroes every now and then, especially those in his own 'world', but I don't need to see every black hero in the world showing up just cuz.

I'm already a little annoyed with how Miles was made to look more inexperienced than he actually is, just so Misty could look better. I don't want to see stuff like that the whole run

Co-signed on that Miles Marvel Team-Up series.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 01-15-2023 at 10:06 PM.

I think Miles is definitely due his own Marvel Team-Up .

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    That's an issue I kind of had with Ahmed's run. Miles almost always had to team-up with someone else to fight and defeat his villains. I don't mind Miles working with other heroes every now and then, especially those in his own 'world', but I don't need to see every black hero in the world showing up just cuz.

I'm already a little annoyed with how Miles was made to look more inexperienced than he actually is, just so Misty could look better. I don't want to see stuff like that the whole run

Co-signed on that Miles Marvel Team-Up series.
    I felt the same way, I especially didn't like how the Assessor arc ended with Miles needing Jeff and Aaron to save him. Miles didn't even get close to escaping on his own.

And agreed on the Misty stuff, she didn't do a single thing Miles hasn't done before so the entire thing was to make Mist relevant. Seriously even as a joke that whole testing thing is lame and what was up her managing to catch his web and pulling him off balance? No offense to Misty but she does not have what it takes to do that even on her best day.

Miles is not some inexperienced newbie, he's handled things of higher paygrades than a lot of these older heroes (Misty included) have. If Ziglar's going to do this team up thing the least he could do is put Miles with heroes more in league with his experiences.

Niffleheim

The whole of Saladin's run was team-up upon teamups and concluding with mega-teamups and now we have Miles teaming up again but at least with Saladin he wasn't being treated like a novice that needed to be led and talked down to like a child.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough