Page 50 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well Angel-Breaker was introduced in I think Shadow War which was a Batman/Robin/Deathstroke crossover

So yeah she is pretty much a Batman character

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    All DC villains are Batman villains at this point.
    True and it's annoying, but Batman sells, so the trend is going to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Since we were talking about Tim Seeley and Raptor, they are back together.

The good news never stops coming. This isn't exactly what I was hoping for but I will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But it just the same had no real
    Impact on the world of DC and has more or less ceased to exist
    Well it lost it lead character. How relevant would Bludhaven be without Dick. Also Spyral was more relevant to the world of DC in two years than Bludhaven has ever been!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Well it lost it lead character. How relevant would Bludhaven be without Dick. Also Spyral was more relevant to the world of DC in two years than Bludhaven has ever been!!
    It’s currently the home of Selina Kyle at the end of the Batman (nerd fact)
    If it remains the base location of the Titans I guess we’ll see.

https://www.cbr.com/nightwing-viciou...night-terrors/

Writers Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad (Wonder Woman) join artist Daniele Di Nicuolo to explore what gives Dick Grayson nightmares in Knight Terrors: Nightwing #1, available at local comic shops on July 18. Dick wakes up in jail to realize a nightmare has come to life: he murdered someone he loves! And the only thing making it worse is his past coming to haunt him in the form of humanoid pigs playing the characters of his childhood at Haly’s Circus, scene by scene, leading up to the night of his parents’ death. The Batgirls try to help Nightwing figure out who framed him (or why he killed someone!), but it’s his cellmates and other unlikely villains in jail who may help him solve the mystery.

Last edited by Drako; 04-14-2023 at 09:18 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad?

Astonishing Member

Writers Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad (Wonder Woman) join artist Daniele Di Nicuolo to explore what gives Dick Grayson nightmares in Knight Terrors: Nightwing #1, available at local comic shops on July 18. Dick wakes up in jail to realize a nightmare has come to life: he murdered someone he loves! And the only thing making it worse is his past coming to haunt him in the form of humanoid pigs playing the characters of his childhood at Haly’s Circus, scene by scene, leading up to the night of his parents’ death. The Batgirls try to help Nightwing figure out who framed him (or why he killed someone!), but it’s his cellmates and other unlikely villains in jail who may help him solve the mystery.

Dick's also on the cover of the Titans issues - but the solicit mentions "the remaining Titans", so possibly he's been split off to have this seperate nightmare.

I guess these are instead of the main titles those months? Wouldn't be my choice, but all seem readable enough.

Nightwing one looks a little Pyg-y, which might be fun?

Dick locked up for a crime he didn't commit while being haunted and the Batgirls all working to get him out could be really cool if handled correctly.

(I'm kind of glad Taylor's not writing it).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dick locked up for a crime he didn't commit while being haunted and the Batgirls all working to get him out could be really cool if handled correctly.

(I'm kind of glad Taylor's not writing it).
    Yeah, butt Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad???????
    I preferred Tini Howard, she did a good job with Dick and Cass in Urban Legends. I'm hoping she writes more of the character, it was little but in this little bit I liked her voice for Dick more than Taylor's voice.

I would prefer a story where Dick works on his own for once because stories where he has to be saved usually end up making him look like an idiot, but maybe it will be executed better when Taylor isn't involved.

Extraordinary Member

That last one goes hard

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Yeah, butt Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad???????
    I preferred Tini Howard, she did a good job with Dick and Cass in Urban Legends. I'm hoping she writes more of the character, it was little but in this little bit I liked her voice for Dick more than Taylor's voice.
    Howard is a decidedly mixed bag for me.

I was happy about this until I saw the creative team and read that it’s the freaking batgirls who Dick teams up with. Not only is this event way to Batman happy, but I feel like DC forgets that Dick has and can hang out with a ton of other characters. I don’t understand why someone who has so many connections is reduced down to just his batfam stuff. Like they couldn’t have done a better more interesting team up? Maybe with The Quesrion? Azrael? Zatanna? Hell, I’d even take Huntress! But the batgirls is what we got?

Aside from that nitpick, I am interested in the villains who help him out. It just this event isn’t hitting the right notes for me.

Extraordinary Member

My favorite part of titans academy was the Shazam spin-off in Hell
    The realms at war with one another for power intrested me a lot.
    This is all great spin-off material for Raven I hope it can be followed up down the Road

Incredible Member

Not a fan of the creative team, not the inclusion of the Batgirls (couldn't DC give the Batgirls their own tie-in and let Dick do his own thing?).
    The creative team of the Titans book seem much better. Hope Dick will appear there as well.