Page 26 of 147 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're for sure getting OG!Robin (Dick) and probably dead!Robin (Jason). The Batgirls really just depends on a lot of factors.

(And there's no point introducing Steph without Tim in my opinion).

Did they ever explicitly confirm Cass is on the spectrum? I think there was that time Tim belittled her in B&R Eternal and it makes sense in some respects but I think that was more from her upbringing/training.
    A movie Steph would be her third live action version in the last decade. She appeared in an episode of Batwoman season 2 (with red hair, so she looked more like Babs - the episode did involve Cluemaster though). She's also in Gotham Knights played by a different actress (and actually blonde this time). Neither show has Tim.

I'm not sure Cass is autistic either. She was just trained in body language and not speech, so she took a very long time to be able to speak in full sentences. That's nurture, her upbringing to blame, not nature, i.e. a mental problem.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dick is a certainty. Barbara too, probably as Oracle. Jason too, just mention Robin who died and that's it, Jason is introduced. Cass is easy to fit, Steph and Tim I think could end up out.
    Helena may appear in a Nightwing or Birds of Prey movie. Duke they're going to have to find a space for representation(. Kate, not a chance.

Astonishing Member

I think some of it depends on how this new DCU is going to be set-up with spin-offs.

I think Steph is an easy miss for the films unless your specific aim was to have a really big Bat Family - but she's pretty perfect for an "in-continuity" TV show. "Normal teen who discovers her dad is a Bat Villain" is a good pitch, and means she can operate mostly independently from expensive Movie Star actors apart from whatever cameos can be worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I think some of it depends on how this new DCU is going to be set-up with spin-offs.

I think Steph is an easy miss for the films unless your specific aim was to have a really big Bat Family - but she's pretty perfect for an "in-continuity" TV show. "Normal teen who discovers her dad is a Bat Villain" is a good pitch, and means she can operate mostly independently from expensive Movie Star actors apart from whatever cameos can be worked out.
    Honestly I feel like Spoiler Steph has more room than Batgirl Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    But i think a DC manga would need to get the base of the characters and reinvent the world. Create new power systems and stuff like that. To just read DC Comics in manga form would be more of the same.
    That's what I'm saying. Manga fans aren't gonna buy a DC comic with manga art. If those manga fans wanted DC comics, they'd be buying them. A manga would have to take the core and spirit of the characters and mythos, and then build around that to fit the particular aesthetics and structures of manga.

Personally I think if DC could manage to sneak into the manga market, it'd be pretty great for them. I hear the latest batch of DC manga, which were actually done by manga creators, sold a lot better than the previous "regular comic with Dragon Ball art!" efforts, and I'm curious how they'll sell in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not sure Cass is autistic either. She was just trained in body language and not speech, so she took a very long time to be able to speak in full sentences. That's nurture, her upbringing to blame, not nature, i.e. a mental problem.
    Maybe she's not, it's been a long time since I read her. But I swear it was implied...somewhere....that her issues with communication and such weren't only because of her upbringing. I could be wrong, but I also think it'd be good for DC if I'm not. Cass seems more compelling to me if she's on the spectrum.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I can see how it'd be easier to write Spoiler, Batgirl and Oracle, than trying to write 3 Batgirls.

Astonishing Member

Nah. The lack of a recognizable name makes it unlikely that Stephanie as Spoiler would be included in the Batfamily.

I think Stephanie as Batgirl would have more opportunity to have some relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Nah. The lack of a recognizable name makes it unlikely that Stephanie as Spoiler would be included in the Batfamily.

I think Stephanie as Batgirl would have more opportunity to have some relevance.
    Nope. Spoiler works better, from the standpoint of introduction, and her backstory tied to Cluemaster. Having her as Batgirl would either dilute or change her story completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Maybe she's not, it's been a long time since I read her. But I swear it was implied...somewhere....that her issues with communication and such weren't only because of her upbringing. I could be wrong, but I also think it'd be good for DC if I'm not. Cass seems more compelling to me if she's on the spectrum.
    At least that's better than writing her like she's deaf or mute.

Stop hitting him on the head
    Punchline - The Gotham Game 005-017.jpg
    Punchline The Gotham Game #5

That's twice in the same month someone whacked his noggin. Maybe Dick needs to take a fashion tip from Jason (who wears a helmet!)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Stop hitting him on the head
    Punchline - The Gotham Game 005-017.jpg
    Punchline The Gotham Game #5
    I feel like we should blame Injustice for this. Or Ric.

How were Jamal Campbell's short stories? Saw that he wrote and drew Dick in Urban Legends #22-23 and Batman Black and White #5.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    How were Jamal Campbell's short stories? Saw that he wrote and drew Dick in Urban Legends #22-23 and Batman Black and White #5.
    There were pretty cool. The secret of the villain was very on the nose, but it was enjoyable nevertheless.

The Black and White one is more of a homage to the character than an actual story.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.