Page 32 of 147 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Imagine how dangerous Heartless is, all this time with Dick doing other things, being saved by the 10th different character in this run, and he just doesn't do anything.
    Taylor has done wonders for Nightwing's sales and I hope he can do the same for the Titans, but he will leave no impact on the character because he hasn't written nor created anything worth remembering. It's truly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Sadly it's just how they been treating Babs and with batgirls gone not sure where there is next for her to go. I get why Tom has her but I wish this wasn't the only comic we see her in. After it's not like people don't want to see Babs in titans but she shouldn't be used in that matter. The question becomes after all is said and done what happens to Babs after Tom done because Dc must know
    We don't want her in nightwing comic all the time and want her to be her own superhero
    No, I definitely don't want to see her in the Titans book. There is no need for her to show up, especially when they have Cyborg on the team. They need to figure out something for her because having her around all the time does nothing for Dick either. He ends up doing less on his own and that's no fun as a reader but to be fair I have dropped the book a while ago, maybe things have changed, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 03-22-2023 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Taylor has done wonders for Nightwing's sales and I hope he can do the same for the Titans, but he will leave no impact on the character because he hasn't written nor created anything worth remembering. It's truly impressive.

No, I definitely don't want to see her in the Titans book. There is no need for her to show up, especially when they have Cyborg on the team. They need to figure out something for her because having her around all the time does nothing for Dick either. He ends up doing less on his own and that's no fun as a reader but to be fair I have dropped the book a while ago, maybe things have changed, but I doubt it.

Overall that's why despite how good the sales are. I don't think anything he brought will really be brought up again because he never really showed us what Bludhaven looked like before and after r Dick put money into Bludhaven and never really made us feel much.

I really hope they reboot the BoP and not keep her in nightwing or the titans. She needs something and it's been a while since they made her stay she doesn't need to be in nightwing if they have the titans in Bludhaven

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Literally one of the only times I've ever really been excited about one of DC's big initiatives. This cover only adds to that excitement. Nightwing hasn't been this good or praiseworthy - well - ever!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Final trailer

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Final trailer

Hopefully it ends well. By Titans standards.

Read Nightwing #102. Shaping up to be Taylor’s weakest story of the run. The Smiling Man actually isn’t a bad antagonist but it’s all so scatterbrained and he keeps trying to juggle all of these various plotlines at once, but it feels like he keeps getting distracted from the main Heartless plot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Read Nightwing #102. Shaping up to be Taylor’s weakest story of the run. The Smiling Man actually isn’t a bad antagonist but it’s all so scatterbrained and he keeps trying to juggle all of these various plotlines at once, but it feels like he keeps getting distracted from the main Heartless plot.
    There's also the Titans utterly steam-rolling the villain without any difficulty.

Like I get the Grinning Man isn't the main threat but the Titans are handling everything way too easy.

Man that is a weird conundrum. Very successful but at the same time lacking in substance.

Okay its not that rare, Michael Bay managed to be successful with all flash and substance after all.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 03-23-2023 at 06:46 PM.

I don’t see Haley going anywhere. Generally speaking Taylor’s run will probably be Nightwing’s most adaptable. I think you guys are projecting a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don’t see Haley going anywhere. Generally speaking Taylor’s run will probably be Nightwing’s most adaptable. I think you guys are projecting a bit.
    I don't think that's really addressing peoples' criticisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    There's also the Titans utterly steam-rolling the villain without any difficulty.

Like I get the Grinning Man isn't the main threat but the Titans are handling everything way too easy.

Man that is a weird conundrum. Very successful but at the same time lacking in substance.

Okay its not that rare, Michael Bay managed to be successful with all flash and substance after all.
    Rule of cool sells. Thoughtful, well written stories are great.... don't necessarily sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Seeley Nightwing Rebirth is my vote for being the most adaptable. It made Bludhaven more unique and Dick had more growth and storyline. Plus if you combine it with the work from Humphries Nightwing Rebirth, it works out very well. And the side characters could actually be used in a significant and impactful way. And if you wanted to include elements from Ric Grayson (Nightwing’s or Bea) it would be very easy to do so without having to touch upon the bullet in the head.

If DC wanted to expand on their spy stuff, Seeley/King Grayson is also very adaptable. It actually hits the hallmarks of storytelling too. Faked death, forced to be a spy, former love becoming your main love interest, mysterious enemy, the past comming back to haunt, people discovering you’re still alive, ect ect. You could actually get a good Pg-13 tv series out of Grayson tbh lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

But that has been a problem in this run since the beginning, sofar non of the villains felt really like much of a thread.

Taylor has never been able to find a way to keep the villains threatening without the freedom the Elseworlds provide to kill off C-Listers. Injustice ruined him because that’s where he established himself as a writer, but it also is where he developed a lot of bad habits that he can’t seem to grow out of.

In a long running storyline like he’s trying with Heartless, we need to see the villains win some times through either brawn or brains. Heartless needs to actually beat Nightwing, but in a way that doesn’t make Nightwing look stupid. Instead Heartless just seems to put his plans on hold and wait every time Dick gets side tracked by other plots. I think this current filler arc would be helped if we saw a page or so every issue of Heartless making deals or preparing while Nightwing is dealing with Neron, to show that he’s not just sitting around but being proactive himself.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-24-2023 at 12:13 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Seeley Nightwing Rebirth is my vote for being the most adaptable. It made Bludhaven more unique and Dick had more growth and storyline. Plus if you combine it with the work from Humphries Nightwing Rebirth, it works out very well. And the side characters could actually be used in a significant and impactful way. And if you wanted to include elements from Ric Grayson (Nightwing’s or Bea) it would be very easy to do so without having to touch upon the bullet in the head.

If DC wanted to expand on their spy stuff, Seeley/King Grayson is also very adaptable. It actually hits the hallmarks of storytelling too. Faked death, forced to be a spy, former love becoming your main love interest, mysterious enemy, the past comming back to haunt, people discovering you’re still alive, ect ect. You could actually get a good Pg-13 tv series out of Grayson tbh lol
    I agree. I know some people didn't like Seeley's run, but he is one of the few writers, who tried to give Bludhaven its own charm and make it Nightwing's city and not just Gotham 2.0. He also tried to utilize long forgotten characters and gave them a new home. Raptor is one of his creations as well, and I wish new writers of Nightwing would use him more. Higgins had some interesting ideas as well, which expanded on Dick's connection to the Court of Owls (Raya, Saiko). I would like to see those characters back and not be killed off again. Nightwing needs his own enemies and supporting cast like seriously I really hate the trend of Nightwing writers ignoring everything before their own run. Dick has been around for 80+ years and there is barely anything worth mentioning to adapt besides his origin and his days with the Titans. We need writers to actually stick to some characters and elements of the city and expand of it.

I agree. I know some people didn't like Seeley's run, but he is one of the few writers, who tried to give Bludhaven its own charm and make it Nightwing's city and not just Gotham 2.0. He also tried to utilize long forgotten characters and gave them a new home. Raptor is one of his creations as well, and I wish new writers of Nightwing would use him more. Higgins had some interesting ideas as well, which expanded on Dick's connection to the Court of Owls (Raya, Saiko). I would like to see those characters back and not be killed off again. Nightwing needs his own enemies and supporting cast like seriously I really hate the trend of Nightwing writers ignoring everything before their own run. Dick has been around for 80+ years and there is barely anything worth mentioning to adapt besides his origin and his days with the Titans. We need writers to actually stick to some characters and elements of the city and expand of it.
    100% agreed. That's why I'm not the biggest fan of the batfamily as his supporting cast and love interest. They can guest star but dick needs his own stuff.