Page 99 of 147 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2197

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This. I favor Kori over Babs but I'm not in favor of going backwards. Hell I don't think DC could actually pull off using either of them as 'the' love interest in a sustainable way; there's too many complications within the business and the fiction.

I'd rather all three of them move on and date other people, get over all the 'will they/won't they/but which one!?' angst, and settle in with new partners. Fresh starts all around, I say.
    Yes! I’ve been advocating for all three to get new starts! New love interests, new cities, new side characters and new mythos. It’s time. All three are kind of stagnant in that 80s-early 2000 era where it’s not aging so well outside of a few runs. Nightwing especially needs a freshening up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Who should use her
    She doing everything she should be doing

For Batman, titans Nightwing
    I don’t know about birds of prey

Where else can she be? As for Cass thankfully she is well liked by writers and is always available
    Creators. I like Dick and Babs, but she should also being doing more. Outside of Nightwing she’s not doing anything as Oracle besides random pop ins. She has no direction or stories of her own.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-19-2023 at 08:21 PM.

I guess Titans having **** and irrelevant stories for multiple decades AND still being around says a lot about their popularity. Other franchises would have been buried long ago with such track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Taylor has been doing great with Dick and Babs. Just wish others were doing more with Babs in general. No one wants to use her even Oracle outside of Nightwing, beyond random cameos. Not even BOP. It’s a bummer. Couldn’t even get a Knight Terror issue.
    My hot take is that Oracle is fairly boring superhero and she has stuck around mostly because it was the only option after Killing Joke was made canon. New 52 gave another option and it was rather popular option, but then DC went backwards during Joker War (I think?) so that they could add Cass and Stephanie to the mix. And it is a bit of a mess now, likely can't use her as Batgirl due to Cass and Stephanie, while talking head usually adds very little to the story. So whats left is Nightwing where her personal relationship with Dick can be explored.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess Titans having **** and irrelevant stories for multiple decades AND still being around says a lot about their popularity. Other franchises would have been buried long ago with such track record.

My hot take is that Oracle is fairly boring superhero and she has stuck around mostly because it was the only option after Killing Joke was made canon. New 52 gave another option and it was rather popular option, but then DC went backwards during Joker War (I think?) so that they could add Cass and Stephanie to the mix. And it is a bit of a mess now, likely can't use her as Batgirl due to Cass and Stephanie, while talking head usually adds very little to the story. So whats left is Nightwing where her personal relationship with Dick can be explored.
    It does help that they do have a pretty popular cartoon. Goes to show ya that all you need is just one popular adaptation and it can hold you afloat even in the roughest of times.

Sad that Barbara isn't in the upcoming Birds of Prey run. She doesn't do much currently other than being Dick's GF or being the person on the computer characters make a call for so they can get some easy exposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Unless Gunn will be pushing Dick/Babs in DCU.
    Gunn has said New Teen Titans was one of his favourite comics growing up, so he will probably push DickKory.
    Last edited by Reddead; 07-20-2023 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's not a safer or bigger brand than Batman though, and they would of course play up the Batman connection for Nightwing. Especially as it would spin off from the Batman film.

Plus again: it can be made for less money.
    Dick has never had a solo media project though. Every single one of his appearences is either with the Titans (or Titans-derivative like Young Justice) or as a supporting character in a Batman project where they generally avoid using him too much because casual Batman fans (and some creatives like presumably Nolan) think Robin is lame.

I don't think most of Nightwing's material is adaptation-worthy though, which is a big reason why it hasn't happened yet. Most of Nightwing's stories are street-level stuff like him fighting Blockbuster or wandering around Blüdhaven. Hollywood prefers to do big-budget projects capable of appealing to massive audiences worldwide. With colourful supervillains and big CGI spectacles. "It would be cheaper" isn't actually an advantage here.

Same reason why the MCU hasn't done a Daredevil movie and instead relegates him to TV shows. And that's despite Daredevil having a far greater source material than Nightwing does and Charlie Cox's version being very popular.
    Last edited by Reddead; 07-20-2023 at 05:13 AM.

With street level there is likely a question of why would you do Nightwing instead of more Batman? Batman vs Bane will generate more hype than Nightwing vs Blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    With street level there is likely a question of why would you do Nightwing instead of more Batman? Batman vs Bane will generate more hype than Nightwing vs Blockbuster.
    Because they’re not mutually exclusive. They can do Nightwing and Batman. Scheduling between projects as they take time to make, while not directly overexposing Batman. The idea is to do what Marvel is doing.

The only reason Nightwing hasn't had a movie yet is because WB screwed up with the movies so badly the company imploded. If their movies worked out how they wanted, like Marvel, Nightwing would probably have a trilogy by now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-20-2023 at 12:43 PM.

Incredible Member

dick grayson eras for an upcoming dan mora variant cover

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

How did you manage to get the DC Connect early!

and Dan Mora never misses!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    How did you manage to get the DC Connect early!

and Dan Mora never misses!
    I don't, but there have been several leaks on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Dick has never had a solo media project though. Every single one of his appearences is either with the Titans (or Titans-derivative like Young Justice) or as a supporting character in a Batman project where they generally avoid using him too much because casual Batman fans (and some creatives like presumably Nolan) think Robin is lame.

I don't think most of Nightwing's material is adaptation-worthy though, which is a big reason why it hasn't happened yet. Most of Nightwing's stories are street-level stuff like him fighting Blockbuster or wandering around Blüdhaven. Hollywood prefers to do big-budget projects capable of appealing to massive audiences worldwide. With colourful supervillains and big CGI spectacles. "It would be cheaper" isn't actually an advantage here.

Same reason why the MCU hasn't done a Daredevil movie and instead relegates him to TV shows. And that's despite Daredevil having a far greater source material than Nightwing does and Charlie Cox's version being very popular.
    Marvel DID do a Daredevil movie though and it has its own spin off with Elektra. But I mostly agree with you thag Nightwing in general has very boring mythos that are too similar to what we have already adapted from other characters. That’s why I like the spy approach because it gives him a niche no one else in dc has.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

I will 100% buy the fisical copy with this variant.
    I have Nightwing 100, Titans #1 and Nightwing 105 and this is going to be part of the collection.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Where is my Dan Mora artbook?