Page 82 of 147 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2197

Hey, at least he knows more cities than Gotham. It looks like he picked up more than one Batman comic in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're definitely getting movie Green Arrow.
    I hope they take inspiration from the World’s Finest comic.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 06-13-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    James Gunn citing the first cities that comes to his mind when he was talking about what excites him about DC.

Gotham, Metropolis, Star City and Bludhaven. Not much, but it's cool to get a mention.

That bodes well for Nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're definitely getting movie Green Arrow.
    I hope they take inspiration from the World’s Finest comic.
    LOL! Can't wait for the eventual confrontation with Slade

Very cool. I won't be surprised if we do get titans and something dealing with nightwing. The nightiwng whether it be that animated show that never happened for nightwing. I also think there will be something dealing with the titans given how much Gunn talked good among about.

It does make me wonder what if we fully don't even see Dick in brave and bold like yea the batfam is going to be there but that doesn't mean the all family is there. What if Dick is with the titans or just in Bludhaven doing his own thing
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-14-2023 at 07:05 AM.

Incredible Member

Just finished catching up on Worlds Finest and it is crazy how good Waid`s characterization of Dick is. Praying that he gets a shot after Taylor. Obviously I am in the camp that has really enjoyed Taylors Nightwing but Waid`s version of the character edges it out for me. A lot of times, especially after Dick went back to being Nightwing, writers can characterize him as too one dimensional. A happy, well rounded, empathetic, nice guy. Which may all be true but can also come off as a little boring without some flaws.

Waid did a phenomenal job highlighting some of Dicks flaws throughout the run (issue # 12 in particular). He has moments of uncertainty and even lose his composure. He also comes of as highly intelligent. Really want to see Waid Nightwing.

When they introduce Dick in the DCU I'd prefer he just doesn't show up as a member the batfamily in the cave. I'd prefer something like Dick has already quit being robin and hasn't become nightwing yet.

His first act would be him figuring out his life outside of being robin. Him and Superman can already have there relationship. Then he becomes Nightwing in his big prodigal son return story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    When they introduce Dick in the DCU I'd prefer he just doesn't show up as a member the batfamily in the cave. I'd prefer something like Dick has already quit being robin and hasn't become nightwing yet.

His first act would be him figuring out his life outside of being robin. Him and Superman can already have there relationship. Then he becomes Nightwing in his big prodigal son return story arc.
    OMG! Just like the BTAS/TNBA: Lost Years version, except with Superman

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Just like the BTAS/TNBA: Lost Years version, except with Superman

I didn't see it. But the movie should follow Dick wondering the world until he returns home as Nightwing

If he ever gets a solo movie they might show the transition...but in the context of the present day I think he'll already be Nightwing.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Can't wait for Nightwing 105...It looks AWESOME!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I love that Redondo draws Dick's body as it was pre-flashpoint, full of scars.

I just notice he is already living at the Titans Tower.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I didn't see it. But the movie should follow Dick wondering the world until he returns home as Nightwing
    I don't know if the cartoon ever covered it, but there's a graphic novel (where the scans are pulled from) that goes over everything. Dick does indeed travel the world, picks up tricks from various tribes and cultures (like the armpit-wings), and returns home.

It's a pretty solid origin story, if you want an origin that doesn't include anything about the Titans or Clark. But it's one of the handful of Nightwing stories that I think could make for a solid adaptation to larger media with minimal adjustment. It's not the origin *I* want, I like the connections to the Titans and Superman, but for a Gotham-only origin you'll be hard pressed to find better I think.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

That’s the most tame starfire outfit I’ve seen
    Combining both teams and blurring the lines between The first and second teams