Page 146 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2197

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Rose not being connected to batman is why I believe it'll never happen, Dick's not allowed that far off the bat leash
    If they can get the Titans in Bludhaven, they could get Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If they can get the Titans in Bludhaven, they could get Rose.
    I don't think the Titans will be apart of Dick's regular supporting cast like Babs or his sister are.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 12-30-2023 at 10:17 PM.

Dick being a billionaire in Bludhaven has mostly been a dud anyway. I don't see what bringing in Rose or someone similar does for the story.

Extraordinary Member

I don't the Titans will be apart of Dick's regular supporting cast like Babs or his sister are.
    I mean I think dick is living in the tower most of the time, he wakes up with Babs and then Haley and and BB run into his bed. He might have a room in his apartment complex he own. I consider the cast apart of the cast, but their presence is limited due to their power level.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick being a billionaire in Bludhaven has mostly been a dud anyway. I don't see what bringing in Rose or someone similar does for the story.
    I thought you wanted more heroes in Bludhaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I mean I think dick is living in the tower most of the time, he wakes up with Babs and then Haley and and BB run into his bed. He might have a room in his apartment complex he own. I consider the cast apart of the cast, but their presence is limited due to their power level.
    Maybe. But I'm thinking a more long term status quo. Something that'll last beyond just Taylor and the next few writers. Not just the current run.

I don't think the Titans will be apart of Dick's regular supporting cast like Babs or his sister are.
    Well, they have their own book. Taylor seems to have established his own ecosystem. His Nightwing doesn't seem to have to go through Batman. Plus even if he did, in not sure how that would get in the way of Rose coming to Bludhaven.

I thought you wanted more heroes in Bludhaven.
    I want Dick out of Bludhaven if anything. We have more heroes than ever in Bludhaven now and the stories still don't feel impactful. The setting just isn't interesting no matter how many heroes you add to it. There just isn't enough crime or villains in Bludhaven to really warrant it. To me the best issues in the run are still the smaller slice of hero life ones where it is just Dick, with Babs sometimes, being normal heroes for an issue.

I unironically think this billionaire story would have worked better with Dick in Gotham. Becoming the richest person in Gotham with more marquee villains gunning for him is a stronger narrative, and then the added dynamics of Dick rekindling his romance with Babs while at the same time having to maybe work with Jim Gordon adds some fun elements I think. Plus you don't have to constantly find reasons to drag in Gotham heroes and villains to Bludhaven to fill it out. Plus him creating some Alfred Foundation in Bludhaven doesn't work as well as creating one in Gotham.

But I also get that other Batman writers had other plans for Gotham so this wouldn't have worked at the same time, but it feels out of place in Bludhaven.

Extraordinary Member

A best selling award winning dud ! Mind you

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    A best selling award winning dud ! Mind you
    I'm glad a Nightwing book won awards, especially Redondo on art, but I think a lot of those awards has more to do with who the industry wants to push at that moment. I mean King won the same award for his Batman run after issue #50 where people universally say the qualify fell off a cliff, but it was King's turn to win.

I mean I already feel vindicated in my position of not liking Bludhaven. It's been a couple years of stories now from this run and I don't see any real significant change that will elevate the setting and carry on post Taylor.

Extraordinary Member

I'm glad a Nightwing book won awards, especially Redondo on art, but I think a lot of those awards has more to do with who the industry wants to push at that moment. I mean King won the same award for his Batman run after issue #50 where people universally say the qualify fell off a cliff, but it was King's turn to win.

I mean I already feel vindicated in my position of not liking Bludhaven. It's been a couple years of stories now from this run and I don't see any real significant change that will elevate the setting and carry on post Taylor.
    Is the industry also purchasing the book?

DC seems to be more interested in pushing Rose with characters like Jason, so I highly doubt will see her intact with Dick much ever again. However, Jericho isn't really doing much these days unless I missed something, so he would be an alright addition to Blüdhaven.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    DC seems to be more interested in pushing Rose with characters like Jason, so I highly doubt will see her intact with Dick much ever again. However, Jericho isn't really doing much these days unless I missed something, so he would be an alright addition to Blüdhaven.
    I wonder if Joey needs a writer like Taylor to improve his standing by writing him in nice, heroic, stories again.

Jericho would add no dynamic. Also Rose in Bludhaven puts her closer to Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Joey needs a writer like Taylor to improve his standing by writing him in nice, heroic, stories again.
    He might actually benefit from a writer like Taylor. Also, Joy is bisexual now if I remember correctly and Taylor did a good job with Jon, so it might work out. I'm mostly referring to him writing a bisexual character.

Jericho would add no dynamic. Also Rose in Bludhaven puts her closer to Jason.
    This might come surprising from someone who has usually nothing good to say about Taylor's writing, but I believe he would do a way better job with someone like Jericho than Rose. Jason should just get his solo back and form a new team including Rose. There is no reason to drag her back to Dick, he has already taught her everything she needs and after so many years, she is experienced enough to not be his sidekick.