Page 6 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    oh that Robin art. It's just...so...bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I'm starting to think this is not the team but just an new arc or status quo in Nightwing.

This team New team with the book will probably be with Jon, Yara ect. There the ones on the Dawn of DC banner! I could be wrong but I don't see DC giving a creep about the Titans out of the blue with no build up.
    They are doing the build up right now.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Taylor confirmed the Titans are in the Nightwing book only for a 4 issues arc (so apparently 101-104).
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...wCnI1Estg&s=19

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    1) Nice to link Dick with Pyg again - after Flamingo the other week, feels like we're on a bit of a run. Is the Batman INC title any good? Feel like I'm broadly positive towards Ed Brisson.
    Its very dependent on how much you like Ghost-Maker as a character, because as of now (4 issues), the book is entirely about him with the best of the Batman Inc. members like Knight, Dark Ranger, El Guacho, receive little focus or development.

And the focus Ghost-Maker is getting only serves to showcase what a selfish awful vile person he is.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    NIGHTWING #103
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by TRAVIS MOORE
    Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    Backup written by C.S. PACAT
    Backup art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    Variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    Variant cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    1:25 variant cover by VASCO GEORGIEV
    1:50 foil variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    Superman variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/18/22
    Who is the Grinning Man, who's always grinning no matter what he's doing, even when he's murdering people, and what kind of deal did he make with Neron? Nightwing and the Titans better figure that out soon before they lose one of their team members…
    Then, in the backup, Nightwing continues his lessons mentoring Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superman, and this time it's about using your detective skills instead of your fists.

Good to see DC remembering that Dick is a detective and he's training Jon in the act of sleuthing just like he did Tim and Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Taylor confirmed the Titans are in the Nightwing book only for a 4 issues arc (so apparently 101-104).
    Didn't expect the Titans to be a regular part of the book and to only stick around for an arc or two, but four issues is less than I was expecting.

Looking forward to seeing how it plays out, and whether the NTT group is in fact the new "League" team DC is looking at. Seems like solicits have said as much but I don't trust that completely, solicits lie all the time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I wonder if Nightwing might go bi-weekly for an 'event arc' after the Titans arc, similar to what they are doing with Flash. Bruno Redondo has said he is slow so they could be using Travis Moore for this four-issue arc to give Bruno a few months' heads start.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I wonder if Nightwing might go bi-weekly for an 'event arc' after the Titans arc, similar to what they are doing with Flash. Bruno Redondo has said he is slow so they could be using Travis Moore for this four-issue arc to give Bruno a few months' heads start.
    Maybe but Taylor has called the last two arcs big too and Redondo has needed a longer break before. It could be because the issues are 40 pages now and not every issue seems to have a backup.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    is travis booked for anything else?

If Redondo is "slow", Moore is a turtle. Great artist but rarely recall him doing an issue with out a fill in.

So what happens when the JL come's back. Will Dick still have a sit at the table? Will he also be with the JL or just a Titan?

Well ideally Dick’s team will have established themselves as contemporaries that can stand next to the JL by then. Again, ideally. A lot of thing have to go right for that to happen to at least a certain degree.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-25-2023 at 03:34 PM.

Taylor is probably writing the Titans book which will spin out of Nightwing. The League will stay on the bench for a year to let other teams have a chance at “mattering”, and while they’re gone I expect DC will push the Titans as the premiere team.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

While like Taylor’s run I hope he does not write both Nightwing a Titans. This is a good opportunity to get two high level teams on Dick. Plus variety in tone and voice is nice.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm I did not want Tom to do both Titans and Nightwing. Just Focus on his solo and force the other writer to respect his solo that’s all. A Third of the titans fans are not gonna enjoy this for one annoying reason.