Page 45 of 147 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Defacer was solid.

Astonishing Member

"The fans" on the Internet were gunning for him even in the Grayson days, tbh, because he engaged. King would keep his head down, but Seeley tried to engage in good faith on "Bruce and Dick fight in the batcave", "Dick returns from Gotham and is subject to an invasive search before rejoining Spyral", and "WAAAAAHHH - THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANT YOU TO HAVE WRITTEN!!" topics.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm on issue #13 of Seeley's run and I'm actually digging it. I dropped it originally because I didn't care for Raptor and I thought the story was taking too long and then the Night of the Monstermen happened which was just terrible but after that it seems like it's hitting a good stride.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They wanted Dick to run the League. Well, the Trinity wanted Dick to lead the big "first and last line of defense" super-team and in their minds, that's the League. They were vague about what, specifically, that entailed but presumably expected Dick to put together a new roster and rebuild the Hall of Justice, or move to the Watchtower or whatever. That's why Clark burned Dick's symbol into the chair. Dick took the position but not the crew or the HQ, and stuck with the Titans instead.
    And with the Titans not really do anything on JL level currently, that was all anyway pretty pointless.

I mean what we have seen sofar in Nightwing could have happend the same way with the League arround, and by the time they launch the Titan's as separate book, the League is probably back in action again.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think Seeley also had to deal with marching orders from the higher ups as part of the Rebirth initiative. He didn't seem interested in having to use Bludhaven, and it came through in the writing because those were the most "meh" sections. His first arc with Raptor and the team up with Damian against Morrison villains were the highlights, and if we got more of that, maybe it would have been better received.
    It's quite funny now that I think about it. He didn't want to use Blüdhaven (or at least that's what it looked like) but he is one of the few writers who managed to give the city some character and tried his best to expand the supporting cast. I'm personally open to Seeley writing more for Nightwing and/or Grayson. I miss Spyral and Tiger.

Last edited by ayanestar; 04-07-2023 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And with the Titans not really do anything on JL level currently, that was all anyway pretty pointless.

I mean what we have seen sofar in Nightwing could have happend the same way with the League arround, and by the time they launch the Titan's as separate book, the League is probably back in action again.
    ??

The Titans book will be launched next month.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The Titans book will be launched next month.
    Oh I thought they would launch that after Knight Terrors.

OK but that still just leaves 2 issues before Knight Terrors, which will have from my understanding star mainly the Justice League Characters, and maybe enough issues to complete the first Story Arc after it, nefore Justice League get's relaunched.
    And sofar that story doesn't look like anything Justice League Level.

Oh I thought they would launch that after Knight Terrors.

OK but that still just leaves 2 issues before Knight Terrors, which will have from my understanding star mainly the Justice League Characters, and maybe enough issues to complete the first Story Arc after it, nefore Justice League get's relaunched.
    I don't care about the Justice League or a "JL level" book. All I'm asking for is a decent Titans story.

Did anyone expect DC to handle this well?

I've been a little confused by DC's choices since they announced the NTT were stepping up. The Titans don't sell very well, haven't for years, and putting them in the top spot doesn't mean much when we all know the League will return sooner rather than later. I honestly think a new team name with a new roster would have been a wiser choice; the unknown element might have generated more buzz than yet another NTT reunion.

I figure the best outcome here is the Titans get an arc or two before the League returns to establish a new modus operandi and each character is pointed towards their respective "next level" where they can get some evolution and development. Hopefully that will generate enough interest to keep the book going for a minute and get the Titans beyond the stagnation that's haunted them for thirty years.

And when the League returns, hopefully DC doesn't just immediately roll back to the standard setting of the Big 7 being the JLA while the Titans regress to idiot 20-somethings still "figuring it all out."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Did anyone expect DC to handle this well?
    Don't know but here a lot of peole seemed to be excited about the Dick and his Titans now beeing Justice League Level.

And sofar nothing in the writing is showing that. Like I said the current Titans story in Nightwing could have been told just as well with the the League still active.

And honestly if they marked the Titans as League stand ins, they need to come up with something bigger.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    "The fans" on the Internet were gunning for him even in the Grayson days, tbh, because he engaged. King would keep his head down, but Seeley tried to engage in good faith on "Bruce and Dick fight in the batcave", "Dick returns from Gotham and is subject to an invasive search before rejoining Spyral", and "WAAAAAHHH - THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANT YOU TO HAVE WRITTEN!!" topics.
    Yeah... Seeley had a lot of people after him on twitter when Grayson was still coming out, as some big name fans on tumblr basically got their followers to harass him, posting out of context panels and lying about the context or just airing their grievances to whip them up. I remember one particular day he was replying to some of them for a little while and then suddenly stopped, and many of them got sooo mad when it was revealed he was going on a date because they wanted his full attention and accused him not taking them seriously. I don't remember King engaging them much, if ever, which was the smart thing to do in hindsight, as he didn't give them satisfaction of having his undivided attention, making them less likely to try in the future.

Seeley said that at one point he realized that nothing would satisfy those people except him saying “yes you are right, I suck and am a shitty writer, I will step aside and let you write the book”, so he just stopped bothering interacting with them. It’s a lesson every writer has to learn it seems, limit your engagement on social media because that’s where the crazies are.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Nightwing has been so awesome!

Maybe to help Nightwing's push to face of the DCU. He could get a second book that a team up book with the Trinity. Like each arc is a different team up between Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. That could be what help's him feel more A-list and forth pillar in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seeley said that at one point he realized that nothing would satisfy those people except him saying “yes you are right, I suck and am a shitty writer, I will step aside and let you write the book”, so he just stopped bothering interacting with them. It’s a lesson every writer has to learn it seems, limit your engagement on social media because that’s where the crazies are.
    As that old Aesop's fable goes... you can't please everyone.