Page 11 of 147 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    If Damian gets the Titans and Bruce is JL then where would that leave Dick? The outsiders? Or is he just going to be in Gotham as a Batman support character. God I hope not. This will affect 90% of outside media going forward!!
    You are thinking too far ahead. We don't even know for how many years this new movie universe will stick around, or if the same people will continue to be responsible for it. For now, we should simply celebrate seeing Robin in a Batman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    You are thinking too far ahead. We don't even know for how many years this new movie universe will stick around, or if the same people will continue to be responsible for it. For now, we should simply celebrate seeing Robin in a Batman movie.
    I know. I'm just thinking about Dick's role in the new dcu based on what we know now. He did say it's a 10 year plan starting in 2025, and will be the status quo for 90%-95% of dc mainstream media for that 10 years that we know of now.

Astonishing Member

I know. I'm just thinking about Dick's role in the new dcu based on what we know now. He did say it's a 10 year plan starting in 2025, and will be the status quo for 90%-95% of dc mainstream media for that 10 years that we know of now.
    Yeah. I wouldn't expect a big role for Dick if he isn't involved in Titans. There are many DC characters, while the Batman movies want to focus on Damian and Bruce.

Honestly, so far, every adaptation that focus on the father-son relationship between Bruce and Damian hadn't show Dick in the best light (especially since there isn't Tim Drake to receive Damian's hostily).

Extraordinary Member

The way I see it Reeves is in the clear to do young robin, without stepping on Gunns toes now, Batman year 2-3 is when Dick enters his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The way I see it Reeves is in the clear to do young robin, without stepping on Gunns toes now, Batman year 2-3 is when Dick enters his life.
    It would be nice if we could get a Robin in both Batman movies, but I'm not sure if Reeves is interested in using Robin in his movie.

It would be nice if we could get a Robin in both Batman movies, but I'm not sure if Reeves is interested in using Robin in his movie.
    Parallel stories with Damian's and Dick's Robin origin would be exciting, but I agree it is unlikely even if Pattinson has talked about Robin. Although, if The Batman 2 is their last movie I could see them sneak in a scene of Bruce going to the circus at the end.

I also think DCs animosity towards movie Robin would prevent them from airing two Batman & Robin movies around roughly the same time. But maybe they'll surprise us for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. I wouldn't expect a big role for Dick if he isn't involved in Titans. There are many DC characters, while the Batman movies want to focus on Damian and Bruce.

Honestly, so far, every adaptation that focus on the father-son relationship between Bruce and Damian hadn't show Dick in the best light (especially since there isn't Tim Drake to receive Damian's hostily).
    Well hopefully Dick will have a big role in the new dcu. I just don't know what it could be? That's the major draw back of the new dcu, if a character doesn't have a place or a big role in the 10 year plan than there pretty much limited to the comics.

Extraordinary Member

With catwoman taken off in the last film, they would have to either up Gordon or introduce a new ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    With catwoman taken off in the last film, they would have to either up Gordon or introduce a new ally.
    I'm sure there will be some Robin or Robin equivalent. There always is.

Did anyone else think Dick's involvement in Lazarus Planet: Legends Reborn was a bit weird?

Apart from it playing in Gotham, Dick saying "son" on repeat really didn't fit, and despite the ending hinting at more with Dick saying to Bruce he won't let City Boy get too comfortable, I doubt Dick'll interact with the guy again.

Extraordinary Member

If Damian gets the Titans and Bruce is JL then where would that leave Dick? The outsiders? Or is he just going to be in Gotham as a Batman support character. God I hope not. This will affect 90% of outside media going forward!!
    Why does it have to be the worst possible outcome. I did not want to wait 10 years for a boy to grow up and become Nightwing. So if we can just jump into it with him in Bludhaven then why not. His origins can be show down the road in a flashback.

Do people see the titans as Dick Grayson crowing achievement? They have 2 notable storylines. That’s it . It’s been downhill for them for the last 20 years. He has had more wins and succes as a solo character. Additionally I see his agent 37 role having an opportunity to be used since it’s a field of DC that lacks in the comics but the films will need.

Honestly DC has been setting this stage for a while . Deathstroke been obsessed With Bruce and Damian for the last 13 years. There is material that can be worked for him in a teen Titans position.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure there will be some Robin or Robin equivalent. There always is.
    I don’t want it to be some random detective

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    By continuingly being published and pushed with repeated attempts after multiple failed projects? Quite frankly the way Tim is "treated" isn't justified by the general reception to his comic projects and interest shown in outside projects. He's pushed and published far beyond his current reception and popularity.
    In terms of exposure outside the comics? He absolutely is treated the redheaded middle stepchild.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think its more like "starting with Damian allows us to skip to them being able to be there". Damian's introduction in comics allowed them to re-examine Batman's relationship with his family. So the movies can use that as a cheat to introduce them.
    And that's just one of my problems with it. It's a cheat. I have more faith in Gunn than I ever did the last bunch of people in charge, so I hope he surprises me on this one.

If Damian gets the Titans and Bruce is JL then where would that leave Dick? The outsiders? Or is he just going to be in Gotham as a Batman support character. God I hope not.
    Yeah, as much as I'm thrilled to possibly see Nightinw up on the big screen, giving the Titans to Damian just doesn't sit well with me at all.

Honestly, so far, every adaptation that focus on the father-son relationship between Bruce and Damian hadn't show Dick in the best light...
    I couldn't agree with you more.

...(especially since there isn't Tim Drake to receive Damian's hostily).
    Don't even get me started.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    In terms of exposure outside the comics? He absolutely is treated the redheaded middle stepchild.
    Which is funny considering how Morrison handled Jason .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is funny considering how Morrison handled Jason .
    I mean, he wrote him later on. I really can't decide whether or not that was a perfect or terrible characterization, though lol

It's kinda no wonder I didn't think it was worth bringing him back until Red Hood & the Outlaws. One of the few things the nu52 got right.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.