Page 128 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2197

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I'm playing Gotham Knights, which is available on Xbox Game Pass, and I'll say with sadness: Dick is the worst character in the game.
    Not only are his skills focused on co-op, but his costumes are the worst and he is so dumb, silly, he doesn't say anything intelligent. The game says he is the leader, but it is actually Barbara. She is the one who helps Jason (which is also reduced to "I died") and Dick himself. She's the one who almost always has the answer, and when she doesn't, it's Tim or Jason. Dick gets the job of saying "huh". Apart from the obsession with his ass, this joke has lost its humor, we have him saying stupid things, including via email. It's the worst version of the character's tumblr.
    The game itself is very mediocre, for anyone who plays, Batgirl is the most fun character.
    Tim sucks too.
    My tier list would be:
    1-Barbara
    2-Jason
    3-Tim
    and far below
    4- Dick
    Haha I just finished that game too! Finally hit Game Pass and my brother wanted to play so we’ve been playing. Both of us agree GK sucks. It’s like a direct to video sequel to the Arkham games. In every aspect it’s a downgrade: story, gameplay, even graphics. I played Nightwing and sadly I have to agree, there’s a few decent moments with Dick, mostly when he’s chewing out Talia and the ending, but otherwise he’s a moron. My brother is a casual and he loves Red Hood, thinks Nightwing is “a bitch” (his words lol), and absolutely LOATHES Tim after playing GK. Gameplay wise Nightwing is basically a healer/medic. He’s there to buff everyone else but his combat is just so boring. That’s what happens when you put Ubisoft devs in charge I guess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

This game was doomed, it was stuck in development hell for years, and its' concept had been reworked numerous times. Originally it was Arkham Knight sequel, starring Damian as the new Batman, then it was Arkham Origins sequel and Arkham Asylum prequel, starring Bruce and Dick, who were supposed to fight Court of Owls, and then WB wanted service game, which also was eventually reworked, because of Avengers game failure.
    The same thing is going to happen to Suicide Squad game.

Game was alright. Fell out of style, and it doesn’t really do anything above being alright. I enjoyed my time with it, but doubt I’ll play it again anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Game was alright. Fell out of style, and it doesn’t really do anything above being alright. I enjoyed my time with it, but doubt I’ll play it again anytime soon.
    Yeah, it's a mediocre game that you can have fun with.
    I played the campaign two times to platinum the game, the first only with Nightwing and second with the rest. Never came back to play again, cause there are better games out there.

But on the internet games are either trash or best thing ever.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, it's a mediocre game that you can have fun with.
    I played the campaign two times to platinum the game, the first only with Nightwing and second with the rest. Never came back to play again, cause there are better games out there.

But on the internet games are either trash or best thing ever.
    The combat is very bad imo. Complete downgrade from the Arkham games, there’s no sense of strength or impact behind Nightwing’s blows. You just whale on bullet sponges and spam abilities until the guys die. When you ditch a proven formula like the Arkham games for something new, you have to either be as good or better than what you’re abandoning. GK is much worse than Arkham in that regard, in my opinion, and that’s why reception was so harsh. (Also the story isn’t very good either, it’s just bland).

Of course the time we spent waiting for WBM’s next game after Arkham Origins probably hurt reception too.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-10-2023 at 04:45 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The combat is very bad imo. Complete downgrade from the Arkham games, there’s no sense of strength or impact behind Nightwing’s blows. You just whale on bullet sponges and spam abilities until the guys die. When you ditch a proven formula like the Arkham games for something new, you have to either be as good or better than what you’re abandoning. GK is much worse than Arkham in that regard, in my opinion, and that’s why reception was so harsh. (Also the story isn’t very good either, it’s just bland).

Of course the time we spent waiting for WBM’s next game after Arkham Origins probably hurt reception too.
    I actually agree with all theses statements, but still had some fun with the game. There is no comparison with the Arkham games that are superior in every way, but i guess i took the game for what it was and could have fun with it.

The thing i hated the most were the crafting system and all thoses stupid numbers in each armor and gear.

But like i said, i never came back to play again and it's a game with my favorite character of all time, maybe my favorite fictional character period, as a main player. Just goes to show that this game is very mediocre and doesn't stand out.

If i want to play as Nightwing i rather play Akrham City (The best playable Nightwing in all the games) or Arkham Knight.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I had such high hopes for it...

Every time the game tells me to open an email that Dick sent to someone, I already know it's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    the titans what were the Marks for his sons first assassination job 15 years ago and Slade still can't let it go and take responisbiliy for his actions that has gotten two of kids killed and the other two maimed. He's an angry pathetic loser who more often then not picks on children. He's not as cool as DC or fans want him to be.
    Yeah that’s why he’s a villain. Priest did a good job showing this side of Slade that shouldn’t be admired.

Haha I just finished that game too! Finally hit Game Pass and my brother wanted to play so we’ve been playing. Both of us agree GK sucks. It’s like a direct to video sequel to the Arkham games. In every aspect it’s a downgrade: story, gameplay, even graphics. I played Nightwing and sadly I have to agree, there’s a few decent moments with Dick, mostly when he’s chewing out Talia and the ending, but otherwise he’s a moron. My brother is a casual and he loves Red Hood, thinks Nightwing is “a bitch” (his words lol), and absolutely LOATHES Tim after playing GK. Gameplay wise Nightwing is basically a healer/medic. He’s there to buff everyone else but his combat is just so boring. That’s what happens when you put Ubisoft devs in charge I guess.
    Listen I bought the game solely off the fact that you can play as Dick and the game was such a let down. I foolishly thought each of them would their own niches to make them fun but Dicks extra flip animations or whatever or slow and boring and do nothing. I wish I had just waited for it to come to Gamepass. Conversely I played Guardians of the Galaxy cause of Gamepass and I enjoyed it so much I bought it outright. You can tell when real passionate fans are in charge of creating these experiences.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

What happened to Gotham Knights is a damn tragedy. A game starring the Batfamily but no Batman is a cool idea but it just wasn't well made enough to really showcase that potential to the maximum.

I also didn't like how the Court of Owls weren't actually the main villains and were only a red herring for the League of Shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The issue of batgirl and Batman is the power imbalance it’s , being in the same universe where Bruce has know this girl as child and has seen her grown up. It’s Bruce being a master detective and never putting an end to this early on. Finally it’s DC allowing bruce Tim to make his creepy dream come true Nearly 20 years later.

I personally like to think Dick could get out of bed sheet prison being a master escape artist. Yea having sex with harley was one way to get away,, he could have fled the moment he was untied but he stayed around to play with her rather than apprehend. Again this all comes again from the mind of a weirdo. But the reaction and choices of Dick, a grown man would have me side with no. I’m not down with pressuring but there is no pressure here except from his own libido . Harley wasn’t gonna kill him and Bruce would have found him if he choose to do nothing but he choose somthing else
    It was under duress. He didn't want to do it but Harley kept forcing the issue until he eventually said "Fine fuck it, lets just do it."

He was not entirely up for it. I ain't gonna give Harley a fucking pass for this especially in how often she acts like a total creep to other characters and gets away with it.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 10-10-2023 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I actually agree with all theses statements, but still had some fun with the game. There is no comparison with the Arkham games that are superior in every way, but i guess i took the game for what it was and could have fun with it.

The thing i hated the most were the crafting system and all thoses stupid numbers in each armor and gear.

But like i said, i never came back to play again and it's a game with my favorite character of all time, maybe my favorite fictional character period, as a main player. Just goes to show that this game is very mediocre and doesn't stand out.

If i want to play as Nightwing i rather play Akrham City (The best playable Nightwing in all the games) or Arkham Knight.
    Hated the crafting. Sorry didn’t mean to be such a downer but I’m still riding the post game low .
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Every time the game tells me to open an email that Dick sent to someone, I already know it's embarrassing.
    Oh man the writing for those was awful outside of the Clark/Lois emails which I actually dug! But the emails among the Batfamily made them feel like tweens. It’s the most obnoxious example of the “tumblrfication” of the Batfamily that I’ve seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Listen I bought the game solely off the fact that you can play as Dick and the game was such a let down. I foolishly thought each of them would their own niches to make them fun but Dicks extra flip animations or whatever or slow and boring and do nothing. I wish I had just waited for it to come to Gamepass. Conversely I played Guardians of the Galaxy cause of Gamepass and I enjoyed it so much I bought it outright. You can tell when real passionate fans are in charge of creating these experiences.
    Loved the Guardians game, only part I dislike is that spoilers:
    absolutely shove have been Peter’s actual kid. He already had a found family in the Guardians, seeing him deal with his bio daughter would’ve been a fun shakeup
    end of spoilers

I'm gradually exposing my indignation with this game: there's one, ONE, scene of Dick and Barbara talking about relationships and it's shit, and of course, she talks about his ass. 90% of the cutscenes look like those scenes from CBS police series with agents talking about the case of the week.

Loved the Guardians game, only part I dislike is that spoilers:
    absolutely shove have been Peter’s actual kid. He already had a found family in the Guardians, seeing him deal with his bio daughter would’ve been a fun shakeup
    end of spoilers
    Same. I thought it would've served as a nice shakeup for him and would fit with the themes.