Page 14 of 147 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

As someone who doesn't care about Babs and even less about her relationship with Dick, I'm perfectly fine with skipping her altogether and going straight to Cass lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    As someone who doesn't care about Babs and even less about her relationship with Dick, I'm perfectly fine with skipping her altogether and going straight to Cass lmao.
    There is a 0% chance this happens.

I can see Babs already being Oracle though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    There is a 0% chance this happens.

I can see Babs already being Oracle though.
    Hey, a woman can dream, but I would be fine with Oracle, it was the last time they did anything interesting with her, though it still won't make me care about their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Every Batman villain that’s been in a movie has been overused
    Yeah, the movies only have the most popular ones at least as main villains. Some of the secondary characters are new, and interesting, but not the mains.

Hmm... one fan-site I just read... makes an interesting observation.... Sugar and Spice presumably know Batman's secret identity.... and they escaped the destruction of Riddler's base. Two-face died, and riddler..... had his brain explode... or something, but Sugar and Spice didn't have either of those things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, the movies only have the most popular ones at least as main villains. Some of the secondary characters are new, and interesting, but not the mains.

Hmm... one fan-site I just read... makes an interesting observation.... Sugar and Spice presumably know Batman's secret identity.... and they escaped the destruction of Riddler's base. Two-face died, and riddler..... had his brain explode... or something, but Sugar and Spice didn't have either of those things happen.
    Want to know the sad thing about Batman Forever? Tommy Lee Jones is the only Two Face in live action to understand that Harvey had a split personality. Before the end of the film where he is cackling about to shoot Bruce and Dick and Bruce reminds him of his coin, his delivery and way of speaking changes entirely, saying how right Bruce is and thanking him for being such a good friend. "Yes, of course you're right Bruce. Emotion's always the enemy of true justice. Thank you, you've always been a good friend." THAT is two-face, was going to kill him one moment and then Harvey comes out the next. Tommy may have hammed it up at times, but he understood the assignment and in a more serious film would have been an even better Two-Face imo.
    Last edited by Majesty; 02-04-2023 at 08:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

It looks like the Batman and robin is getting a boost in sales, but it’s the dick version becuase they used his cover image with Damian for the presentationE1B4E8A4-B9E6-4B90-BEBA-7B8D4F8945C1.jpg
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 02-05-2023 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel gets a lot of mileage out of adult sidekicks.
    Yeah, ever since Spider-Man's debut they've been trying to make teens their own heroes - there's very few teen sidekicks, the best known are probably Rick Jones (who was sidekick to Hulk, Captain America, and two versions of Captain Marvel, eventually became a Hulk as A-Bomb) and Amadeus Cho (sidekick to Hulk and Hercules before becoming a Hulk himself, who's now called Brawn).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. Marvel doesn't develop young sidekicks. They've adult teammates for the protagonists, but they tend appear pretty fast.

Now, Marvel is creating a "new generation", but it's because they need to replace the previous heroes.
    Yeah, they are creating a new generation, but they're not replacements. Marvel sidekicks include Falcon (who's now a second Captain America and has his own Falcon), War Machine (who started as an Iron Man replacement before becoming his partner), and Wasp (originally Ant-Man's sidekick, later became Avengers leader). Though, the modern Young Avengers and Champions aren't sidekicks, except for Stinger (sidekick to the current Ant-Man, but it makes sense as she's his daughter). Actual teen sidekicks are very rare in Marvel. And the other adult replacements aren't sidekicks either (for example, Jane Foster). The modern Captain Marvel doesn't have a singular sidekick, but instead a group of partners (Hazmat, Spider-Woman, War Machine) - she has had several teen proteges, even back when she was Ms. Marvel (when Arana and Ultra Girl served that role). The current Ms. Marvel has always been an independent hero, to the point that while Kamala is technically Carol's protege, she's very much left to her own devices. Kamala's first team up wasn't even with Carol, she teamed up with Wolverine and Spider-Man first! Another hero to have had a sidekick is the second Wolverine, Laura "X-23" Kinney. Honey Badger, later renamed Scout, is her clone and younger sister, Gabby.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It looks like the Batman and robin is getting a boost in sales, but it’s the dick version becuase they used his cover image with Damian for the presentationE1B4E8A4-B9E6-4B90-BEBA-7B8D4F8945C1.jpg
    There's kind of this disconnect between how popular Dick and Damian are together versus the expectation of Bruce having a Robin that's his biological kid.

Honestly it might just be the DCAMU vibes I'm getting but I feel like they might lean into the Titans side and keep Dick and Babs separate.

But it really depends on how they want to approach her and what their priorities are with Dick.
    Very true. If DC wants to push the Titans then Nightwing's the obvious poster boy for that, and that would take a sizeable bite out of an actor's contract. And if they push Babs as Oracle then they might be looking to use her with the BoP or have her cameo across the DCU like a digital Nick Fury.

Who knows? If the films mirror the comics over the last few decades then they probably won't want Dick getting too far from Gotham, but a lot of Dick's most popular stuff in larger media takes him into the Titans' orbit, so they may lean towards that more. Or they might try to balance it, or spin Dick off entirely on his own or who the hell knows? I'm just saying, given post-Wolfman history and Taylor's current success, it shouldn't be surprising if the films push Dick and Babs.

I'd prefer Kori, but DC doesn't much care what I think.

It looks like the Batman and robin is getting a boost in sales, but it’s the dick version becuase they used his cover image with Damian for the presentation
    ....Gunn *has* confirmed that the Batman in this movie is Bruce, right? We're not skipping Nightwing and going straight to DickBats are we? Because it would really suck to miss this chance to elevate the Nightwing name and brand.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-05-2023 at 10:24 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Very true. If DC wants to push the Titans then Nightwing's the obvious poster boy for that, and that would take a sizeable bite out of an actor's contract. And if they push Babs as Oracle then they might be looking to use her with the BoP or have her cameo across the DCU like a digital Nick Fury.

Who knows? If the films mirror the comics over the last few decades then they probably won't want Dick getting too far from Gotham, but a lot of Dick's most popular stuff in larger media takes him into the Titans' orbit, so they may lean towards that more. Or they might try to balance it, or spin Dick off entirely on his own or who the hell knows? I'm just saying, given post-Wolfman history and Taylor's current success, it shouldn't be surprising if the films push Dick and Babs.

I'd prefer Kori, but DC doesn't much care what I think.
    Well, looking at the DCAMU films, Dick was in all the Batman movies and all the Titans movies, so there's precedent for that.

With Babs, it really just depends on how they want to play her. A young, fresh out of the gate, Batgirl? An experienced, older Batgirl? Or would she be better served then as Oracle and what that can lead to?

It is kind of funny to me that Babs used to be older than Dick and they started moving their ages close together but now we're starting to see adaptions where Babs is younger than Dick.

Well, looking at the DCAMU films, Dick was in all the Batman movies and all the Titans movies, so there's precedent for that.

With Babs, it really just depends on how they want to play her. A young, fresh out of the gate, Batgirl? An experienced, older Batgirl? Or would she be better served then as Oracle and what that can lead to?

It is kind of funny to me that Babs used to be older than Dick and they started moving their ages close together but now we're starting to see adaptions where Babs is younger than Dick.
    What must have been Barbara's last appearance in something that reached mainstream audiences? The Killing Joke movie?................. the red hazard light beeps.

In the case of Dick, I'm surprised he's already recognized with Nightwing by the public here in Brazil (in this case, Asa Noturna).

I forgot that Dick actually gets a good showing in Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol. 1, which Gunn advertised as a reference. He isn't in it much but how he gets away from Scorpiana would be a cool introduction scene if he appears in the movie and Vol. 1 also collects the retelling of his origin story that happened in the Final Crisis tie-in, which has honestly some of the best modern Robin!Dick scenes.

Great to see DickBats's Batman & Robin getting a sales boost. It's time more people learned that is Dick Grayson and appreciate they dynamic he and Damian have.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Great to see DickBats's Batman & Robin getting a sales boost. It's time more people learned that is Dick Grayson and appreciate they dynamic he and Damian have.
    Dick and Damian would probably be really well received by the mainstream audience if they were given a chance, but Dick isn't popular enough as Batman for WB to risk it so that is never going to happen, nevertheless it's always good to see DickBats's Batman & Robin comic getting some love.

I also love how Gunn has proven you can boost comic sales by simply name-dropping the comic titles inspiring the movies lol.

Extraordinary Member

A titans teams can’t come together until the JL film does.
    I would not worry about it too much. The titans also haven’t done much in the last 20 years so can be pushed aside. Let’s say Donna Roy Garth Wally all get skipped, which I feel they will be. Then they can recreate the team and storylines with Damian. If Damian performs well with his debut then TT are pretty much ago.

...I seriously doubt Wally West will be skipped in the DCU. Hell, he might be the DCU Flash as they will probably want to distance themselves from Ezra Miller.

With Snyder or Hamada in charge my answer would have been different, but I think the people plotting the DCU like Gunn and, yes, Tom King, know who the best Flash is.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 02-05-2023 at 02:12 PM.