Page 5 of 147 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I still have trust issues after the JL shut them down, grounded Donna
    It’s like yes thank you but still permissive

Remember when they made Black Canary in charge but we’re running things in their pocket dimension

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Spoilers for Nightwing#100.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nigh...2023-spoilers/

Solicits and covers already gave much of this outcome away
    No surprise here, I still think this will be for an arc or two before a spin-off book.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    No surprise here, I still think this will be for an arc or two before a spin-off book.
    That’s a safe bet to make. I think DC is going to copy what Waid did over in World’s Finest, building up Nezha there before spinning out an event. We may see more of that going forward.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Strong trends for today hope the book has a big sales bump for the month
    06799F46-12A4-4735-8ACD-6594D8ADABFE.jpg

Dick wanted to adopt Jason.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BATMAN INCORPORATED #7
    Written by ED BRISSON
    Art by MICHELE BANDINI
    Cover by JOHN TIMMS
    Variant cover by MICO SUAYAN
    1:25 variant cover by JOHN TIMMS
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/11/23
    No one is safe as Professor Pyg continues his warpath across Gotham. Meanwhile, Ghost-Maker has the worst Gotham has to offer in his grasp and must decide whether to keep his promise to Bruce or end their reign of terror—for good. Can Batman Inc. find Pyg in time to save the city? Will Ghost-Maker fall back into his old ways?
    Guest-starring Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin, and more of Gotham's finest.
    And as if that weren't enough—the road to Joker Inc. begins here!

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST #14
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by SERG ACUNA
    1:25 variant cover by HAYDEN SHERMAN
    1:50 variant cover by NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA
    Superman variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/18/23
    BRUCE WAYNE…A MURDERER?
    Bruce Wayne's billionaire rival Simon Stagg is dead. And Bruce Wayne is suspect number one! With their friend's freedom and reputation on the line, Superman, Robin, and Metamorpho, the Element Man, join forces to exonerate the Dark Knight's alter ego the best way they can: by finding Stagg's real killer before they strike again!

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

NIGHTWING #103
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by TRAVIS MOORE
    Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    Backup written by C.S. PACAT
    Backup art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    Variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    Variant cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    1:25 variant cover by VASCO GEORGIEV
    1:50 foil variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    Superman variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/18/22
    Who is the Grinning Man, who's always grinning no matter what he's doing, even when he's murdering people, and what kind of deal did he make with Neron? Nightwing and the Titans better figure that out soon before they lose one of their team members…
    Then, in the backup, Nightwing continues his lessons mentoring Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superman, and this time it's about using your detective skills instead of your fists.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

1) Nice to link Dick with Pyg again - after Flamingo the other week, feels like we're on a bit of a run. Is the Batman INC title any good? Feel like I'm broadly positive towards Ed Brisson.
    2) New villain, a demonically empowered murderer? That could work.
    3) I think we could have got the premise of "the Grinning Man" without the solicit explaining that he's a man who's always grinning.
    4) The "Nightwing Mentoring Jon" back-ups are back! Pascat did good work in the Annual, so I'm pleased about that.
    5) World's Finest, as ever, looks a lot of fun.

Still no Titans/new Justice League though. I wonder at this point if they'll wait for Jon's new mini to end, and use the events of that as an instigating factor for a new team book with him and Dick on?

this backup is the most lost thing in the world.

oh, sure.... where's Duke?
    it will be fun
    Last edited by Felipe Silveira; 01-20-2023 at 10:49 AM.

How could they not release a high-res image of Moore's Titans? The nerve.

I hope Dick gets good interactions with Pyg. It would be cool if the Batgirl and Robin were Steph and Damian as a throwback to Batman & Robin but probably not. I haven't heard good things about Batman Inc. Hopefully it ends up being one of the few good Dick guest appearances.

Can only reiterate what I've been saying: Nice to have backups. Hope it won't only be Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    this backup is the most lost thing in the world.

oh, sure.... where's Duke?
    it will be fun
    I mean, it's quite clear the Jon backups are happening because Taylor is writing both and he brought C. S. Pacat to DC.

Extraordinary Member

Is Nightwing getting a sidekick in City Boy?

Also is Nightwings book the only one to be demonstrating the titans as the New Premiere team, effectively making it the DCU BOOK,
    I had not thought of that before and I feel that brings it xecutive interferences, will Barry and Jaimie have to guest star when their movies come out, Black Adam and Naomi were only on the teams to hype up their films and tv show

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is Nightwing getting a sidekick in City Boy?

Also is Nightwings book the only one to be demonstrating the titans as the New Premiere team, effectively making it the DCU BOOK,
    I had not thought of that before and I feel that brings it xecutive interferences, will Barry and Jaimie have to guest star when their movies come out, Black Adam and Naomi were only on the teams to hype up their films and tv show
    I'm starting to think this is not the team but just an new arc or status quo in Nightwing.

This team New team with the book will probably be with Jon, Yara ect. There the ones on the Dawn of DC banner! I could be wrong but I don't see DC giving a creep about the Titans out of the blue with no build up.

That cover with all of Dicks' friends and family while the villains feel like an afterthought seem fitting .

But that fancy wear cover! Dang !
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    1) Nice to link Dick with Pyg again - after Flamingo the other week, feels like we're on a bit of a run. Is the Batman INC title any good? Feel like I'm broadly positive towards Ed Brisson.
    The most I've heard of it is that it makes Ghost-Maker harder to swallow as a character.