Page 66 of 147 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Got to ask though. Do they really need to spend time showing those beats because there's an actually interesting story people will pay money to read about, or is it to just appease twitter. For both Dick and Babs btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Got to ask though. Do they really need to spend time showing those beats because there's an actually interesting story people will pay money to read about, or is it to just appease twitter. For both Dick and Babs btw.
    It's clearly for Twitter, This is Superhero comics not episodes of general hospital haha.

I do wonder how different things would be had they bit the bullet and made Babs Batgirl again instead of giving us Batwoman during Post-Crisis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do wonder how different things would be had they bit the bullet and made Babs Batgirl again instead of giving us Batwoman during Post-Crisis.
    I've understood the original Post-Crisis plan was that Barbara turns into Batwoman.

They just don't want Cassandra as Batgirl at the same time, because they fear it causes confusion between the audience.

Don't believe there was a plan for Barbara to turn into Batwoman, just a rejected pitch. Then years later DC reintroduced Kate.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-29-2023 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    It's clearly for Twitter, This is Superhero comics not episodes of general hospital haha.
    What? they think Twitter reads comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Don't believe there was a plan for Barbara to turn into Batwoman, just a rejected pitch. Then years later DC reintroduced Kate.
    Yeah, the Batwoman suit was based off a concept for Babs' new Batgirl suit.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    some of the biggest selling comics have always included a healthy dose of soap opera from Claremont's X-Men to Wolfman & Perez's NTT. They focused as much on character development and interaction outside of costumes as they did in costume (and sometimes more).

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    some of the biggest selling comics have always included a healthy dose of soap opera from Claremont's X-Men to Wolfman & Perez's NTT. They focused as much on character development and interaction outside of costumes as they did in costume (and sometimes more).
    Gotta have drama to spice up the story. But there's a lot of nuance and subtlety to drama that defines whether it's good or bad... from a writing perspective.

There’s dramatic drama, and then there’s watching someone learn how to eat with a spoon again.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-30-2023 at 06:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This reminds me of the Search section of Knightfall where Bruce goes on an international adventure despite being in a wheelchair still suffering the debilitating injuries from the Bane fight

Its pretty funny really, instead of physical therapy he just gets back into the action though in fairness the whole thing was about rescuing a doctor who could heal his injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I've understood the original Post-Crisis plan was that Barbara turns into Batwoman.

They just don't want Cassandra as Batgirl at the same time, because they fear it causes confusion between the audience.
    That's dumb. They'd have had different codenames and costume designs. Nobody would mix up Babs and Cass. If it was Steph I could understand - her costume does look like it could belong to Babs (she just has different colour hair - that's probably why Steph's current suit looks more like her Spoiler one than her original Batgirl one), and in black and white I could imagine them being confused.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What are your guys’ thoughts on DCAU Dick Grayson? Just finished BTAS and found him enjoyable overall. Some of the writers definitely didn’t like him that much, he got knocked around a lot, but Robin’s Reckoning was one of the best two part episodes in the show and let him be the one to save Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What are your guys’ thoughts on DCAU Dick Grayson? Just finished BTAS and found him enjoyable overall. Some of the writers definitely didn’t like him that much, he got knocked around a lot, but Robin’s Reckoning was one of the best two part episodes in the show and let him be the one to save Batman.
    AND it won an Emmy

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For what it's worth, BTAS gave me a whole new appreciation for Dick's Robin
    (regardless of what anyone says, I'll always love the costume re-design):