Page 68 of 147 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2197
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oh, yeah, it was just an assumption of the fans. What would make fans think the OG crew would have the focus in the last season?

Not to mention the arc by arc story they told, with each arc having a poster featuring, you guessed it, the OC crew in the center.

Maybe he should promote his shows differently then. When YJ was cancelled in season 2 i thought we lost a cartoon with the potential to be one of the all time greats. Now we know it only just had the potentail since it became a vehicle for the creators to make their own universe.

A season focused on Freddy Bug and a episode that wasted time on a OC Lantern from a defunct show, when one of their leads had bearly talk, is not something i expected to see when they brought Young Justice back.

I would be fine if i never saw a new episode of Young Justice ever again.
    It worked it had me super excited for the show a great promotion tactic that let me dow most weeks. I cant trust Greg wiseman anymore.

It peak in it's first season, after that it got worse each season. I could barely stand season 4.
    I do feel like the show lost a lot of what made season 1 work after the first time jump.

Too many characters, too much shifting focus, so much significant stuff happening off-screen and having off-screen character development, etc.

It peak in it's first season, after that it got worse each season. I could barely stand season 4.
    Basically how I feel. They had such great team dynamics in S1 and they threw it away for a cast that only grew ever more bloated. Jesse McCartney is still the voice I hear for Dick myself.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Basically how I feel. They had such great team dynamics in S1 and they threw it away for a cast that only grew ever more bloated. Jesse McCartney is still the voice I hear for Dick myself.
    That's who I hear for RobinDick. For Nightwing, I hear McCartney....but lower and a little more growly.

I think season 1 is, almost objectively, their best season. Had the tightest focus and best character work. But there's a lot to enjoy about the other seasons as well, unfortunately the cast and story both grew too big and unwieldly, with too many moving parts, and the show couldn't juggle it as easily as they did the smaller scale of S1.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I feel like if they get another season by some miracle, it should be the show's last.

They were lucky enough to get those 2 seasons and they didn't even use em to resolve the myth arc with the Light.

In interviews, Weisman has said he doesn't like to wrap up all his plots and he likes to leave things hanging so viewers get the sense that even if the show ends, the adventure doesn't. So I'm doubtful we'd get a resolution to the Light stuff, even if season 5 did somehow happen.

I figure at best, we'd get Darkseid invading earth, with the season ending with Apokolips leaving earth to lick their wounds before an inevitable return, and the Light still kicking around, somehow strong as ever, saying "We lost everything and nothing went right but don't worry, it's all according to plan....."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I feel like if they get another season by some miracle, it should be the show's last.

They were lucky enough to get those 2 seasons and they didn't even use em to resolve the myth arc with the Light.
    Yeah, the dominoes got setup, but some of them just got... forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    In interviews, Weisman has said he doesn't like to wrap up all his plots and he likes to leave things hanging so viewers get the sense that even if the show ends, the adventure doesn't. So I'm doubtful we'd get a resolution to the Light stuff, even if season 5 did somehow happen.

I figure at best, we'd get Darkseid invading earth, with the season ending with Apokolips leaving earth to lick their wounds before an inevitable return, and the Light still kicking around, somehow strong as ever, saying "We lost everything and nothing went right but don't worry, it's all according to plan....."
    Yeah, that sounds about right.

Weisman basically works like he's writing a comic book ongoing .

See, I remember Gargoyles, I kinda know how he does stuff, it's just... some things are a bit too... important to just... leave out. Leaving it for later is one thing, but leaving it entirely seems... off.

Agreed. The reason why season one was so well received was because it had a small roster, which made it easy to develop the characters, but starting with the timeskip everything just got worse and worse. I also feel like the timeskip happened too early, maybe it would have been better to actually show the members transitioning to their new roles but adding more and more characters was definitely what ruined the show in the end. None of the new members got the chance to truly shine, and most viewers still wanted to see the OG team. Hell, I still remember how there would be fans wondering if they would finally bring back Wally at the start of each new season.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    See, I remember Gargoyles, I kinda know how he does stuff, it's just... some things are a bit too... important to just... leave out. Leaving it for later is one thing, but leaving it entirely seems... off.
    I remember when that cartoon was on, but I never watched it. Do you think Weisman would've wrapped up the Light if he'd gotten another season?

How do the YJ tie-in comics sell? I know they wrapped one up not too long ago (my son was reading it). Wonder if Weisman ever considered doing another "season" in OGN form, or if WB would even green light it?

~ Black Panther.

I remember when that cartoon was on, but I never watched it. Do you think Weisman would've wrapped up the Light if he'd gotten another season?

How do the YJ tie-in comics sell? I know they wrapped one up not too long ago (my son was reading it). Wonder if Weisman ever considered doing another "season" in OGN form, or if WB would even green light it?
    Weisman seems game when they let him do a new comic, but I don't think they're high sellers.

We'd have probably needed 5-6 more season to properly resolve the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weisman seems game when they let him do a new comic, but I don't think they're high sellers.

We'd have probably needed 5-6 more season to properly resolve the Light.
    And that's assuming he doesn't go and do something different. The upside with his work is that he doesn't feel the need to have things used immediately, so you can never be sure WHEN things will get re-used. The downside... is you don't know IF they get re-used.

Like the Sportsmaster thing... THAT was a cool plot twist! And then...... nothing.

At most Weisman might have finally had Darkseid attack, and wrap up the Apokolips threat, but the Light were never going away. Weisman didn’t want to tie up everything in a bow and since so much of YJ was about Savage being a threat over the long eons, I’m sure he would have had Savage and co. carry forward.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At most Weisman might have finally had Darkseid attack, and wrap up the Apokolips threat, but the Light were never going away. Weisman didn’t want to tie up everything in a bow and since so much of YJ was about Savage being a threat over the long eons, I’m sure he would have had Savage and co. carry forward.
    I'm sure he would have had Savage even active during the Legion's time even if their entire existence proves he basically lost .