Page 7 of 147 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I can see the objections to this, but I'm excited - it Taylor had never touched the Nightwing solo he'd still feel like an obvious choice for a Titans book (whereas I don't think he'd do great shakes on Justice League), and it sounds like him writing is one of the things that got Nicola Scott involved, and she's terrific.

But from a pure, selfish Character Favouritism point of view I think this is good for Dick.
    1) We know that the writer values him, and is motivated to show him in a positive light - so none of that 'out of touch' /'not edgy enough' /'Batman's lapdog' stuff that you could get in other runs.
    2) If the run's a success, and his solo continues to be a success, this feels like the best odds we've ever had for a Nightwing-led 'Event' rather than him dancing around the edges of Bat ones.

Incredible Member

Luckily for me I like Taylor’s run and think he’s done a great job writing Dick as an A lister. I do feel sympathy for some of the people who were not enjoying the run as much. Maybe he’s planning on ending his Nightwing run with one final Heartless arc after the Titans arc?

I do love that we will be getting a cohesive direction. One of the worst parts of modern Titans runs are that they feel out of touch with the solos.

Taylor is very much invested in the characters success.

https://www.cbr.com/titans-tom-taylo...ott-interview/
    It's been so nice seeing Babs and Dick back together in Nightwing. Tom, I've got to ask -- is there any chance wedding bells could be on the horizon for the pair?

Taylor: I'm sorry, there are no wedding bells in the future, no matter how much we'd love to see it happen. I'm sorry. But look, they will have a wonderful, beautiful family relationship with Haley as their surrogate child. They'll just keep progressing as crime-fighter lovers.
    At least he’s upfront about it (I never expected otherwise).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    While like Taylor’s run I hope he does not write both Nightwing a Titans. This is a good opportunity to get two high level teams on Dick. Plus variety in tone and voice is nice.
    For now, Taylor is exactly the kind of writer the Titans need, even if I'm not his biggest fan. There is a reason why Nightwing is selling as well as it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/titans-tom-taylo...ott-interview/

At least he’s upfront about it (I never expected otherwise).
    I guess even Taylor knows he can only go too far .

"Progressing as crime-fighter lovers" - considering that up to this point I think that probably just means being a rock-solid Superhero couple who work together with no fuss or drama.

I wonder if he'll double down on Dick and Kory being platonic in his Titans run since Dick and Babs is the OTP to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess even Taylor knows he can only go too far .

"Progressing as crime-fighter lovers" - considering that up to this point I think that probably just means being a rock-solid Superhero couple who work together with no fuss or drama.

I wonder if he'll double down on Dick and Kory being platonic in his Titans run since Dick and Babs is the OTP to him.
    With him writing both Nightwing and Titans we won't have to worry about another case of "OMG, Dick is cheating" like we almost had in Teen Titans Academy.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    With him writing both Nightwing and Titans we won't have to worry about another case of "OMG, Dick is cheating" like we almost had in Teen Titans Academy.
    I remember how much that scene sucked for Starfire .

Dick Grayson as Robin Gold Label figure launches for pre-order on FEBRUARY 7th

Last edited by RedBird; 01-28-2023 at 11:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

This is legit awesome. I love it so much.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

When you realize this was a leotard and not actually scale panties .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When you realize this was a leotard and not actually scale panties .
    At long last, the truth is finally revealed (LOL):

So, James Gunn announced what is basically a Batman and Robin movie with Bruce and Damian. Also said that is the beginning of the Batfamily.

Hopefully Dick will have a chance in this universe.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I expect he'll already be established as Nightwing. The question mark is going to be Tim, Cass and Steph. Will they decide one Robin and one Batgirl is enough?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So, James Gunn announced what is basically a Batman and Robin movie with Bruce and Damian. Also said that is the beginning of the Batfamily.

Hopefully Dick will have a chance in this universe.
    Absolutely Dick and Damian are linked and the only other batfamily member aside from Alfred and Bruce I can see guaranteed

The batfamily would take 20 years to introduce considering it’s size, I don’t mind this.
    It don’t look good for Tim tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I expect he'll already be established as Nightwing. The question mark is going to be Tim, Cass and Steph. Will they decide one Robin and one Batgirl is enough?
    Yeah, i can see they going the route of the previous animated universe. Skipping Jason and Tim and going for Damian from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Absolutely Dick and Damian are linked and the only other batfamily member aside from Alfred and Bruce I can see guaranteed

The batfamily would take 20 years to introduce considering it’s size, I don’t mind this.
    It don’t look good for Tim tho.
    If Dick is already Nightwing and has a chance to shine in this universe, i wouldn't mind either.