Page 83 of 147 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2197
    Extraordinary Member

What a sight waking up to Barbara Gordon...except she's not wearing a goofy or reference T-Shirt, which feels off.

Really not selling me on Melinda Taylor.

I guess the Double Dare Twins have either been brainwashed or blackmailed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That’s the most tame starfire outfit I’ve seen
    Combining both teams and blurring the lines between The first and second teams
    It's weird. The continuity is all over the place. And it feels like it's mis-representing the New Teen Titans era and treating it like it was just an extension of the Fab Five.

Also I guess that just means Starfire really let herself out when she got older .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What a sight waking up to Barbara Gordon...except she's not wearing a goofy or reference T-Shirt, which feels off.

Really not selling me on Melinda Taylor.

I guess the Double Dare Twins have either been brainwashed or blackmailed.

It's weird. The continuity is all over the place. And it feels like it's mis-representing the New Teen Titans era and treating it like it was just an extension of the Fab Five.

Also I guess that just means Starfire really let herself out when she got older .
    Mabey this means if we get an extended order on the tales of the teen titans the roster can let the new TTS on it

Don't to want kill the mood but I just want to say Happy Belated Birthday to Perez. Without him there would be no Nightwing.

Mabey this means if we get an extended order on the tales of the teen titans the roster can let the new TTS on it
    Maybe? I'd love to see them do stuff like that for other Titans like the Titans West team.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I just notice he is already living at the Titans Tower.
    Of course he is. He was homeless, remember, his last home got blown up! He's been bunking with Babs since then (she has two homes of her own, the Clock Tower that serves as Oracle HQ, and the place the other Batgirls have been living).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course he is. He was homeless, remember, his last home got blown up! He's been bunking with Babs since then (she has two homes of her own, the Clock Tower that serves as Oracle HQ, and the place the other Batgirls have been living).
    Is that true?

That’s the most tame starfire outfit I’ve seen
    Yeah I dunno how I feel about it. I'm not big on 'sexy' heroes in my comic books showing off what X'hal gave them just for the sake of eye candy. Not big on Wonder thongs or any of the rest of it. It's drawings on paper, not much to get excited about if you know what I mean. But it's in Kori's character to dress in a revealing way. It's part of who she is (personally and culturally, as all/most Tamaraneans seem to like showing skin), and while I'm fine with that evolving over time (as we all change with age) I don't like changing it retroactively, as it changes who she was/is.

But as a father, I'm also more comfortable with my little girl reading about Starfire when she's wearing some damn clothes too.

Can't wait for 105, I forgot it was a PoV issue and I'm really, really looking forward to it. I actually had the same idea years back when plotting out my hypothetical multi-year Superman run (I wanted to do an annual PoV issue for different characters and was bored enough to do issue breakdowns for the first five years), and I'm curious to see if it would actually work.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah I dunno how I feel about it. I'm not big on 'sexy' heroes in my comic books showing off what X'hal gave them just for the sake of eye candy. Not big on Wonder thongs or any of the rest of it. It's drawings on paper, not much to get excited about if you know what I mean. But it's in Kori's character to dress in a revealing way. It's part of who she is (personally and culturally, as all/most Tamaraneans seem to like showing skin), and while I'm fine with that evolving over time (as we all change with age) I don't like changing it retroactively, as it changes who she was/is.

But as a father, I'm also more comfortable with my little girl reading about Starfire when she's wearing some damn clothes too.

Can't wait for 105, I forgot it was a PoV issue and I'm really, really looking forward to it. I actually had the same idea years back when plotting out my hypothetical multi-year Superman run (I wanted to do an annual PoV issue for different characters and was bored enough to do issue breakdowns for the first five years), and I'm curious to see if it would actually work.
    It feels like they're aging her and the entire NTT generation down for that sequence which is why it feels really weird.

This does make me wonder if her kissing Dick to learn English is going to still be canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He is a billionaire, he could just rebuild the building, which I believe he probably did, since he would not let the other people that lived there actually be homeless.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Don't to want kill the mood but I just want to say Happy Belated Birthday to Perez. Without him there would be no Nightwing.
    God Bless You.

I do have to wonder how much this costume was inspired by the Perez look

Wait... who drew that run? *looks it up* oh, that run had several artists... apparently this shot is by Paco Diaz, not sure if he designed the outfit though. might have been Joe Dodd. Hmm does look a LOT like Dick Grayson's outfit from that run though.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I love that Redondo draws Dick's body as it was pre-flashpoint, full of scars.
    I recognize some of those injuries too. Good attention to detail.

I didn't post this before because there was a cyclone here and I was almost 48 hours without electricity.
    How many were from Deathstroke?

tumblr_inline_p0gccnIj541sr0i6x_1280.jpg

Hey Johns, look here for Three Jokers 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels like they're aging her and the entire NTT generation down for that sequence which is why it feels really weird.
    Indeed.

In any case, it's a minor gripe about a costume so I feel like if this is the sticking point, things aren't too bad.

This does make me wonder if her kissing Dick to learn English is going to still be canon
    I thought the current version of the story is that Kori can learn language through 'any' physical contact (like shaking hands), and kissed Dick because, well, it's Kori, and nobody can resist the short pants.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.