Page 84 of 147 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2197

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Indeed.

In any case, it's a minor gripe about a costume so I feel like if this is the sticking point, things aren't too bad.
    There's enough weirdness going on in that flashback as it is .
    I thought the current version of the story is that Kori can learn language through 'any' physical contact (like shaking hands), and kissed Dick because, well, it's Kori, and nobody can resist the short pants.
    I think that was explicit even when she first did it.

Its not that weird. They are trying to create clear contrast between then and now to better sell the idea of having grown up. Trying to establish it better beyond then simply they looking more modern. I think Scott deservers kudos for not just relying on their costumes.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-18-2023 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that was explicit even when she first did it.
    LOL! I'll never get tired of it. The art of George Pérez means love (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its not that weird. They are trying to create clear contrast between then and now to better sell the idea of having grown up. Trying to establish it better beyond then simply they looking more modern. I think Scott deservers kudos for not just relying on their costumes.
    I think it's just weird that it's re-framing the New Teen Titans era like this when it was known for A. The Titans handling big threats without the League and B. transitioning into being young adults, while here they come off still like they're kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! I'll never get tired of it. The art of George Pérez means love (IMHO):
    Still one of the most iconic kisses in DC history.

I think it's just weird that it's re-framing the New Teen Titans era like this when it was known for A. The Titans handling big threats without the League and B. transitioning into being young adults, while here they come off still like they're kids.
    Well they were kids. Teenagers in in fact. They grew up as time went along but they were very much teenagers at the beginning. And they were really know for handling handling big threats without the League, scale wasn't really relevant back then, they were know for handling Titan threats. Size didn't play a factor. Its only in modern years that threat scale started to come into play more as DC wanted to push the JL more as a "big" deal that handles the "big" threats. But now its a thing. Its really not that weird. They are trying to create contrast between then and now to better emphasize their current direction. It serves a purpose that fairly reflects how the Titans came to be seen after scale became more of a thing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-19-2023 at 01:42 AM.

Well they were kids. Teenagers in in fact. They grew up as time went along but they were very much teenagers at the beginning. And they were really know for handling handling big threats without the League, scale wasn't really relevant back then, they were know for handling Titan threats. Size didn't play a factor. Its only in modern years that threat scale started to come into play more as DC wanted to push the JL more as a "big" deal that handles the "big" threats. But now its a thing. Its really not that weird. They are trying to create contrast between then and now to better emphasize their current direction. It serves a purpose that fairly reflects how the Titans came to be seen after scale became more of a thing.
    They were still teens but on the older spectrum of teens (outside Beast Boy) to where they're maturing, more adult, and the circumstances/relationships to suit that.

But like the whole point was to push them into handling big scale threats on their own terms without needing the League and to stop being the "sidekick team." That was one of the main sticking points when they fought Trigon.

This would make more sense if they were depicting the Fab Five rather than the NTT generation. Or implying there was some kind of transition roster between eras.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. I don't think that this is even a line up that existed in the original comics.

I don't think that you had ever Wally, Roy and Garth at the same time on the New Teen Titans, especially in the early days before Dick became Nightwing.

Incredible Member

I was under the impression they were almost college age by Wolfman`s NTT. I`ve always seen the NTT as Dick`s "college experience".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I was under the impression they were almost college age by Wolfman`s NTT. I`ve always seen the NTT as Dick`s "college experience".
    Minus Garfield yes they were, they Wernt teen titans for very long during the run

Incredible Member

Really thought I would love Taylors Titans because I have really enjoyed his Nightwing, but so far it has not look to be the case. If anything it just reminds me of how much I miss Wolfmans.

I never felt like the NTT were the B-league. They were fighting large threats like Trigon. I would be willing to forgive this revision if the team was actually dealing with large threats that felt fresh intimidating. But in the first issue it the threat was just a kaiju.

What made NTT so good was how fresh it felt while also focusing on the characters interpersonal relationships. The characters actually evolved. Taylors run gives me the vibe that its just going to be the Titans reiterating how much of a family they are all the time. Really sih Waid would have got this book. Waid Titans and Taylor solo Nightwing would have been the best of both worlds imo.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 06-19-2023 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Really thought I would love Taylors Titans because I have really enjoyed his Nightwing, but so far it has not look to be the case. If anything it just reminds me of how much I miss Wolfmans.

I never felt like the NTT were the B-league. They were fighting large threats like Trigon. I would be willing to forgive this revision if the team was actually dealing with large threats that felt fresh intimidating. But in the first issue it the threat was just a kaiju.

What made NTT so good was how fresh it felt while also focusing on the characters interpersonal relationships. The characters actually evolved. Taylors run gives me the vibe that its just going to be the Titans reiterating how much of a family they are all the time. Really sih Waid would have got this book. Waid Titans and Taylor solo Nightwing would have been the best of both worlds imo.
    That's about what I was expecting when he got the job.

That's about what I was expecting when he got the job.
    Isnt that pretty much what a titans book is now days. That's why I wanted a new roster with new dynamics and relationships. Force them to not rely on nostalgia so much. But we got what we got so we'll see how it plays out
    Last edited by WonderNight; 06-20-2023 at 12:43 AM.

They were still teens but on the older spectrum of teens (outside Beast Boy) to where they're maturing, more adult, and the circumstances/relationships to suit that.

But like the whole point was to push them into handling big scale threats on their own terms without needing the League and to stop being the "sidekick team." That was one of the main sticking points when they fought Trigon.

This would make more sense if they were depicting the Fab Five rather than the NTT generation. Or implying there was some kind of transition roster between eras.
    Dick was 18 when he became Nightwing. They were hardly old teenagers, they became older teenagers. But even older teenagers look like teenagers. Maturing isn't the same thing as being mature. Not sure the last 16-18 year old you saw but generally they still look pretty distinctly young.
    And that wasn't one of the main the points. They already stopped being the "sidekick team" and a team altoghter. Like i said the need to emphasis big scale threats into the value of a team wasn't a thing back then. Each member had their own motivation, with the overall banner of stopping Trigon, but the League wasn't even a thought back then. The League wasn't what it is now. The idea of the team having a tier system is a modern idea. One the inadvertently influenced how other teams became seen retroactively. And so has now become a relevant point to the current team. As it now exists in the ethos.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-20-2023 at 03:29 AM.

Nightwing #105 was awesome.
    As a fan of the Office, that scene had me smiling from ear to ear.

Also, Babs can fit any costume and look good, jesus.

Titans #2 was also very good, with Dick showing some good detective skills and leadership.

He didn't do much in World's Finest, but the book was great nevertheless.

Incredible week for Dick Grayson content.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Dick was 18 when he became Nightwing. They were hardly old teenagers, they became older teenagers. But even older teenagers look like teenagers. Maturing isn't the same thing as being mature. Not sure the last 16-18 year old you saw but generally they still look pretty distinctly young.
    And that wasn't one of the main the points. They already stopped being the "sidekick team" and a team altoghter. Like i said the need to emphasis big scale threats into the value of a team wasn't a thing back then. Each member had their own motivation, with the overall banner of stopping Trigon, but the League wasn't even a thought back then. The League wasn't what it is now. The idea of the team having a tier system is a modern idea. One the inadvertently influenced how other teams became seen retroactively. And so has now become a relevant point to the current team. As it now exists in the ethos.
    I mean, I think there's definitely a difference with the way Perez was drawing them and how mature they looked versus how Nicola Scott depicted them and that carried very different vibes compared to what the NTT was going for versus the flashback.

I think there was definitely a sense of scale otherwise there wouldn't have been that scene where the League won't help them because they don't trust Raven leaving the Titans to do what they do now. I think the JL was still seen as the big dogs back then. It's only now after consecutive run after run of the Titans trailing behind the League does it feel like we need to spell out the opposite, yet at the same time Taylor's flashback to convey that just doesn't work if you know your continuity.