Page 9 of 147 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, at this point, it's hardly a surprise, unfortunately. For a character that pretty much saved the mantle after Jason's death, he's really been treated like the redheaded middle stepchild a lot over the past decade or so.
    The idea of Batman and Robin was faded out over the last ten year batman has so many partners it doesn’t need to be Robin. Also Bruce has more interesting relationships with the other boys Dick Grayson Jason Todd and Damain Wayne all needed Bruce and vice versa. Whereas it was just his Batman that needed a robin in the form of tim

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No point in a titans without a justice league.
    I mean, you are not disproving my point here.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, at this point, it's hardly a surprise, unfortunately. For a character that pretty much saved the mantle after Jason's death, he's really been treated like the redheaded middle stepchild a lot over the past decade or so.
    It's because DC has no idea what to do with him and looking at the creative team for his book, they also don't care anymore. They should have figured out what to do with him in the New 52 and as for the movies, his time as a Robin barely matters, they either go with the first, the last or create a new character because they don't have the time to follow the comic timeline nor do the casual viewers care. It's a miracle we even get a Robin in a Batman movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    I mean, you are not disproving my point here.
    Not trying too, I think I see what gunns trying to do tho

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The idea of Batman and Robin was faded out over the last ten year batman has so many partners it doesn’t need to be Robin. Also Bruce has more interesting relationships with the other boys Dick Grayson Jason Todd and Damain Wayne all needed Bruce and vice versa. Whereas it was just his Batman that needed a robin in the form of tim
    While I can agree that his relationships with Dick and Jason, "more interesting" is subjective. I've never particularly found Damien particularly interesting.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    I fear the Titans are gonna get screwed as well. If Dick is already Nightwing but Superman and WW are just starting the that means the Titans likely just never existed. They might give the team to Damian or something like the DCAMU did.
    They are continuing that for Teen Titans: Robin, which imo is quite alarming. If DC could just stop giving Dick's relationships and competence away that would be great.

On one hand I get it is nice that Dick might finally show up in a DC movie since the mid 90s, but I am kind of sad that they are skipping over all his development on screen and just having him be an adult Nightwing. It is one of the big fears I had with how diffused the Robin identity has become now and how over time he will probably lose more and more attachment to Robin with it being given to other characters. Here they are skipping over Dick's origin, him creating Robin, seeing how him and Bruce become close and develop their relationship as the Dynamic Duo, seeing him form the Titans and grow up, and see him transition into Nightwing. These are some of his most defining stories and to skip over it is a little disappointing. Although I guess maybe not surprising with how much time it would take to do it. Dunno.

I have to imagine that Jason fans feel a bit similar in that they skip over his time as Robin and his sacrifice too. With Damian starting out as Robin I just don't know how it will all fit. I love Morrison's Batman and Robin run, but I don't know if it works without all that history and context involved with it. Bruce "dying" and Dick stepping in to be Batman and help guide a troubled Robin was an amazing take because how it inversed the roles of the two heroes. They might not even do anything related to Batman and Robin and it could just be using the Damian stuff from it, but it is tough to really speculate now. It does make you wonder if Damian will be given the Titans as well given Robin is more well known than Nightwing as part of the Titans.

This kind of reminds me of when they have Barbara Gordon become Batgirl or be active as Batgirl with Damian as Robin instead of Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This kind of reminds me of when they have Barbara Gordon become Batgirl or be active as Batgirl with Damian as Robin instead of Dick.
    That is the case for more than 10 years now. Not becoming Batgirl, but being active as such. Right now she is kinda Batgirl kinda Oracle, but that still is the case.
    In the New 52 she was Batgirl during the tenure of 4 Robins.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    That is the case for more than 10 years now. Not becoming Batgirl, but being active as such. Right now she is kinda Batgirl kinda Oracle, but that still is the case.
    In the New 52 she was Batgirl during the tenure of 4 Robins.
    Thank you five year timeline .

"This is obviously a feature film, and it's going to feature other members of the extended Bat-Family," Safran continued. "Just because we feel like they've been left out of the Batman stories in the theater for far too long."

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-bat...e-and-the-bold

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

This just keeps reminding me of DCAMU Batman.

Can't wait for their version of Bad Blood .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    "This is obviously a feature film, and it's going to feature other members of the extended Bat-Family," Safran continued. "Just because we feel like they've been left out of the Batman stories in the theater for far too long."

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-bat...e-and-the-bold
    *fingers crossed* for a decent Tim appearance.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This just keeps reminding me of DCAMU Batman.

Can't wait for their version of Bad Blood .

Not a bad lineup.

Out of topic, but this pic you choose perfectly encapsulate Dick's treatment in this universe.

I personally would love to see Batwoman. She deserves justice after that messy TV series she got, and maybe we could finally get that wedding we never got to see in the comics.