Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default Doctor Doom Dodges Death - Gaining and losing the Power Cosmic

In Fantastic Four #57, Doctor Doom lures the Silver Surfer to his castle in Latveria and siphons his cosmic power. The Surfer had been left behind on Earth by Galactus after he turned against his master in the Galactus Trilogy (48-50). To punish his herald for his betrayal, Galactus placed a cosmic energy barrier

The FF are powerless to stop Doom as he wields Power Cosmic and wreaks havoc on Earth. Finally Reed comes up with a plan in Fantastic Four #60

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-05-2023 at 04:21 PM.

...the story of Doom's fate continues in Daredevil #37

So once again Doom averts death because Galactus spares him from the fate that the Silver Surfer might have encountered.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-05-2023 at 04:38 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Finished painting this Doctor Doom 3D printed bust I bought on etsy
    2023-03-07 14.03.10.jpg

I'd seen this for awhile but didn't buy it for a long time because I really didn't like the sculpt. I may have mentioned earlier, but I didn't think it looked like Doom, I thought it might have started out as something else but got modified to a more saleable character. The mouth was wrong and the overall shape of the head was off too. It also had this weird texturing of the cloak and tunic. I decided I would get it and fix it to be more to my liking.
    The original print I got is the large size one, about 6 inches. The surface had deep gouges and ripples, perhaps trying to look like cloth but really just looking like unnecessary details.

2022 Doom bust 3D.jpg

Most of the customization was made using green stuff epoxy putty. This can been rolled and shaped into thin sheets and later carved and smoothed.
    2022 Doom bust 3D 2023 mods.jpg

Overall I think it's better than it was.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

I just got this book by Simone Bianchi from Italy. His art is amazing. There's only two Doom pieces, one of which is the cover. The book is available on his website for a reasonable price. There is lots of Wolverine, Xmen, Spider-man, Batman, etc.
    Simone Bianchi art book front.jpg

I also have this in a print (too bad about the blue eyes but still gorgeous).
    Doom by Simone Bianchi 2016.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Finished painting this Doctor Doom 3D printed bust I bought on etsy
    2023-03-07 14.03.10.jpg

I'd seen this for awhile but didn't buy it for a long time because I really didn't like the sculpt. I may have mentioned earlier, but I didn't think it looked like Doom, I thought it might have started out as something else but got modified to a more saleable character. The mouth was wrong and the overall shape of the head was off too. It also had this weird texturing of the cloak and tunic. I decided I would get it and fix it to be more to my liking.
    The original print I got is the large size one, about 6 inches. The surface had deep gouges and ripples, perhaps trying to look like cloth but really just looking like unnecessary details.

2022 Doom bust 3D.jpg

Most of the customization was made using green stuff epoxy putty. This can been rolled and shaped into thin sheets and later carved and smoothed.
    2022 Doom bust 3D 2023 mods.jpg

Overall I think it's better than it was.
    Very nice mods and painting! It is kind of an odd sculpt ... the texture looks like they were trying to portray Doom in chain mail?

I just got this book by Simone Bianchi from Italy. His art is amazing. There's only two Doom pieces, one of which is the cover. The book is available on his website for a reasonable price. There is lots of Wolverine, Xmen, Spider-man, Batman, etc.

I love Bianchi's art! I'll have to see about getting that book, though I may get the Marvel Masterpieces book first. Too bad I missed that gorgeous Doom print.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Wow! Bianchi is an amazing artist. Every panel he draws is a painting on its own. He has a channel on youtube where you can see him working and it’s just out of this world.
    I personally love his variant cover for Doctor Doom #1 (unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on it):

Also, his art for “Our day of doom and victory” in Fantastic Four #1 it’s worth to be mentioned:

Last edited by FRC Coazze; 03-09-2023 at 12:15 PM.

Not much newsworthy stuff lately but I did find the cover for Venom: Lethal Protector #3 by artist Paulo Siqueria in a gallery of art for sale.

Venom Lethal Protector #3 (of 5)

VENOM - AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D.?!
    VENOM has joined international super-spy SILVER SABLE's WILD PACK, but to stop planet-killing tech from falling into the wrong hands - they'll have to play by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s rules! But when New York City falls under attack, Venom may be S.H.I.E.L.D.'s only hope! And there's a new player in the game - DOCTOR DOOM has his own plans for the tech - and for Venom!
    Rated T+
    In Shops: May 31, 2023

I LOVE that sort of inking! I'd buy it in black and white. So cool! Who is the artist or inker? Don't recognize the signature.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I don't know the inker but the artist is Paulo Siqueria. I just checked out his listings at Marvel.com and he has worked on a lot of covers and a few series.

He did a cover featuring Namor for Secret Empire: Brave New World #1
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-14-2023 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't know the inker but the artist is Paulo Siqueria. I just checked out his listings at Marvel.com and he has worked on a lot of covers and a few series.

He did a cover featuring Namor for Secret Empire: Brave New World #1
    Yes, I remember that one! It was a homage, though, so no where like that. Will have to check out some of his other work.

Default Doctor Doom Last Page Appearances - update

I figured since Doctor Doom is on the cover of next week's Marvel Tiger Division #5, he must have made a last page appearance in issue #4

and voila! The artist is Creees Lee (yes, that is the spelling) and he does a nice job rendering classic Doom

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-15-2023 at 11:05 AM.

That Tiger Division series I'm waiting to read in trade. Didn't realize Doom was going to make an appearance.

This turned up in a random search, and I'd never seen it before. It's a book of Marvel goofs! Apparently, it was published in the early 80s and put together by Roger Stern, Christopher Priest and ... Grant. Of course, this is not Victor, but I love that even Stan would be in Doom's armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This turned up in a random search, and I'd never seen it before. It's a book of Marvel goofs! Apparently, it was published in the early 80s and put together by Roger Stern, Christopher Priest and ... Grant. Of course, this is not Victor, but I love that even Stan would be in Doom's armor.

That book came out in 1982. Hard to find but a great cover.
    "Because ... I am Doom

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I really wanna see this Doom's jacked face

also one more issue of Aaron's Avengers run, I really wanna see how he is gonna finish this 5 year story

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I really wanna see this Doom's jacked face

also one more issue of Aaron's Avengers run, I really wanna see how he is gonna finish this 5 year story
    I gave up on Aaron's writing and found this arc just wasn't my cup of tea. This kind of scene is why....too much sadism.