Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/09/ex...astic-four-13/

The art is great and I just love it...I don't care how insane it must be...Doom talking to his T-Rex counterpart is just beyond badass

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Looking forward to picking this up next week. This one and then there will be the Doom's team of mutants in the upcoming X-Men #29 in December.

Amazing Member

The best response to Namor's "Imperius Rex!": "Doomasaurus Rex!" [CHOMP]

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/09/ex...astic-four-13/

The art is great and I just love it...I don't care how insane it must be...Doom talking to his T-Rex counterpart is just beyond badass

Fantastic Four #13 - Random thoughts.

This issue was a bit of a mixed bag for me. It was "OK" but it seems like the story was a bit rushed. I wish there was more interaction with the two Dooms. It wasn't surprising that their alliance collapsed at the end. I wonder if there will be any follow up in the next issue?

Casting for Doctor Doom in progress?

With Marvel near to signing Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards, there are also reports that Marvel has met with Mads Mikkelson for the role of Victor Von Doom. I hope this is means that we may see Doom sooner than we may have thought. This may be do to issues with Jonathan Majors and his entanglements. Rumors are that Marvel is going to abandon the Kang storyline

Amazing Member

Although I wouldn't have guessed Pedro Pascal for Reed Richards based on physical similarity, he's an amazing top tier actor and I'll take that over super-comic accuracy every time. Mads is similarly excellent and has a way of conveying intensity/arrogance (Hannibal) that is exactly what a good Victor Von Doom requires.

Interestingly, Pedro is 48 and Mads is 57. So the majority of the story likely wouldn't be an origin story outside of flashbacks if they go this route. Very exciting and interesting development.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Casting for Doctor Doom in progress?

With Marvel near to signing Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards, there are also reports that Marvel has met with Mads Mikkelson for the role of Victor Von Doom. I hope this is means that we may see Doom sooner than we may have thought. This may be do to issues with Jonathan Majors and his entanglements. Rumors are that Marvel is going to abandon the Kang storyline

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Some company in China is now making Doom riding Novak (the bear) in statue form, and big - about 28 inches tall. It's taking pre-orders on ebay now for over $1600 plus shipping. I remember seeing this 3D art on Deviant arts and here, I think, about a year ago. It wasn't a model yet. I don't think I will be buying this, but the art looks terrific and there are two options, one Doom with a tunic and one Doom with bare armor.
    2023 SDZ Studio Dr Doom riding bear option 2.jpg

2023 SDZ Studio Dr Doom riding bear3.jpg

2023 SDZ Studio Dr Doom riding bear2.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Looks great but yeah, no way I would pay that much. Also, the company seems to have had some issues with customers on eBay. Some of them paid in advance for products that they never got.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Looks great but yeah, no way I would pay that much. Also, the company seems to have had some issues with customers on eBay. Some of them paid in advance for products that they never got.
    Yes. definitely red flags there. That's why I hesitate to buy any big statues from China. I've gotten small pieces ok, but it's a crap shoot sometimes. Too bad because that would be an awesome statue to have in the collection.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Secret Wars Doctor Doom appears in a flashback panel in Marvel Superheroes Battleworld #1, written by Tom DeFalco

Other than reprints of the original 1984 Secret Wars issues, there doesn't appear to be any new appearances of Doctor Doom in solicited comics releasing in January and February. Coming up for the first week of December we have Thunderbolts #1 (possible appearance) and X-Men #29. After that, I don't see any solicitations in Marvel Previews that indicates a for sure Doom appearance.

Nothing wrong with that, but lately it has been very unusual to go more than 2 weeks without Doom popping up in one issue or another. It could mean that they're gearing up for something big ... (there's always something "BIG" on the horizon, doesn't mean it will be good or worth waiting for), or the writers and editors are simply out of ideas for the master of mayhem, the Lord of Latveria, the GOAT himself to find his way into their current lineup of super hero stories. OR maybe this means something in regards to the MCU gearing up for a big Doom reveal in the coming movies?

It's been worse. In 1998 there were only five Doom appearances all year! That was just at the end of 2099 series. The past couple years have been particularly busy as these things go, with Dr Doom making appearances in 46 issues in 2023 and in 2022. So time to make do with what we've gotten so far, and look forward hopefully to more quality appearances in the new year.
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 11-25-2023 at 05:12 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

I think I may check out issue #2 of this new Battleworld story just to see how the story develops. Other than the titles that you mentioned, it's probably the only other appearance in the near future.

I stumbled across this interview by Christopher Cantwell about his Thanos series. He had wanted to add Doom and Namor to this version of the Illuminati that is featured in the series. It's too bad he decided that it would throw the balance off on the group.

Marvel has posted some info on comics for Free Comic Book day, May 4, 2024.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=248812861

Including this cover for Spider Man and the Ultimate Universe #1:
    SpiderMan and the Ultimate Universe #1 May 2024.jpg

Nice cover. But note that currently in the Ultimate universe, Reed Richards is play-acting as Doom.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Amazing Member

I'm not convinced it really is Ultimates Reed behind the mask. He never introduces himself so we are talking the Maker's word he is Reed. The only explanation for the mask is the Maker forces him to wear his "true face". We don't know what happened to Victor von Doom in the new universe even though the base of operations for Maker is Latveria. So it wouldn't be a stretch to eventually learn that it really is Doom behind the mask, particularly because the character has some Doom-like mannerisms.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Marvel has posted some info on comics for Free Comic Book day, May 4, 2024.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=248812861

Including this cover for Spider Man and the Ultimate Universe #1:
    SpiderMan and the Ultimate Universe #1 May 2024.jpg

Nice cover. But note that currently in the Ultimate universe, Reed Richards is play-acting as Doom.