Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast
    San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Great find, IM! Thanks for sharing, I missed that one too. Pesky last page appearances ...
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

For those interested, another masterpiece from Esad Ribić

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-21-2023 at 02:36 AM.

I took one of the models I'd previously painted and enlarged the sculpt by about 180%. That transfers to 1/4 scale, I think. I didn't print the whole thing though, I cut it down to just the bust.

2023-10-24 20.11.09.jpg
    "Because ... I am Doom

For those interested, another masterpiece from Esad Ribić

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for finding that!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for finding that!
    You're welcome. Glad to know you like it.

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-26-2023 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Previews to XMen #29, Doom's X Men

X Men 029 Dooms XMen pga.jpg

X Men 029 Dooms XMen pgb.jpg

X Men 029 Dooms XMen pgc.jpg

posted on X (formerly Twitter) by Marvel today
    "Because ... I am Doom

Happy Halloween!

This morning I came across several articles with rumors that due to Jonathan Majors continuing legal entanglements dealing with his arrest for assault, etc. that Marvel Studios was seriously considering replacing Kang with Doctor Doom in the upcoming films, along with perhaps bringing back the original Avengers. I know there are also rumors that they are working on a way to get Robert Downey Jr. back as Tony Stark even though his character was killed off.

There have been lots of very well-received projects - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Loki, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3, for example - and some which have disappointed fans (look no further than Secret Invasion and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania for proof of that). The pandemic didn't help matters and neither did pressure from Disney to bolster their theatrical and streaming offerings amid significant financial losses.

The pandemic didn't help matters and neither did pressure from Disney to bolster their theatrical and streaming offerings amid significant financial losses. We've already seen Marvel Studios make moves to get back to where they need to be, including going back to the drawing board with Daredevil: Born Again. However, Variety reports that more sweeping changes may be coming to the Multiverse Saga. According to the trade's sources, there "have been talks" about bringing back the original six Avengers for a new Avengers movie. That would include Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow.

The studio "hasn't yet committed to the idea" and money could be an issue given how expensive some of those actors - mostly Downey - are likely to be. When it comes to Jonathan Majors' ongoing legal issues and what that means for Kang the Conqueror as the Multiverse Saga's big bad, it seems Marvel Studios has been considering moving away from the character regardless of any courtroom drama.

Majors trial is scheduled for November 29th, unless it gets delayed again.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-03-2023 at 09:25 AM.

This morning I came across several articles with rumors that due to Jonathan Majors continuing legal entanglements dealing with his arrest for assault, etc. that Marvel Studios was seriously considering replaying Kang with Doctor Doom in the upcoming films, along with perhaps bringing back the original Avengers. I know there are also rumors that they are working on a way to get Robert Downey Jr. back as Tony Stark even though his character was killed off.

Majors trial is scheduled for November 29th, unless it gets delayed again.
    Apparently Majors' legal issues isn't the reason according to Variety.

A studio source notes that regardless of the actor’s legal issues, Marvel already had considered moving away from a Majors-led phase because of the box office performance of “Quantumania,” which will struggle to make a profit. “It gave people pause given that ‘Quantumania’ didn’t exactly land,” the source says. (On Oct. 27, Disney removed another Majors film, Searchlight’s “Magazine Dreams,” from the release calendar.)
    https://variety.com/2023/film/featur...ng-1235774940/

I read that article too. I think it's a bit of both but you are correct that they are probably more concerned about the weak box office. If they have to drop Majors I think they know they have other options.

Well I like Kang as a character and I am also beyond bias and beyond over waiting for Doom's arrival...before anyone thinks they would be rushing bringing him in with no build up, etc...they have ways to do this...for instance, they can start filming a series of mid credit/post credit sequences for all of their upcoming movies regardless of which one it is...letting us see just a bit of him over time...and then Secret Wars can be Doom's moment of triumph and he WINS...but in a twist the universe resets, and we end SW with the F4 and X-Men firmly established and Doom is now the ruler of Latveria only...where he can then set up future wins etc over time in a Thanos style fashion....

I just want Doom...REALLY...REALLY...BAD

The way I see it, the character of Kang has had his debut and it kind of fizzled. They need to find a new main character for their Secret Wars plans. In the comics, Kang played a very minor role in the first Secret Wars 1985 and wasn't even a part of Hickman's Secret Wars back in 2015. I thought it was a bad choice to make Kang the focus in the movies.

^^^Indeed. While he sought counsel with his accursed adversary, Doom's aircraft gets shot down by Kang
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-01-2023 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

The way I see it, the character of Kang has had his debut and it kind of fizzled.
    Yeah, exactly what he did in the MCU -.-

It’s not like you have to be a genius to realize Kang’s not the right character to carry an entire new saga on his shoulders. He may serve as a good antagonist in a single phase, but an entire saga? Pfft! He already died down. He doesn’t have the charisma nor the the level of threat required for the part. I mean… come on! “The new Thanos?” He’s a cottail rider!

There’s only one person who can save an entire universe: Doom.

I really don’t know what devil possessed them when they thought replacing him with Kang was a good idea. As far as I can see, the latest Phase 4’s been just a huge mess. They could’ve used Kang as the main antagonist there, kinda like Loki was for Phase 1, and just kept everything together with a more cohesive story line.
    They should have gone for Doom as the big bad in the first place. I really fail to understand their reasoning... I don’t know what they have against Victor at Marvel Studios, but I think it’s a bit too late now. I personally have lost any real interest in Marvel’s projects… and that’s sad