Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I love that they used that scene from Cantwell's Doctor Doom series. Novak the Bear lives!

I found a larger image of Alex Ross's variant cover for April's Guardians of the Galaxy #1. I think this is his best Doctor Doom so far

Is anyone else getting this Book Of Doom omnibus? I ordered mine today!! So keen to have it!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I got one last summer and I am very happy with it. I think I like the bonus features the best. I have begun reading some of it. To think that it ends at Books of Doom when there are more good Doom stories after that like Doomwar, Infamous Iron Man or Jonathan Hickman's Secret Wars series and Marvel Two in One (2018). There are many guest appearances too. But at over 2,000 pages this is probably one of Marvel's biggest collected works.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-21-2023 at 10:29 AM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I got one last summer and I am very happy with it. I think I like the bonus features the best. I have begun reading some of it. To think that it ends at Books of Doom when there are more good Doom stories after that like Doomwar, Infamous Iron Man or Jonathan Hickman's Secret Wars series and Marvel Two in One (2018). There are many guest appearances too. But at over 2,000 pages this is probably one of Marvel's biggest collected works.
    Exactly, to name what was left out (including Doom 2099) you'd probably double the page count. Imagine that for a character that has yet to be seen in the MCU ...
    But they did nail some of the key appearances and the extras in the Omnibus are very cool.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Exactly, to name what was left out (including Doom 2099) you'd probably double the page count. Imagine that for a character that has yet to be seen in the MCU ...
    But they did nail some of the key appearances and the extras in the Omnibus are very cool.
    Maybe the reason why Doom hasn't been in the MCU is that the story developers haven't read all of the Omnibus yet

BTW, I did see this banner on the Marvel site last week. Bah! Hopefully we will still get some Doom appearances in the comics while waiting for news about the MCU.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-21-2023 at 11:30 AM.

"Because ... I am Doom

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I honestly think we are going to get Doom vs the Avengers in McKay's run after reading his Timeless. Yes, there's going to be a lot of Kang, cause MCU synergy, but I'm looking forward to reading McKay's Doom. The real Doom, not Black Cat's embellishments.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I love that they used that scene from Cantwell's Doctor Doom series. Novak the Bear lives!

I found a larger image of Alex Ross's variant cover for April's Guardians of the Galaxy #1. I think this is his best Doctor Doom so far

I saw that. They are using Doom to help out GotG. He should have been on the FF cover. Of course, we are getting an awesome Alex Ross Anihilus there, so ....
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Very reminiscent of this Dr Doom figure from 1994:

Attachment 128659
    His hand would shoot off???

That doesn't bother me personally because I have those already. I do not have 'Books Of Doom' or 'Triumph and Torment' and I'm really looking forward to reading those!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I really enjoy Kang but only when he's written a certain way. For me Kang is the ultimate wannabe in comics. The guy literally went to ancient Egypt to become a pharoah, his Scarlet Centurion look is inspired by Doctor Doom and Iron Lad look is inspired by Iron Man. It's like those bands that don't have songs of their own but instead covers the greatest hits of all time. Making him a Doom-like figure completely goes against this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    His hand would shoot off???
    No, not all the way off, just it would shoot out. Kinda weird, not in his power set, but, ya know, toy makers. :/
    "Because ... I am Doom

No, not all the way off, just it would shoot out. Kinda weird, not in his power set, but, ya know, toy makers. :/
    I actually love that. It's very toy makers. I think there's a hydro blast Namor that's equally odd, but toy fun.

heheh ... now I can't help but think how surprised someone would be in the comics if Doom's gauntlet shot out and punched them. Of course, it would be a Doombot.

Got my supervillain Monopoly set today, here's the Dr Doom token:
    2022 Monopoly Marvel Super Villains Dr Doom game token.jpg

With the Dr Doom card
    2022 Monopoly Marvel Super Villains Dr Doom card and token.jpg

Comparing to the 2005 Monopoly Fantastic Four Doctor Doom token:
    2023-01-22 11.13.35.jpg
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 01-22-2023 at 12:43 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

He's so shiny. I do love that Doom card!